Skyrim talk:Battle for Whiterun (Stormcloaks)
 Moved Note
- Once inside if you go up to Jorrvaskr and to where the Underforge would be you find missing ground. You can jump up to a chest containing armor, weapons, gold, and smithing materials.
- This chest actually contains the contents of the shopkeeper who can be found at the Skyforge.
I moved this because it is rather incomprehensible to me. (Eddie The Head 10:56, 24 November 2011 (UTC))
 Missing info
The quest target name for this quest is CWSiegeobj. Please update the page.I will not because I can never get the formatting right on a wiki. --Jfmherokiller 21:43, 25 November 2011 (UTC)
- thanks, ill add it now. (Eddie The Head 02:34, 26 November 2011 (UTC))
 Need quest stages
Hi, I need the quest stages to bypass this quest because for some reason I can enter the doors to whiterun. "setstage CWSiegeobj ????" BTW Im on stormcloaks. Thanks — Unsigned comment by 184.108.40.206 (talk) at 21:56 on 28 November 2011
 Catapult / Fireball bug
During and after completing this quest, the fields outsite Whiterun have a few dozen fireballs frozen in mid-air as they are about to hit the ground. I've tried waiting 72 hours indoors to reset the grids, but they just won't disappear. Is there a way to get rid of them? Image — Unsigned comment by 220.127.116.11 (talk) at 08:01 on 1 December 2011
 Premature ending quest
It was midnight when I had given back Ulfric's waraxe and he decided to march on Whiterun. So when I was supposed to fight along, I thought they would fight in the morning, so I had to find a place to sleep near Whiterun as to not be too late for the battle (just roleplaying here), so I went in Whiterun's direction while trying to find a bed, but ended up at Whiterun itself in the end. A dragon suddenly showed up while I was at the wall and I think that's when the quest suddenly ended. My journal then told me to report to Ulfric, quest named Liberation of Skyrim. The next morning I even spoke to Jarl Balgruuf about why he took the Empire's side. The old Battle-Born guy bumped into me saying he hoped the Legion would send reinforcements to get rid of the Stormcloaks. What happened here? The article states there should've been signs of an attack etc. Has anyone else experienced this before? I'm just going to reload ~ Dwarfmp 21:19, 4 December 2011 (UTC)
 Effects on the Main Quest?
Out of curiosity, if you had chosen to join the Stormcloaks right away, rather than move to the main quest, how would this affect you? Since the Jarl is replaced, would you need to talk to the new Jarl to begin the quest, or would you have permanently screwed yourself out of the main questline? 18.104.22.168 13:21, 5 December 2011 (UTC)
- >>I had the Bleak Falls Barrow quest in my journal, but hadn't retrieved the Dragonstone yet. The Jarl wouldn't give me an answer after I brought him Ulfric's war axe until I solved his "dragon problem", forcing me to proceed with the main quest line. I'm not sure you can avoid starting the main quest line at all, tbh.--22.214.171.124 02:45, 22 December 2011 (UTC)
 after the quest
- It'll mainly be the same, with a bit of new dialogue. (Eddie The Head 08:15, 7 December 2011 (UTC))
 Possible bug
(Xbox 360) After defeating the Jarl and achieving his surrender Vignar Grey-Mane may not approach the Jarl. The quest objective, Accept Balgruuf the Greater's surrender, is considered incomplete. Even after leaving Dragonsreach and Whiterun multiple times the Jarl wasn't able to offer his surrender. I was forced to load from an earlier save to complete this quest. (After trying this again, i didn't hit the Jarl at all, instead I let my Stormcloak allies defeat him and he finally talked to me.) — Unsigned comment by 126.96.36.199 (talk) on 16 december 2011
- (Xbox 360) I used a Blizzard scroll when defeating Jarl Balgruuf and I also could not accept Balgruuf's surrender (Vignar Grey-Mane did not approach the Jarl). So now my Whiterun has neither a Jarl nor a steward. Also, I had just bought the house in Whiterun - I now own it with no upgrades and without a steward, I have no opportunity to buy any. 188.8.131.52 21:52, 26 December 2011 (UTC)keithaugust
- Solution: When the stuborn Jarl doesnt surrender. wait till a new stormcloak guard comes in. When you are in hes line of site attack the jarl until you get a bounty. This will activate the quest. you can watch the story from the dialoge menu with the guard when you surrender.
