Skyrim:Trouble in Skyrim
|This article could benefit from an image.
See Help:Images for information on how to upload images. Please remove this template from the page when finished.
- Kill the leader of the assigned location.
- Return to Farkas.
This is a radiant quest given by Farkas when asked for work. Farkas has received a contract to clear out a troublesome area. The enemies you encounter is dependent on the location of the quest. In order to complete the contract, you need to travel to the location and kill the leader. The quest is randomized and repeatable.
The target location is randomly chosen from 118 possible locations, amounting to a majority of the dungeons that contain boss-type enemies. The location will be limited to holds that you have previously visited, so early in the game you may only receive destinations within Whiterun Hold, but later in the game there are many more possible destinations. Possible types of locations are:
- A Bandit Camp or Bandit-Occupied Fort: (28 possible locations) — "Nothing but a bunch of lowly bandits. Cowards, who will take little effort."
- A Draugr Crypt: (17 possible locations) — "The restless dead. Not pretty, but if you don't stop them, they'll move on to the locals."
- A Falmer Hive: (12 possible locations) — "The Falmer. There have been reports that they've been attacking people at night."
- A Forsworn Camp: (8 possible locations) — "It's a problem with the Forsworn. Unpredictable, unknowable, and dangerous. Be careful."
- A Giant Camp: (12 possible locations) — "It's a clan of giants. The war is driving them out of their lands, and they've started attacking settlements."
- A Hagraven Nest: (11 possible locations) — "You'll be clearing a nest of those Hagraven things. I've never faced one myself, but I hear... disturbing things about them."
- A Spriggan Grove: (8 possible locations) — "Oddly enough, Spriggans. Usually they let alone, but for some reason, this particular grove isn't."
- A Vampire Lair: (6 possible locations) — "Bloodsuckers. Vampires. Take every precaution. One bite, and you could end up as one of them."
- A Warlock Lair: (17 possible locations) — "Rogue wizards. I've never trusted magic types. The College is bad enough. Destroy them."
(Note that the provided categories list all locations with the given type of occupant, including locations that do not have a boss-type enemy and therefore cannot be possible destinations for this quest).
- If Dragonborn is installed, some radiant locations may be on Solstheim. If you are in Skyrim, you will not receive a quest marker pointing you to the quest location, but must travel to Solstheim first (at which point any quest markers you have to quests in Skyrim will lose their quest markers).
- If you clear Driftshade Sanctuary (or any of radiant locations this quest can get) prior to starting this quest, it may become uncompleteable. This bug can occur even if you haven't discovered the location to which the quest directs you.
- This bug is fixed by version 126.96.36.199.8 of the Official Skyrim Patch.
- You may use the console to manually enable the next stage in the main companions quest line. First enter the command
setstage C01 0then
setstage CR05 0and then
setstage CR05 20; then speak to whoever who gave you this quest so you can finish this quest without doing it again. This seems to work, though other issues may or may not arise later (has not been thoroughly tested).
- You can also use the console command
setstage cr05 20to manually progress the quest to the next stage.
- If you are using console commands, you should deselect the quest beforehand; if you do not, the quest may remain highlighted, leaving a permanent quest marker on your map.
- You may
resurrectthe bandits and kill them again.
- The quest is greyed out in the journal (completed) when you've returned to Farkas.
- The quest is switched to "completed" at a point outside of Whiterun as you return (tested from Redoran's Retreat only).
- Use the console command
setstage cr05 100. You will receive a reward and be able to ask for more work.
- The following empty quest stages were omitted from the table: 0, 1, 100, 250.