Skyrim:Trouble in Skyrim
|This page is currently being rewritten as part of the Skyrim Quest Redesign Project.
The page is being rewritten and checked in several stages. All users are welcome to make changes to the page. If you make a change that is relevant to the project, please update this template accordingly, and make sure you have observed the project guidelines.
|This article could benefit from an image.
See Help:Images for information on how to upload images. Please remove this template from the page when finished.
 Radiant Options
This is a radiant quest which you can only receive from the following person.
|Farkas||Jorrvaskr Living Quarters (Whiterun)|
The target location is randomly chosen from 118 possible locations, amounting to a majority of the dungeons that contain boss-type enemies. The location will be limited to holds that you have previously visited, so early in the game you may only receive destinations within Whiterun Hold, but later in the game there are many more possible destinations. Possible types of locations are:
- A Bandit Camp or Bandit-Occupied Fort: 28 possible locations (Bandit Camps category)
- A Falmer Hive: 12 possible locations (Falmer Hives category)
- A Forsworn Camp: 8 possible locations (Forsworn Camps category)
- A Giant Camp: 12 possible locations (Giant Camps category)
- A Hagraven Nest: 11 possible locations (Hagraven Nests category)
- A Vampire Lair: 6 possible locations (Vampire Lairs category)
- A Warlock Lair: 17 possible locations (Warlock Lairs category)
- A Spriggan Grove: 8 possible locations (Spriggan Groves category)
- A Draugr Crypt: 17 possible locations (Draugr Crypts category)
(Note that the provided categories list all locations with the given type of occupant, including locations that do not have a boss-type enemy and therefore cannot be possible destinations for this quest).
 Quick Walkthrough
- Kill the leader of the assigned location.
- Return to Farkas.
 Detailed Walkthrough
Farkas has received a contract to clear out a troublesome area. You need to travel there and kill the leader. The quest is randomized and repeatable.
- If Dragonborn is installed, some radiant locations may be on Solstheim. If you are in Skyrim, you will not receive a quest marker pointing you to the quest location, but must travel to Solstheim first (at which point any quest markers you have to quests in Skyrim will lose their quest markers).
- If you clear Driftshade Sanctuary (or any of radiant locations this quest can get) prior to starting this quest, it may become uncompleteable.
- This bug is fixed by version 184.108.40.206.8 of the Official Skyrim Patch.
- You may use the console to manually enable the next stage in the main companions quest line. First enter the command
setstage C01 0then
setstage CR05 0and then
setstage CR05 20; then speak to whoever who gave you this quest so you can finish this quest without doing it again. This seems to work, though other issues may or may not arise later (has not been thoroughly tested).
- You can also use the console command
setstage cr05 20to manually progress the quest to the next stage.
- If you are using console commands, you should deselect the quest beforehand; if you do not, the quest may remain highlighted, leaving a permanent quest marker on your map.
- This bug can occur even if you haven't discovered the location to which the quest directs you.
- If you have cleared Nilheim before this quest, the bandit there won't rspawn and make it become uncompleteable.
- You may
resurrectthe bandits and kill them again.
- You may
- The quest is greyed out in the journal (completed) when you've returned to Farkas.
- The quest is switched to "completed" at a point outside of Whiterun as you return (tested from Redoran's Retreat only).
- Use the console command
setstage cr05 100. You will receive a reward and be able to ask for more work.
 Quest Stages
- The following empty quest stages were omitted from the table: 0, 1, 100, 250.