- Tested it on ps3 and xbox always works Gino Sergio — Unsigned comment by 184.108.40.206 (talk) at 00:44 on 8 June 2012
 breezehome locked
i found that my house was locked after the battle as well . left my key inside . will go back to saved game to see if having key will open it and if i loose my house carl . 220.127.116.11 00:27, 9 January 2012 (UTC)
- I noticed the same thing, so I just went in via console. Everything you left in breezehome, provided you own it, is still there. Upgrades, Housecarl, spouse, stuff in the chests, on the bookshelves, everything is there.
- Alternatively, you can leave it as is and report to Ulfric, then come back, and it will be unlocked again. Schiffy (talk) 01:30, 28 September 2012 (GMT)
- Also, if you don't destroy a barricade during the fight, your sword will have no effect on it after you get the Jarl to surrender. I assume they go away as Whiterun returns to normal but did not test.— Unsigned comment by Lockestep (talk • contribs) at 22:13 on 23 February 2012
 Drunken Huntsman
In current game he remains closed even though the other shops are back to normal. Anyone seen this? I also have the Companions glitch, but had completed the quest and do not have a current Animal Extinction quest. — Unsigned comment by Lockestep (talk • contribs) at 12:16 on 23 February 2012
 Bounty bug
|This has been marked as a question that needs to be answered.|
I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who ran into this; if you kill the whiterun guards, you'll get a 1000 bounty; and if you kill the imperials after killing the guards, it'll add onto the bounty. — Unsigned comment by 18.104.22.168 (talk) on 20 March 2012
- The only good news is that after you complete the quest your bounty in that hold is reset to 0. --2dum2live 13:44, 30 June 2012 (UTC)
- Related, I have two Aliki'r standing inside whiterun gates. When attacking the city, I got 1000 bounty to eastmarch when killing them, not to whiterun. Stormcloack soldiers will help me when those aliki'r turn hostile, but galmar starts hating me and tries to slice me with his axe. 22.214.171.124 20:41, 16 August 2012 (UTC)
 Imperial Soldiers aren't wearing any armor!
I just started a new game recently, and once I got to this quest, none of the Imperials had any armor. All of the Whiterun guards did, as well as my fellow Stormcloaks, but the Imperial soldiers were clothed in naught but their skin. I'll probably have to go into the CK to find out why, it could be possible that one of my mods is causing it, but I'm not sure which. It might even be the USKP, I'll try disabling that to see why. It doesn't really affect anything, its just weird that I've got nude Imperials running around. They still have their weapons, but not a single piece of armor or clothing. 126.96.36.199 03:46, 5 June 2012 (UTC)
EDIT: Ok, apparently some of the nude soldiers were Whiterun guards, and some of the Imperials still had their armor. Noticeably, once I got closer to the gates, they all started wearing armor, after I disabled USKP, so I'm guessing that was the reason why. 188.8.131.52 04:07, 5 June 2012 (UTC)
 Destroying barriers
In this article, as well as others, it is stated that it takes 3 blows to destroy a wooden barrier. However, in my experience, this number varies, depending on the weapon be wielded. My enchanted dragonbone (modded) sword will destroy them in one shot, while a steel dagger takes 5. This implies, IMO, that these barriers have a health value. Can somebody verify this? --Xyzzy 16:03, 10 June 2012 (UTC)
I know that the imperial soldiers at the drawbridge respawn as you kill them, but do you troops respawn as they die, because I had started training my skills, just letting the fighting go on around me, not dropping the drawbridge, and suddenly I realized all of my own men were dead!I kept fighting, thinking that they would respawn in a few seconds, but after about 10 minutes it was still me and galmar. I reloaded and did the same thing, but my own men kept coming back, so that was fine. I re did the quest a few times and 4 in 10 times none of the stormcloaks respawned, galmar was on the floor, so I had to do the quest all by myself. Emzi43 17:44, 12 June 2012 (UTC)
 I just killed Ulfric Stormcloak
my questline is telling me to report to the jarl of whiterun..but when i speak to him hes only giving me these speach options: "why do you think ulfric killed the high king".."how can you protect whiterun from the dragons"..." why side with the empire"... and "what will it take to end the war". its like hes not recognizing that ive already killed ulfric. ive reset the game and waited 72 hours. did i miss something? — Unsigned comment by Littlemisskris (talk • contribs) at 17:41 on 28 June 2012
 Soldiers wouldn't spawn!!
I went in and started leveling my archery. Letting the battle go on around me. Not dropping the drawbridge or anything. The soldiers were supposed to be spawning but they were being killed off and werent respawning. I tried waiting 48 hours but it didnt do anything. is there anything i can do to make them continue spawning??!! i play on xbox