Tundra Cotton is a plant which mostly grows in the plains of Whiterun Hold.
- "Not all Nords are savages wrapped in animal skins, howling at the moon. There are a wide variety of fabrics worn throughout the land, thanks in no small part to the stubborn Tundra Cotton plant. It soaks up what rain it can in the plains west of Whiterun, and blooms frequently. While it does not exhibit any of the more striking alchemical properties, it is a staple in potions for not only fortifying magicka, but for resisting spells as well. I wonder if that quality is what allows it to have adapted so well to this climate." - Agneta Falia in the Herbalist's Guide to Skyrim.
157 guaranteed samples can be found in 55 different locations. Locations with the greatest numbers are:
- 15 in the Thalmor Embassy (Haafingar)
- 12 in the Blue Palace (Solitude)
- 10 in Erikur's House (Solitude)
- 10 in Vittoria Vici's House (Solitude)
It is categorized as a common ingredient, meaning that all apothecary merchants have a 36% chance of carrying 1-5 samples. In addition, it may be randomly found in some barrels and in apothecary's satchels.
710 tundra cotton plants are found in 61 different locations. Locations with the greatest numbers are:
- 46 around Broken Fang Cave (Whiterun Hold)
- 37 around Whitewatch Tower (Whiterun Hold)
- 34 around Sleeping Tree Camp (Whiterun Hold)
- 32 around Bloated Man's Grotto (Falkreath Hold)
- 31 around Loreius Farm (The Pale)
- 30 around Swindler's Den (Whiterun Hold)
- 24 around Redoran's Retreat (Whiterun Hold)
- 23 around Fort Greymoor (Whiterun Hold)
- 23 around Talking Stone Camp (Hjaalmarch)