|Location||Outside of Moss Mother Cavern|
|House||Dead Man's Drink|
|Level||PC×1 (range=8-25)||Class||Bandit Archer|
|Primary Skills||Archery, Light Armor, One-handed, Sneak|
|Follower||Moss Mother Cavern|
|Faction(s)||CrimeFactionFalkreath; TownFalkreathFaction; dunMossMotherValdrFaction|
Valdr, a Nord bandit archer, is a hunter who resides in Falkreath. His hunting party was killed in Moss Mother Cavern by spriggans while tracking a bear sow. Valdr alone survived, and is found injured and dying at the cavern's entrance when first encountered. If you heal him he will ask you to help him clear out the cave and avenge his fallen comrades, but if not Valdr will die. You can either have Valdr accompany you to help clear the cave, or persuade him to let you do it yourself. After clearing the cave of spriggans, he promises to return to Falkreath after burying his friends Ari and Niels and gives you his lucky dagger as a reward. From that point on, he can be found living at Dead Man's Drink.
 Related Quests
- Moss Mother Cavern: Help an injured hunter avenge his fallen companions.
Outside Moss Mother Cavern:
If you are undetected he can be heard saying a few things, "I really got myself into it this time." "Not sure how much longer I can hold out here." "That is a lot of blood."
When detected he will say "Hello? You! Over here! Please, I need help!" followed by "Please, do you have a potion you can spare?" and "Please! I'm not sure I'll make it on my own." until you interact with him.
When you talk to him he opens with "Thank Kynareth for you, stranger. I'd almost given up hope of walking away from here."
(Asking this question results in this answer and he continues with all the dialogue below) Who are you? "Name's Valdr. I hunt out of Falkreath."
(Asking this question skips the previous dialogue) What are you doing out here? "We tracked a bear to this den. Good coin for those pelts. We had the big sow cornered when they showed up. Three of them, out of nowhere."
"Spriggans. Niels went down before we even knew to run. Ari died just inside. I never even thought the things were real."
"I may have lost a drop or two of blood. Truth is, I'm not going anywhere like this. Hurts to breathe."
I may have a potion to spare, "I just need a little to get going."
I may know a spell that would work, "Thank you. Please hurry!"
I'll be back, "Please, I need help! I don't want to die on this damned log!" If you leave the conversation reopens with "I may have lost...".
Upon healing him, "Much better. Thanks, friend. I wouldn't have lasted much longer without that."
"But now what? I can't just walk away. Not with my friends' bodies in there, being torn apart by those beasts."
I understand. Let me help you. "You'd do that for a stranger? I don't know what to say. Lead on, I suppose."
Don't be foolish. I'll do it. "You'd really risk your life for a stranger's honor? I don't even know what to say. Thank you, my friend. I'll wait here."
Advice given is not dependent on previous selections "Step lightly. Who knows if those things can hear us or not." "Be careful. They're faster than you'd think."
Upon completion "It's done, then. Justice, if you can call it that."
"Look, I want you to have this. I know it isn't much, but it's important to me."
"Ari gave me this dagger when we first started hunting together. Always said it brought her luck. You should be the one to carry it now."
"I'll give them a proper burial, then head back. Come find me if you're ever in Falkreath. You'll always be welcome at my door."
- Upon initial contact with Valdr, he will complain about needing a potion, but you may be unable to initiate conversation with him in order to give a potion. Possible fix includes using Healing Hands restoration magic and standing next to Valdr for several seconds.
- While acting as a quest follower he will make generic comments as if he is a non-hostile NPC rather than a follower, leading to negative comments for things such as sneaking.
- If you choose to clear the Cavern without his assistance, he may be hostile when you exit.
- To circumvent this bug, exit the cave while sneaking and remain motionless outside. Valdr will approach and trigger the quest-completing dialogue if he does not spot you, even if he is hostile.
- If you choose to clear the Cavern without his assistance, he may reward you normally upon exiting the Cavern, only to attack you on sight later in the game upon entering Falkreath's Inn.
- If the cavern is cleared, Valdr starts to speak with you and gives you the dagger. If his speech is interrupted, you can restart it, thus obtaining two daggers.
- After completing the quest and receiving the dagger the quest may not update in your journal, causing an arrow to appear above Valdr in the Inn but no quest speech option.
- Upon initial contact with Valdr, he may skip multiple lines from the dialogue and never mention being injured. Therefore you won't be able to complete the miscellaneous quest objective "Locate Voldr's hunting party."