Skyrim talk:Abandoned Shack
 Owned House?
- Yes, but you can't move in with a spouse.126.96.36.199 04:52, 29 March 2012 (UTC)
 LOST ITEMS!!!!!!!!!
i thought this house was mine since i had the key...i put in the chest all my dragon staff i had for my future dragon armor i came back to put some more and the're gone!!!!!!can i find them someway somehow??????can i find out who took them?????? — Unsigned comment by Misusel (talk • contribs) at 17:32 on 1 December 2011
- No sorry, there's no way to find to who took them probably the container that you put your items in is just reseted and your items are vanished. You should only keep your items in safe containers which are located in a house you own, any house avabile for player contains multiple safe containers which will never reset. Having the key does not make you the owner of a house. --Heartseeker 00:39, 20 December 2011 (UTC)
- That's interesting, because I've taken the Abandoned Shack as my home. I've used every possible storage place: the sack, the barrel, the dresser, the chest, two corpses and Vasha (who I can't bring myself to kill yet still reverse pickpocket misc items onto him... Alea's body is my library and Fultheim is my jewelry box). I've left everything from dragon bones to human hearts on everything in A.B., and it's been a wonderful free home to me, and it perfectly suits my character. This is 360 version, so don't know what to tell ya :\ pay-off for getting to console maybe?... 188.8.131.52 08:59, 16 February 2012 (UTC)
 What the??
So I was just walking near the Abandoned Shack when I suddenly encountered 2 Chaurus, 2 dead Draugr, 3 Horkers, 2 Sabre Cats, 2 Slaughterfish and a Khajiit Trade Caravan. Not all together but not long after each other. Is this normal? I dont think so,.. Since when do Draugr and Chaurus spawn on normal land? And Horkers are supposed to be in snowy areas only right? --Evokedrake 13:44, 4 February (UTC)
- For all intents and purposes, Chaurus can spawn outside of dungeons, and those Sabre Cats are nothing unusual. The draugr corpses are a little strange, but I've encountered them outside of dungeons before. The only real mystery is around the horkers. (This is all assuming you're in the marshes south of Solitude.) They're all possible, but the rapid succession is a little odd.184.108.40.206 04:51, 29 March 2012 (UTC)
- This whole area and further south is a spawning ground for Chaurus and Frostbite Spiders. The 2 dead Draugr are not. If they are the ones I'm thinking they are either the 2 found directly south of the shack, very hard to see, half buried under some fallen pillars with a chest nearby, one of them holds the Sneak skill book Sacred Witness, or they are the two directly east near more pillars that have general Draugr loot. Philbert 19:35, 21 May 2012 (UTC)
- if u have read the cabin in the woods book and the woodcutters wife book in skyrim then you are probibly wondering were that shack is that they are talking about in the book? Well, it's the abandoned shack! Yeah thats right the abandonded....shack. — Unsigned comment by 220.127.116.11 (talk) at 14:07 on 19 May 2012
 storage question
- Since you are altering game data by using console commands, I believe the only way to know for sure is to try it yourself. --XyzzyTalk 00:27, 16 August 2012 (UTC)
 In all three games
There is a building called abandoned shack in Morrowind and Oblivion as well, though this is the only abandoned shack to really be of any importance to the game--18.104.22.168 13:19, 5 September 2012 (EDT)
 Looping door issue
I've encountered a bug after installing Dragonborn (and after deleting game data and reinstalling it still happens) when I try to leave the Abandoned Shack after killing one of the tied-up victims and receiving the key. I activate the door to leave, but when the game loads it instead loads the inside of the shack where I already was. Basically I'm stuck because I can't leave. Where the hell is Almsivi Intervention when you need it? I knew there was a reason I kept going back to the older TES games instead of playing this buggy piece of crap. — Unsigned comment by 22.214.171.124 (talk) at 09:33 on 20 April 2013
- What platform is this on? PS3, Xbox 360 or PC? If it happens to be on the PC, you wouldn't happen to be using the Unofficial Skyrim Patch, would you? Because that one completely breaks The Dark Brotherhood for me. Not just limited to one particular savegame, just in general it tends to break The Dark Brotherhood. -Kharay (talk) 10:18, 20 April 2013 (GMT)
 What happens to the captives?
This isn't about the location per se, but what happens to the captives if you kill Astrid and cut their bonds? Do they stay in the shack or simply get removed from the game?126.96.36.199 14:00, 29 April 2013 (GMT)
- They are removed from the game (disabled) at stage 20 of Destroy the Dark Brotherhood and probably similarly removed in a DB quest (which I can't find right now). Vely►t►e 19:40, 29 April 2013 (GMT)
So if you install dawnguard and you're playing on xbox or ps3 is there just no workaround for the bad navmesh that disconnects the door? Will I be unable to join the dark brotherhood if I install dawnguard, in short? 188.8.131.52 18:55, 26 May 2013 (GMT)