Friendly Alva
Is Alva supposed to be friendly during 'Lain to rest'? When I storm the vampire's hideout I can run straight to her and find her quite unhostile, she'll even attack other vampires. Playing on PC, no mods and latest patch. AzureSN 16:51, 18 November 2011 (UTC)
- Yes, this seems to be the case; once you finish it and report back to the Jarl, though, I found out that she turns back to being hostile if you lockpick her house and sees her sleeping in her coffin. -Momatoes 13:49, 9 December 2011 (UTC)
 extra dialogue
If you're a vampire when you talk to Alva in town, she will hint that she is a vampire, she says "I know you for what you are, the blood of this town is ours, leave it. Now we must return to our roles, lest the sheep suspect the wolves". She only said this once however; when you talk to her as a vampire for the first time. She also made following statements like "These people are cattle" but unlike the first mentioned line I'm not sure if she says this any way.I'm continuing to do other Vampire related quests as a vampire to see if there are obvious changes in NPC reaction — Unsigned comment by 18.104.22.168 (talk) at 03:21 on 19 November 2011
- yes that is true though so far no other vampire i have talked to acknowledge me as a vampire, the other vampires that can be talked to are babette, hert and hern but they don't notice anything, the werewolf of the dark brotherhood can know if you're a werewolf though. there may be more but i haven't discovered any yet. Mr Scryer 22.214.171.124 21:36, 22 November 2011 (UTC)
(←) Here's another conversation I overheard while sneaking in her house after she had returned home, about an hour before dawn.
Hroggar: How are you feeling?
Alva: I feel wonderful, just like every night.
Hroggar: Do you need anything? Are you hungry?
Alva: Oh Hroggar, you know I'm always hungry. Don't worry, I'll eat when I need to.
Alva: Oh, look! We have company!
- At the Moorside Inn with the Innkeeper
- Alva: Why, good evening Jonna!
- Jonna: What can I getcha, Alva?
- Alva: What can't you get me, sweetie?
- Jonna: Umm... Did you want somethin' to eat?
- Alva: Eat? No, I don't think I'm... hungry. Not now, at least.
- Jonna: Right. Okay, tell me if you change yer mind.
- Sulhir (talk) 22:39, 23 September 2012 (GMT)
- Just wanted to add that I was a cured vampire, that turned werewolf and she gave me those same lines. I'm not sure if being a werewolf counts for her or if perhaps because I was a vampire before, I got the dialogue. 126.96.36.199 22:29, 23 October 2012 (GMT)
I loaded a save in town (outdoors), having not yet started her quest, and she spontaneously attacked me. At the time I was about 2 days into Sanguinare Vampiris, so I thought that might have had something to do with it. The guards ignored the fight entirely. Qing Guang 07:55, 27 November 2011 (UTC)
- for anyone to be hostile, you need to be a stage 4 vampire, so its either a glitch or you did something to make her hostile i.e you attacked her, stole from her etc 188.8.131.52 23:46, 28 November 2011 (UTC)
- can confirm. I have had this happen to me on multiple characters; she will attack me the first time I ever walk into town, when I am not a vampire, nor have I done any quest related to her, or ever seen her before on that character. — Unsigned comment by 184.108.40.206 (talk) at 19:02 on 6 September 2014 (GMT)
- these a mod on the nexus that allows you! 220.127.116.11 05:39, 19 December 2011 (UTC)
While on Laid to Rest, at the part where Alva would be leaving for Movarth's hideout a dragon was attacking, Alva ran away and I never saw her in the cave, I hadn't seen her since (and I WAS looking for her) until the other night while I was doing Dark Brotherhood quests. I found her in the Inn, so, as I wanted to do for her....past crimes, I waited in her cellar and sure enough after a couple hours she appeared and attacked me. I had waited 24 hours there before and no Alva, I suppose we could assume she got bugged and my recent 1.4 patch fixed it. Anyone else experience this? - OblivionAnna 18.104.22.168 13:21, 14 February 2012 (UTC)
 Spell resistance
On her article it says that "undead spells" don't work on her, but earlier I used "turn lesser undead" on her and it seemed to work fine. Is my game glitched or is the article mistaken? — Unsigned comment by 22.214.171.124 (talk) at 21:39 on 27 May 2013
- Someone else should test this in-game. Despite her race, she still has the keyword ActorTypeUndead, which should be the trigger for the spell. So, according to what I can see from data, she should be affected. Vely►t►e 22:37, 27 May 2013 (GMT)
- I just tested this. I managed to kill everyone in Movarth's Lair before they could kill her, and I had the Sun Fire and Vampire's Bane spells in my spellbook. I double-cast (I don't have the Restoration Dual Casting perk) the spell Vampire's Bane at her, and she fell over dead. If she wasn't susceptible to spells that only affect undead, I would have just gotten a message 'Alva has resisted Vampire's Bane', and she would have been unhurt. So the note saying she's immune to those spells is incorrect. I'll go ahead and delete it. Swk3000 (talk) 23:54, 7 September 2013 (GMT)