Skyrim talk:Ancestor Glade
Shield Appears to be Leveled
The shield mentioned in this article was not Elven, but Glass in my experience with a resist magic effect on it. I propose that this item is a leveled spawn and should be corrected at someone's convenience. Garland the Elder 15:46, 31 July 2012 (UTC)
- Thanks for pointing this out. I've changed the article, but feel free to edit any articles which need improving yourself in the future; since Dawnguard is only available to Xbox users so far, many pages need a lot of work. And if you're not sure about something, someone will catch it later. ABCface◥ 16:43, 31 July 2012 (UTC)
I still need a respawn timer for the glade, as well as someone who took the Vampire's side to go and confirm it respawns Dawnguard instead of Vampires. (I followed Dawnguard, got Vampires) Also, can someone with a PC find the exact locations for the swarms of moths, as well as where the lootable ones spawn. I have located 2 lootable bunches myself, both just over the ridge in the N and SE corners. D521talk 02:08, 3 August 2012 (UTC)
- Update: If sided with Volkihar, Dawnguard do spawn at the start. Generally 2 cbows, 2 melee, and an armored troll. Also I've found 3 bunches of lootable moths to note, the two above and 1 more around the Canticle tree at the highest point. Whispendtalk 14:21, 14 August 2012 (UTC)
- I've played the grove as well (well, died in it) thanks to a "Spriggian Earth Mother" before even attempting to do DG/Vamp storylines, might want that added in... if for no other reason that lower leveled players need not enter... ArcHorizon 08:24, March 26 2013 — Unsigned comment by 22.214.171.124 (talk) at 14:24 on 26 March 2013 (GMT)
Ancestor Moth groups on flora?
I know this is more a quest for the ingredient or creature page, but I just spent 20 minutes combing much of the large cavern, and all I found was more loot on some of the rock altar things. I found a bow, potions, and a greatsword. No dagger with the enchanted shield if found, not even Fireballing the area turned anything up. Anyways, any consistent locations for harvestable Ancestor Moths? The swarms appear to be stationary outside of the related quest.--Playerseekingbugs 03:59, 13 August 2012 (UTC)
- After reentering I found one actual swarm, but that's all.--Playerseekingbugs 04:36, 13 August 2012 (UTC)
- After going here multiple times, I can heavly confirm that there is a leveled enchanted shield, and a leveled dagger at the end of the stream. the bow/sword/etc was most likely dropped by dawnguard/vampire attacks. Also, as far as the moth wings go, there are 2 types of moths in the glade. The swarms that are only used in the quest, and the ones that act like actual moths. the latter, can be found in small ground of 2-3 - generally flying slowly around or landing on the plants around the area. Personally I found them on the two places i listed the first time, and on another save I was only able to find 2 actual harvestable moths. D521talk 04:46, 13 August 2012 (UTC)
- They're there, along with an enhanted helmet at the highest point you can get to with the stairs (that dead-end area across from the entrance to the large cavern, check towards the ledge past a tree where you end up facing a steep cliff as a dead-end to find a stone pile with a gem and helm either on it or in front of it on the ledge.), and some gems and jewelry. Just check each of the clearly artificial stacks of small brick-like stones. Many of them have an item or two on them. I may have gotten an Orcish dagger when I got the shield, but if I did I picked it up by accident when going for the shield. I know the other stuff I listed came from those stone offering altar-things.--Playerseekingbugs 05:05, 13 August 2012 (UTC)
There is a lot more loot here.
Someone commented (not verified) that as you go past the big stone altar there is another altar with loot. This is true, I got a helmet of archery and a gem. That's not all though. At every tree there is an altar close by, I got a sword of dismay, a bow, a gem, a sack of gold and some other loot. There are also some potions near the first tree as you come in. I think there was another altar that had loot not near a tree. Anyway, just thought I would share. — Unsigned comment by Dresden89 (talk • contribs) at 09:07 on 28 January 2013
- On the second altar which is to the right of the first altar and under an overhang i got a gem and steel plate helmet of alteration and that was it. — Unsigned comment by babysister (talk • contribs) at 14:23 on 24 March 2013
- There does seem to be random loot throughout the main cavern, Firstly the mentioned leveled enchanted shield and dagger (curiously I also got elven shield of magic suppression and ebony dagger at lvl 75). Next from the bottom of the river up the stairs, go past 4 flights of stairs and look to the right there is a long thin patch of yellow mountain flowers, and past this you come to a couple of hot springs with a cantile tree behind, on the ground by tree can be found Iron Greatsword of Fatigue. Back to the path and continue following it behind the waterfall, one flight of stairs down and another Cantile tree found in front of you and the path turns sharply to the right and up again. Up one flight of stairs, past a normal fir tree on your left and then also on left is an alter with petty soul gem in a holder, unenchanted necklace, gem and a few gold. In front over bubbling stream another Cantile Tree, and past this is another alter this only had a gem on it. Turning right from the barred gate(as if just entering cavern and following rock wall there isa third alter with a coin purse on it. That's the only treasure I could find, and only listed exactly what was found in case any of it not random/leveled. I have never been here before, so no can be dropped loot from previous fights etc and am here completing Unseen Visions. Hope this helps. Biffa (talk) 20:17, 22 April 2013 (GMT)
I can confirm the bow and the potion that Dresden mentioned. The bow is at an altar at the eastern tip of the map, close to a ledge overlooking the stone square arches. The altar for the potion is also near a ledge over looking the square arches, but this ledge is closer to the northern tip of the main area. Everything else is as Babysitter and Biffa mentioned. — Unsigned comment by 126.96.36.199 (talk) at 05:35 on 11 October 2013
Spriggan Earth Mothers as Guards
I stumbled across Ancestor Glade while out on an unrelated mission and was attacked by two Spriggan Earth Mothers here. My character is only level 18, and I see that these are level 30 enemies. Shouldn't they have spawned as Spriggan Matrons or something more appropriate to my level? I haven't done anything related to the Dawnguard DLC with this character, but I don't remember coming across any Earth Mothers when I was going through the Volkihar Vampire questline with another character and was directed here for the "Unseen Visions" quest. Has anyone else had this happen? If the dungeon level is set at a constant high level, I would think I would remember fighting these before.
So, are they put there as guards, to keep you from nosing around quest areas before you get the quests, and then removed when you receive the associated quest? If anyone has an answer, that would be great, but otherwise, I'd like to hear from people, if you've been here, whether you ran into these high-level enemies at much lower levels, and also whether the "Unseen Visions" quest was active at the time. Thanks!
188.8.131.52 15:19, 11 May 2013 (GMT)