Skyrim talk:A Blade in the Dark
I wrote down Alduin and Sahloknir's dialog before the battle, I tried to translate it, but don't have enough knowledge of the language to get very close. Here is the transcript, and my notes:
Alduin: Sahloknir! Ziil gro dovah ulse! (Ziil is close to Zii "spirit", gro is close to Gron "bind", Dovah : "Dragon", Ulse is close to Ul "Eternity")
Alduin: Slen Tiid Vo! (Flesh Time ___) < Flesh Time Undo
Sahloknir: Alduin, thuri! Boaan tiid vokriiha suleyksejun kruziik? (Alduin, ___ Time ___ Ancient? suleyksejun appears to have both Sul "Day" and jun "King" in it)
Alduin: Geh, Sahloknir, kaali mir. (Kaali is almost Kaal "Champion",Mir: Allegiance) < My champion?
Alduin: Ful, losei Dovahkiin? Zu'u koraav nid nol dov do hi. (Losei is close to Los "is", Zu'u is similar to both Zul "voice" and Zun "weapon", Koraav is only one letter off from Kodaav "bear". Nol dov do : "From wyrm of")
Alduin: You do not even know our tongue, do you? Such arrogance, to dare take for yourself the name of Dovah
Alduin: Sahloknir, krii daar joorre. < kill these mortals. (Daar is similar to Daanik "doomed" and Joorre is similar to Joor "Mortal")
I don't know how to add whats important to the Wiki itself, but I'm sure someone else will know what to do with this. 184.108.40.206 08:31, 20 November 2011 (UTC)
- Nice work on the transcribe, Vo is Dragon for un, as in unkind, Suleyksejun could mean power of king, as Suleyk means power. Thur (from thuri) means Overlord.
- Could be something like this:
- Alduin:Sahloknir! I bind your dragon spirit for eternity!
- Alduin: Flesh unrot!
- Sahloknir: Alduin, Overlord! The ancient undead rise again?
- Alduin: Yes, Sahloknir, the Allegiance of Champions
- Alduin: So, is this the Dragonborn? Your voice shines not from Dragonkind, but from yourself.
- Alduin: Sahloknir, kill this (or these) mortal (or mortals)
- Rough guesses based on the dragon language in the Official Strategy Guide --Dovahfron613 09:03, 20 November 2011 (UTC)
- I removed this: "*The name of this quest is likely a reference to "A Knife in the Dark," a Dark Brotherhood quest in Oblivion, as well as being a pun concerning the Blades and the term 'cloak and daggers'. Both quest titles also reference a chapter title in the Fellowship of the Ring, first book of The Lord of the Rings, in which Frodo is stabbed with a poisoned dagger by the Witch-King of Angmar." Believe it or not, but not every instance of a word's occurrence in a work of fantasy can trace its genesis to LOTR. As for the quest's name as "likely" being a reference to "A Knife in the Dark" from Oblivion, well, sure maybe, as both quests involve killing someone to prove oneself to an organization, but does it belong under "Notes"? It barely qualifies as trivia, imo. 220.127.116.11 01:16, 27 December 2011 (UTC)
 Sahloknir won't appear
It is possible for Sahloknir to not appear. In this case it is impossible to complete this quest without using the console. Use the command "setstage MQ106 200" to finish the quest and "player.setav dragonsouls 1" to give yourself Sahloknir's dragon soul. -18.104.22.168 12:59, 22 January 2012 (UTC)
 Sahloknir visual bug
I managed to kill Sahloknir before he finished his reincarnation animation. When I absorbed his soul, he didn't turn into a skeleton, and had no hitbox. This is on the 360. Ivan the Vandal (talk) 20:13, 23 October 2012 (GMT)
 Quest Stages 150 and 155
Quest Stage 150 I believe is after you kill Sahloknir, but before Delphine agrees to trust you. (She got stuck for me saying "I've wanted a closer look at one of these buggers".) Setting stage to 155 didn't seem to update any quest thing, but Delphine is willing to talk.
