Skyrim talk:Amulet of Mara
 Note about the Amulet of Mara
The one you purchase from the priest of Mara is NOT enchanted and has a script on it to start the marriage dialog. The random loot Amulet of Mara, with the enchantment, does not have the marriage script attached. 184.108.40.206 13:29, 14 November 2011 (UTC)
- I just bought the Amulet from Maramal and it has both the -10% Magicka cost to Resto spells, AND the ability to marry. This was on PS3. 220.127.116.11 18:42, 26 November 2011 (UTC)
 alternate way to aquire
I know for a fact that I picked up one copy of the Amulet of Mara off of a dead imperial in the entrance hall of Korvanjund while retrieving the Jagged Crown for the Rebels, and I'm fairly certain I picked up another one from another imperial corpse (not sure where) at some other time, as I have two and I didn't receive either from a method mentioned on this page.
- However, After further investigation, this is apparently a different "amulet of mara" and does not function the same way
18.104.22.168 01:18, 16 November 2011 (UTC)Joe Harner
I play on the PS3 and i bought one yesterday from Maramal. It was enchanted tho and it doesn't seem to work for me. I approached Ysolda and there is no choice to marry her even tho i have done her favor.. Note that i did the favor before i got the amulet. I'm an Imperial Male in the game. Is this a bug or something?
- I saw the Amulet available for sale from Belethor in Whiterun once, though at the time I didn't know the significance of it so I didn't buy it and am unable to confirm if it has the marriage ability on it. 22.214.171.124 18:42, 26 November 2011 (UTC)
- I'm on the PC and im using the loot one, it has both the enchantment and the option to marry.
- I personally never bought the amulet from Maramal, but only got the option for marriage after speaking to him about marriage. So there, problem solved, all amulets of Mara work; just speak to the priest first. --Ijiero 21:41, 29 November 2011 (UTC)
Seeing as how this amulet is relatively important, it might be good to note all its non-random locations. Currently, two are known: one bought from Maramal, and a second in a tent northeast of Dawnstar. This second one is spawned directly in the world, and not in a container, which is why it isn't random like all the others that were posted here before. Please use this discussion to post locations where you found yours, and others can then check the same locations and either confirm or deny it as random loot. --Ijiero 21:58, 29 November 2011 (UTC)
I found one of the northern coast. It was in a tent with 2 bedrolls and flowers and wine in it. It was on one of the bedrolls. Maramal never gave me an option to buy one tho, I talked to him and he told me about marriage but never offered an amulet.. Glitch I suppose.
Bleak Falls Barrow is listed as a "confirmed" location on the Marriage page. I did NOT find one in Bleak Falls Barrow.126.96.36.199 06:28, 3 January 2012 (UTC)Marcus
- You are correct people kept saying Bleak Falls Barrow was a confirmed location for an Amulet of Mara and several of the other Amulets of the Divines which is NOT correct. I have noted that the first chest in the Barrow near the bandit camp seems to have a higher chance to contain one of the Amulets of the Divines but it is not a guaranteed location. Lord Eydvar 17:50, 22 February 2012 (UTC)