Skyrim talk:Arch-Mage's Quarters
 Garden Regrowth
(PC, v1.1 and 1.2)
The Garden items do not regrow and the inventory (soul gems, alchemy components and all the other rubbish lying around) do not respawn anymore once you've completed the Mages College quests to become the new Arch Mage. the garden and strewn-about stuff do return regularly when it's not your room yet, which is probably why it's listed wrongly.
Unless someone can provide some proof that the garden regrows when the room is yours on any platform, this text will need to be changed. — Unsigned comment by 18.104.22.168 (talk) at 10:04 on 5 December 2011
- I'd be curious to know the interval the above person waited before re-entering the room since a respawn will not happen unless you do not enter this room for 30+ days. If you are using the room as a house and re-enter every couple of days to drop off items then you'll probably never see a re-spawn since (I think) you're resetting the timer to zero each time you enter. The garden and soul gems in the room will absolutely not respawn until you never enter the room for 30+ ingame days (I believe). 22.214.171.124 20:27, 28 December 2011 (UTC)
- Garden regrown, soul gems, alchemy ingredients etc. all respawned eventually on Xbox. Unsure of duration, but definitely cleared everything (a while ago), and last night it was all back. (all after becoming Arch-Mage) — Unsigned comment by 126.96.36.199 (talk) at 21:31 on 10 December 2011
- I think things respawn (generally) only if player does NOT visit the location in question for quite some time. I may be wrong though. 188.8.131.52 11:51, 19 December 2011 (UTC)
- on PS3 all objects respawn and the garden regrows after 30 days. If you exit and then reenter, or save and reload, however, the garden will be picked (all other objects remain). I think therefore that respawning occurs on all platforms, but at least on the PS3 the garden is glitched. 184.108.40.206 17:31, 15 January 2012 (UTC)
- On xbox I am running a test on some tundra cotton I pulled from the garden since I can find it anywhere and I had not been back in a week in game and still no respawn. 220.127.116.11
 Garden regrows on PC
- Had it regrow too after about 45 in-game days along with the shelved items respawning. Kalbintion 07:05, 12 December 2011 (UTC)
- I also tested 31 days of never returning to the cell and Everything that wasn't in a container respawned, with the exception of the Stone of Barenziah. I also left Lydia in the cell for the duration, leading to her going back to breezehome. Also, the door reset to needing to be unlocked with a key. I think we should mark it as "Respawning all non-container items after 30 consecutive days of never entering the cell."
- EDIT: I observed the following as well: You can use "set timescale to x" to pass 30 days, but you may need to save the game and reload it before entering the cell. An object that is moved, but not picked up, will go back to its original position instead of respawning. Items taken then dropped again (even after enchanting them) in the room will respawn and the dropped instance will also remain. Other or Stolen objects dropped in the cell also remain. If you place new objects where old ones were, the placed objects will still be there, and the respawning ones will have respawned on top of them, and the physics will act on them appropriately. So it is totally safe to put anything in here, and moved items without picking them up first will just reset over anything which has taken their places.Zaybertamer 03:53, 29 December 2011 (UTC)
 Regrowth on 360
I just checked on my garden and it had grown back, though it may have been at least an in-game month. Eagle301 06:40, 13 December 2011 (UTC)
- EDIT: Hashed it out. Everything grew back and all the potions, ingredients, and soul gems respawned after 30 days of staying outside the "Arch-Mage's Quarters" cell. When I tried stepping in on Day 29 and waiting a day, it didn't respawn for day 30. It also didn't work when I stepped in and out on Day 29 and waited just outside the door to the roof for day 30. If anyone feels the need to ask, no, the Unusual Gem did not respawn. It could be that it's not a flat don't-enter-this-room-for-30-days, but I didn't feel like waiting another potential month at the time. Eagle301 08:03, 13 December 2011 (UTC)
- Collected everything, went to roof, waited for 31 days, went back in — nothing re-grew. Reloaded save right before going back in — this time, went to whiterun, slept a few more days, went back, everything had re-grown/re-spawned. So it's either more than 31 days, or you need to go further away than just the roof, or you need to sleep... — Unsigned comment by 18.104.22.168 (talk) at 00:36 on 17 August 2012
 Container safety
Anyone check to see if any or all of the containers are safe? I just put the Staff of Magus in the long chest across from the bed and I'm crossing my fingers. I also dropped the Arch-Mages robes into the safe nearby. --Tiger8u2 03:21, 26 December 2011 (UTC)
- If you are the room's owner (from the quests) then loose items in the room seem to respawn after 30 days of never entering the room, but the containers do not seem to respawn and destroy your items. I tested this very thoroughly.
- I tried a bunch of scenarios to see what respawns and regrows here and what doesn't on PC version 22.214.171.124 after becoming the owner after the quests.
- I'm assuming that people who say that things do not regrow/respawn are not actually staying away from this location long enough or there are platform or version differences. I did some experiments to find out.
