Skyrim:Uttering Hills Cave
|# of Zones||1|
|Respawn Time||10 days or 30 days|
|Bandits, Summerset Shadows|
|Console Location Code(s)|
|Southwest of Windhelm|
|# of Alchemy Labs||1|
|# of Cooking Pots/Spits||1|
|# of Corundum||1|
It can only be reached from directly north or south. The easiest is to travel to Anga's Mill, cross the river and climb the path. Outside the cave is a small camp, with two bandits guarding the entrance.
 Related Quests
- Summerset Shadows: Remove a rival guild from the picture.
- Amulet of the Moon: Find the Moon Amulet for Kharjo.
- Dungeon Delving: Do a favor by retrieving an item from a cave.
- Find Shahvee's Amulet of Zenithar: Do a favor by retrieving an item from a bandit hideout.
- Harsh Master: Take care of a runaway crew member.
- Kill the Bandit Leader: Do a favor by slaying a bandit leader.
 Zone 1: Uttering Hills Cave
On a small table to the left is a leveled poison. The mined area turns into snowy cave tunnels and has a few corners. The path diverges into two paths to the left and right, both patrolled by a guard. There are two bandits warming themselves by a fire with a cooking pot. There is a chest beside the fire and a Corundum Ore vein to the west.
The door leads to a circular tower room, at the bottom of which is an alchemy lab and a random potion. Hanging above the lab is a dried Elves Ear and a dried Frost Mirriam. There is a bandit patrolling between the room and the next stairs, and another one sitting at the far end of the tunnel. The room to the right contains some bread and cheese, with a door to either side. The room to the left contains two bandits—one awake and one sleeping—a knapsack, and a leveled potion.
- After Summerset Shadows, the Shadows replace the bandits and follow the bandits' routines. If you have an objective to kill the bandit leader here after the quest, it will be impossible to complete it as the bandit leader will be the corpse of Linwe, who is already dead.