Skyrim talk:Amaund Motierre
 Possible Ancestry?
Can he be the son of Titus Mede II? That he wants his fathers throne before it is too late? Or to trigger a attack from (or perhaps on?) the Aldmeri Dominion? — Unsigned comment by 220.127.116.11 (talk) at 18:44 on 20 November 2011
- He could also be the result of a union between an Imperial and a horker. He could be anything, really, best not to think about it. I will also respectfully request that you don't add any such speculation to the article. :P Tentacle 19:43, 20 November 2011 (UTC)
- Might be worth mentioning, he could be a descendent of Francois Motierre, a Breton involved with the Dark brotherhood in oblivion. — Unsigned comment by 18.104.22.168 (talk) at 13:25 on 18 December 2011
 His role in future?
I didn't kill him in that quest, so he continue to live in Whiterun inn, but he doesn't respond anything when I try to talk to him, the next time I visit the inn (not even "need something?") and his bodyguard can't be found anywhere in the inn. Maybe at this point he become a leftover, generic NPC and no longer essential in the game world. His role is over, survives or not, they probably don't use him again in future expansions... Foxdie 13:12, 9 January 2012 (UTC)
There seem to be two versions of this NPC:
- EDID AmaundMotierre, baseID 0003b43a, refID 0003b43b based at Volunruud
- EDID AmaundMotierreEnd, baseID 0004e64f, refID 0004fa2f based at The Bannered Mare
--Alfwyn 14:44, 16 January 2012 (UTC)
 Interesting comparasions...
He signs his letter to Astrid as "A Friend", and also your random letters to find Words of Power, obtained from the courier, are signed as "A Friend". When you ask him "Who are you, really?" after you obtain the letter and amulet during The Silence is Broken, he gets very defensive about your line of questioning. Is it possible that Amaund is the author of these letters from the courier, and objects to you asking who he really is so as not to blow his cover? Then again, you still receive these letters after his death, but he could continue to send the letters from beyond the grave. This could also merely be a meaningless coincidence. Vyc Ðarkshådøw 01:07, 5 March 2012 (UTC)
- Who knows? All the handwriting in the game looks the same...for all we know, he wrote the notes beforehand and entrusted them to a lackey to have delivered when he saw the Dohvakin go to each of the places he mentions in the notes. RedwoodElf 01:05, 7 March 2012 (UTC)
- Then again, Delphine signs her letter to you as "A Friend" also. Not to mention, as i recall, she is marked essential by default, so her dying isn't going to happen without console. I'm seriously wondering if we ever truly know who sends those letters... Vyc Ðarkshådøw 06:17, 9 March 2012 (UTC)
 Walking dead
Some time after killing him I reentered the inn and found him walking around. I have the talk option but am unable to do so. Attacking him openly I got an assault bounty even though I killed him. He has the inventory I left him with when I initially killed him. — Unsigned comment by 22.214.171.124 (talk) at 17:09 on 14 February 2013