- This is how I tested it. I put my own unique items in all 21 containers in the room. I tested all the following containers. The ones on the outside wall (clockwise from the entrance) 1) large sack, 2) barrel, 3) barrel, 4) large sack, 5) barrel (in back), 6) barrel (in front), 7) sack left side of bookcase, 8) top sack in stack, 9) middle sack in stack, 10) bottom sack in stack, 11) large sack, 12) wardrobe, 13) tall wardrobe, 14) wardrobe. In the center wall of the room: 15) barrel, 16) large sack, 17) small sack, 18) small sack, 19) small sack, 20) safe, 21) chest by wall at foot of bed.
- I also harvested all the plants and took the things in display cases and the soul gems on the shelves.
- Then I saved my game.
- Then I slept 24 hours, 35+ times (sleeping in the bed in this room). Absolutely nothing respawned when I stayed in the room.
- Then I reloaded the saved game and went to breezehome in whiterun and slept 24 hours, 35+ times. When I went back to the Arch-mage's quarters, the plants had all regrown and the things in display cases and soul gems on the shelves were all back. When I checked all 21 containers listed above, they all still contained the unique things I'd put into them so they don't appear to respawn and wipe out the player's items.
- Just to be sure, I went out on the upstairs patio and did the console command "set timescale to 10000" while I was there. Then I ignored the game for a half hour or so and then came back and checked the in-game date. 6 months or so had passed in the game because of the accelerated timescale. I set the timescale back to 20 and went into the room and checked. Loose items had respawned but things in containers were still there.
- I believe the respawning mechanism of Skyrim works like so: 1) items have a respawn period set. 2) When the player enters a cell for the first time, things all spawn in their places. 3) An in-world timestamp is set for the cell, probably based on the exit time of the player from the cell. 4) When the player re-enters a cell, things that are set to respawn only respawn if the difference in timestamps between the player's last exit and their current entry time is greater than the respawn interval (like 30 in-game days).
- So I wouldn't be very surprised if the people saying nothing ever respawns are not waiting long enough before re-entering the room.126.96.36.199 19:57, 28 December 2011 (UTC)
 Moved from article
- Available as a house upon completing The Eye of Magnus. However, it will not count toward your "House Owned" statistic.
- Then it's not really a house, is it now?
- Also contains a low-level enchanted pair of boots.
- Can we get some verification/information on where they are?
- After 30 days all of the plants in the garden regrow after being harvested and the ingredients on the shelves as well as the soul gems also respawn.
- Not only is this a grammatical wreck, but it kind of goes without saying; Every plant but nirnroot regrows, and alchemical ingredients/soul gems on the shelves of alchemy stores also respawn. ThuumofReason 17:38, 15 January 2012 (UTC)
- On the right side of the bed are two cupboards and one wardrobe. The enchanted boots are standing on top of the left cupboard. The are simply called "Boots" in the German version (actually Stiefel). The boots have the editor ID ClothesMGBootsArchmage and give 40% shock resistance. --Killfetzer 20:27, 15 January 2012 (UTC)
- Arch-Mage's Boots, Increases Shock Resistance by 40%. After completing the College questline and becoming Arch-Mage, they are on top of the first wardrobe to the immediate right of the bed. 188.8.131.52 00:54, 2 April 2012 (UTC)
 Arch-Mage's quarters
 Archmage's Boots
It may be worth mentioning that the boots with the 40% Resist Shock become the player's property after acquiring the rank of archmage. 184.108.40.206 19:43, 27 March 2012 (UTC)
Quick question; do you know if the A-M Qs function like other houses in the game, in that you can move spouses into them? I've heard not, but I thought I'd check. — Unsigned comment by 220.127.116.11 (talk) at 21:23 on 18 August 2012
- No.I do not believe so.--Skyrimplayer 21:43, 18 August 2012 (UTC)
 Safe Containers
Can someone confirm that the container's are indeed safe. The previous talk articles were Anons and no one seems to have been able to actually answer this question. We know that the items just sitting in the room as well as the plants respawn every 30 days. Lord Eydvar Talk | Contribs 05:11, 20 October 2012 (GMT)
- They're safe. Although they have the same in-gamename as the generic versions of containers that reset, using the Creation Kit you can find the containers and they are actually different from the generic ones and the flag for resetting is unchecked. The cell however doesn't have resetting disabled (probably to allow the garden to regrow) so anything left out in the open will disappear when the cell eventually resets --DagmarH (talk) 05:07, 24 January 2013 (GMT)
 Unusual Gem
It took me a while to find out what this thing is. It's not listed on the "Gems" page (go figure). Found it via search. Never occurred to me to look under "other quest items". Perhaps a note mentioning the gem with a link to its page would be helpful. I realize there are 23 more gems (in 23 other places)... Thanks for letting me rant. --Dilavni (talk) 22:59, 29 November 2012 (GMT)