Skyrim:The Savior of Selveni Nethri
|This page is currently being rewritten as part of the Skyrim Quest Redesign Project.
The page is being rewritten and checked in several stages. All users are welcome to make changes to the page. If you make a change that is relevant to the project, please update this template accordingly, and make sure you have observed the project guidelines.
 Quick Walkthrough
- Find Selveni Nethri trapped in webs in Southfringe Sanctum and cut her down.
- Help her escape the cave.
 Detailed Walkthrough
When exploring Southfringe Sanctum, kill the spellsword near the first gate and move along the bottom path. Clear every Frostbite Spider in your way and defeat the giant one near the end. Behind their lair you will find a very much alive Selveni Nethri trapped in webs. She will plea to you to cut her down.
Free her from the webs and she will tell you, "Bashnag's coven chased me out and left me for dead down here. Nobody lasts too long with the spiders. I won't be myself for some time. I just need to get out here and recover." She is a necromancer and she doesn't like the moral judgement about it, either. Savela, her daughter, was sent to the orphanage in Riften when she stood accused of illegal necromancy. Without any other choices, she joined with Bashnag then. But she thought of her daughter every day. So she sneaked off, hoping to find and steal away with her. However, her daughter was gone and she didn't know what else to do, so she came back. Unfortunately, she was no longer welcome. Bashnag accused her of trying to sell him out to the Thalmor. She was cursed and chased off.
Because of the curse of Bashnag, she can't cast a spell to save her life right now. She isn't able to escape until the way out is safe. You'll face your enemies alone without her assistance. However, it's not necessary to kill Bashnag and all his fellow spellswords to ensure her safety. Her old company could hardly notice her leave and stop her. If you tell her the way out is clear, she will thank you and move along the path in the spider area to get out of the cave by herself. In many cases, she can get stuck near the entrance. When she has exited the cave, the quest will be completed.
- She may refuse to move after being cut down.
- Try talking to her until she moves. This might continue past any meaningful conversation, but she should eventually move.
- In many cases, Selveni can get stuck near the entrance. Some things that can be tried to unstick her are:
- Talk to her.
- Use your equipment, spell, or shout to get her unstuck, such as Unrelenting Force, a Paralysis spell, or blocks.
- Use the wait feature for one hour.
- Leaving and reentering the location may also work. In that case, she will disappear from cave, and the journal will update the quest as completed.
- Selveni may even escape but the quest journal indicates that it never completed.
 Quest Stages
|The Savior of Selveni Nethri (dunSouthfringeQST)|
|Stage||Finishes Quest||Journal Entry|
|1||(Objective is assigned): Help Selveni Nethri escape the cave.|
- The following empty quest stages were omitted from the table: 0, 10, 15, 50, 200