- 1 No Clothes
- 2 How long does it take for the Courier to appear?
- 3 Can appear pretty much anywhere "outside"?
- 4 Courier Being a Random Encounter on Roads
- 5 Loss of Courier Service
- 6 edda
- 7 Thugs
- 8 Courier tanning hides?
- 9 The Courier froze me
- 10 skyrim trying to join dark brother hood
- 11 Which race is the default courier?
- 12 Wrong RefID for default Courier?
- 13 No items bug?
- 14 What the heck?
has anyone else had the courier show up without any clothes on? It was in Whiterun, and i got a letter from Calcelmo. --Halfstache 00:05, 24 November 2011 (UTC)
- Yes, it happens to me too! Also in Whiterun. It also seems my courier isn't a Dunmer as the article says. He looked like an Imperial, or a Breton. Difficult to say, but maybe the character is random? -Kote 13:02, 24 November 2011 (UTC).
- I was in Morthal. Wasn't looking at the screen when he started talking, when I looked up I almost choked on my drink. Another one of Bethesda's hilarious bugs, I guess. My letter was just a random word wall quest.
- I have seen bandits and guards without and clothes on too. I would assume this is a bug. Kimi the Elf 16:43, 26 December 2011 (UTC)
- Nope, I found the solution! I noticed that there are two different version of the same clothes; one with an hood, and one without. However, when a courier (or any random npc) wears a hood with the hooded variant, they simply unequip it. This is why you can sometimes see couriers and dead people naked with a hood. Elakyn 23:33, 6 January 2012 (UTC)
- I met him naked too, outside whiterun, thing is, he was still wearing his cap. (Eddie The Head 06:02, 7 January 2012 (UTC))
How long does it take for the Courier to appear?
I have been waiting like 10 in game days and I still haven't received my note from the Courier saying I can remarry.... The courier delivered the message to me before, but i reloaded a save. Any ideas? --Slyspy70 01:59, 27 November 2011 (UTC)
- I don't think you can remarry. Kimi the Elf 15:25, 26 December 2011 (UTC)
Can appear pretty much anywhere "outside"?
The article says he can appear anywhere in Skyrim, but I think it is more accurate to say anywhere (or almost anywhere?) that is outside of an "interior" zone. Does anyone have more information on this? Also, what is meant by "generic" NPC? If a given player always has one Courier, isn't he a "specific" NPC? --Jreynolds2Talk 05:59, 7 January 2012 (UTC)
Courier Being a Random Encounter on Roads
I am pretty sure(as this has happened to me multiple times) that you can randomly run into a courier in the exterior zones as a random encounter, and if you kill/pickpocket him he has a courier's letter that lists a location which is then added to your map as an untraveled to location. I also believe that killing him does not affect the courier system in the game at all. Can anybody verify this? 188.8.131.52 16:50, 7 January 2012 (UTC)Grr51
True, If he doesn't approach you, EXACTLY what you described happens. And I think he respawns or there are more than one. TheN 20:45, 7 January 2012 (UTC)
Loss of Courier Service
After getting regular visits from couriers throughout the game, I seem to have lost this service completely and haven't seen a courier in many days, even though I should have. Is it possible for the courier to be killed on the road and not respawn? Is there a console trick to finding or re-enabling the courier so I can start getting my messages again? Wordmama 23:43, 22 January 2012 (UTC)
- Me again -- he's back now. Either he did respawn eventually or I just wasn't doing whatever he wanted to make the courier service start up again. Sorry for the interruption. Wordmama 15:53, 24 January 2012 (UTC)
- You can inherit from several NPCs, if you've done a favor for them, it's not unique to Edda. See Skyrim:Letter of Inheritance. --Alfwyn 22:15, 30 January 2012 (UTC)
- This is not unique to the courier, it can happen with almost any NPC in the game. See this page for information about the hired thugs and their related "quests". — ABCface◥ 03:46, 1 October 2012 (GMT)
Courier tanning hides?
I don't know if this was just a glitch but after a courier brought a letter to me at Lakeview Manor I found him kneeling at the outdoor rack, tanning some hides! 184.108.40.206 22:07, 22 June 2013 (GMT)dwmarch
The Courier froze me
I got off my horse and he approached me from behind almost immediately. I didn't even see him there when I just discovered Shor's stone. After he gave me a letter for another word wall location, I couldn't move. I was stuck motionless, I am playing on PS3 and the analog used to move my character(Left Stick) is controlling the camera and the right stick does nothing. Fortunately jumping solves this. — Unsigned comment by ThierryJohn001 (talk • contribs) at 02:28 on 26 July 2013
skyrim trying to join dark brother hood
killed courier for the note of the hand and didnt collect the not
- You don't need the note, you only need to sleep. Silence is GoldenBreak the Silence 01:29, 17 October 2013 (GMT)
Which race is the default courier?
And where exactly would the other ones be found, because I've only ever found the default one.220.127.116.11 10:18, 4 January 2014 (GMT)
- The other ones are found during the "Courier Delivering an Important Message" wilderness encounter. The one that appears in the towns to deliver items is the Nord. Silence is GoldenBreak the Silence 02:29, 5 January 2014 (GMT)
Wrong RefID for default Courier?
It says 00039FB9, but in my case it is 00039FB7. Looked it up here.
- Fixed, the previous was a dead courier ref. Silence is GoldenBreak the Silence 16:09, 30 March 2014 (GMT)
No items bug?
My sister seems to have found a bug not listed here. She is playing this on PS3, and the only DLC we have is Hearthfire.
She's Thane of Whiterun, but that's all. She hasn't killed Grelod, and she has no houses. She has not joined any factions. She has not shouted in a town lately.
A courier came up to her in Winterhold, and told her he had something to deliver, "your eyes only." The screen said "Item(s) added," but she has no letters in her inventory. Yes, she's sure; there are only four items there, so she's not overlooking it. If she tries to pickpocket the courier, he has no items.
I've googled and found other people with this bug, but no solutions. Someone will suggest something, but the person with the bug never comes back to say if it worked, so I can't vouch for its effectiveness. 18.104.22.168 20:43, 25 July 2015 (UTC)
What the heck?
- Okay, this is something of a long story. I was in Whiterun one day when I noticed the Courier's corpse, nude, just laying there! His clothes were in his inventory, so it wasn't a lack of clothes glitch. But then things got REALLY weird. I went to Riften and it became apparent that the courier was STALKING :ME. He's showed up in most all the settlements I've visited since. Always dead. Always nude. I've since dubbed him 'Dead naked courier stalker,' but, WHAT THE HECK?!? 22.214.171.124 08:47, 28 November 2015 (UTC)