|Respawn Time||10 days|
|Console Location Code(s)|
|West of Whiterun
North of Secunda's Kiss
It is situated along the main road heading west from Whiterun, allowing the Whiterun city guard to watch for any potential threats approaching from that direction.
The tower can be entered via the crumbling wall that forms a ramp upwards. The area between the fallen walls contains two burnt corpses with loot, a training dummy and the charred remains of a wooden hut. Inside the tower are two unowned bedrolls and a small table with a lantern. The second floor contains an archery target and a bale of hay, while the top floor is empty. There is an Imperial Legion banner flying from the tower.
- There are two iron ore veins in the rocks to the west
- The Western Watchtower will not be marked as a location on your map until the quest Dragon Rising begins
- The Imperial Legion banner will be replaced by the banner of Windhelm if the Stormcloaks capture Whiterun during the civil war questline.
- If you approach the watch tower before "Dragon Rising" it will be destroyed. The only difference in the quest is that the grass is on fire
- Sometimes the guards may be missing, possibly if the Stormcloaks hold Whiterun.
- This bug is fixed by version 2.0.1 of the Unofficial Skyrim Patch.