Skyrim talk:Arniel's Shade
 XP for Casting
Do you get XP for casting this in a battle? Just wondering if I could alternate this with conjure dremora lord to powerlevel. Cast dremora lord until magicka runs out, then swith to Arniel's shade while magicka regens. — Unsigned comment by 18.104.22.168 (talk) at 19:35 on 22 November 2011
- How have you been casting an NPC? This is an NPC page not a spell (or spell effect) page. You must cast a conjuration spell in battle for you to gain XP from it, walking round casting it doesn't work anymore. --Kiz ·•· Talk ·•· Contribs ·•· Mail ·•· 19:42, 22 November 2011 (UTC)
- This is a spell that (I think) summons an NPC of the same name. I think the page should be changed to be more like a spell page, while having a section about the NPC. Two separate pages would probably be unnecessary. Chris3145 16:05, 5 December 2011 (UTC)
- Nevermind. The spell is called Summon Arniel's Shade. Chris3145 22:58, 5 December 2011 (UTC)
- Conjuration spells share a single page. This seems like a good enough place to discuss the spell that conjures Arniel's Shade. I wonder if Kiz is trolling. Biggus1 05:22, 1 May 2012 (UTC)
 Lasts longer than 60 seconds with Conjuration Dual Casting perk
Although this takes both spell slots, it can still be single cast. The dual-cast version lasts longer than the single-cast if you have the Conjuration Dual Casting perk. Biggus1 05:17, 1 May 2012 (UTC)
- I don't think this spell can be duel cast, it already takes up both hands like the thrall spells, which also can't be duel cast. Artemis Entreri 04:18, 15 July 2012 (UTC)
- It appears on both hands, however you can cast it single handed or double handed. It's a one of a kind spell.KingK 13:20, 15 July 2012 (UTC)
 Seen walking around.
I have seen Arniel's Shade walking around and was wondering if it is a glitch or is meant to happen I tried seeing if it was because I had the spell active by casting it and it did not make the other vanish also I am able to interact with the one I found he asks multiple things such as;
"You want something from me?"
"May I help you, Arch-Mage?"
I have followed him walking through Whiterun as well as tried hitting him with many things (mostly spells) and nothing happens just wondering what is going on that's all. — Unsigned comment by Robspy95 (talk • contribs) at 15:23 on 6 June 2012
- Yes this is a glitch that occurs with summons, it can be recreated by summoning something and fast travelling before it actually appears.KingK 19:22, 12 July 2012 (UTC)
 It's not moaning in pain.
I followed him in a longer fight. It's the same sounds that zombies make when you reanimate them. General moaning when he's not doing anything (frequently enough so it quickly becomes annoying), and groans of "Must... Kill..." when engaged with enemies. 22.214.171.124
 Combat Behavior
So what exactly does Arniel's Shade do in combat? It says his primary skills are Destruction, Illusion, One-Handed, and Heavy Armor, but does he actually cast spells and if so, what spells?--Anil (talk) 14:27, 10 September 2012 (EDT)