(Sum up: 155 might seem like a "useless" quest stage, but it does have a use to be set to. I tried a couple of times to kill Sahloknir to get Delphine to update, but all were after the quest started, so I don't know what broke it.) — Unsigned comment by 22.214.171.124 (talk) at 14:45 on 25 October 2012
- Usually quest stages are not really useless, but currently we only document quest log entries and objectives given in those tables. Summarizing what happens at each stage will probably make the table way too big. --Alfwyn (talk) 16:48, 25 October 2012 (GMT)
 Next quest won't start
After killing Sahloknir and absorbing his soul Delphine only has two conversation options. Using setstage MQ106 155 did not work and and using setstage MQ106 200 finished that quest but now Diplomatic Immunity didn't start and I can't progress the quest line. Can someone help me? — Unsigned comment by 126.96.36.199 (talk) at 11:40 on 18 November 2012
- I have the same problem :P
- I prove any kind of situations to get right Delphine's dialogue (go alone with no companion, have the Unrelenting Force before meet Sahloknir, dont have the Unrelenting Force, play all the way in the cave whre you go for Jurgen Horn...) and still the same bug.
- setstage to 155 dont work at all, and like the others, set to 200 endend the quest but can open the next quest...
- Any idea what have to do? or to prove? Is annoying start another game (have more than 100h. in this and probably i have to do this quest before but...) and dont know if this bug gonna happen again :( — Unsigned comment by 188.8.131.52 (talk) at 23:38 on 28 January 2013
Same problem here. setstage mq106 150 155 160 won't work because the quest already advances to 160, yet Delphine's dialogue still doesn't change. Tried without mods and with all manners of combinations suggested in the wikis/forums. I suspect savegame corruption after an update, since the first two playthroughs (one before Dawnguard, the other before Hearthfire) went smoothly. Starting a new game with Dragonborn 1.8 update. Will keep y'all posted. (Curiously, I found that the vast majority of these bugged reports are dated after November 2012. Perhaps it's the latest version?)--184.108.40.206 07:09, 21 February 2013 (GMT)
- Edit: Okay, back from full reinstall + update to Dragonborn v1.8 + all necessary NMM mod updates + new savegame. The quest is no longer broken. Seems I may have been right in that previous updates may have corrupted the savegame/game scripts. So if any of you have a similar problem and the fixes on this wiki don't help, then I guess this is the only surefire way to debug it. Huge pain in the a**, but what can you do? At least you no longer have to suffer through slaying Sahloknir a billion times. Happy hunting. My joy at this revelation cannot be overstated. :)--220.127.116.11 07:09, 21 February 2013 (GMT)
I had this bug, and from what I can tell the save for whatever reason becomes unable to set some quest stages, specifically those done during conversations. It's a save game corruption issue, and I don't think there's a fix for it. Bound Until Death also suffers from this problem. Kirro (talk) 02:33, 18 May 2013 (GMT)
 No soul
Exactly the same thing happened here as happened at the Western Watchtower: with the Dragonborn DLC included, the dead dragon does not disintegrate and the player does not receive a dragon soul. I suspect disabling the Unofficial Skyrim Patch and doing the whole thing again will fix this. 18.104.22.168 16:06, 25 February 2013 (GMT)
- This is a well known bug caused by the USKP. They have since fixed this with UDBP. Jeancey (talk) 16:23, 25 February 2013 (GMT)
 No dragons
So, after starting this quest and sending Delphine off to Kynesgrove, I wandered off and did other things. Thirty levels later I noticed I hadn't seen a single dragon. Not one. Is this a known thing? If so, shouldn't it be in the article somewhere? I went back to Kynesgrove, finished the quest and suddenly I'm up to my ears in scaly immortal flying lizards, so there would seem to be a firm connection.