Skyrim talk:Dark Brotherhood Assassin's Note
Does anyone know why someone has hired the DB to assassinate the player? I had an Assassin come right after I Escaped during Skyrim:Diplomatic Immunity.
- It was me. No hard feelings, right? Anyways, I encountered my 2nd assassin, both were dual wielding female kajith, both had the same note. --220.127.116.11 21:44, 18 November 2011 (UTC)
I got a DB Assassin come after me a few in-game days after Skyrim: Lights Out!- Unregistered
- I've had a few assassins come after me for who knows what. A few varieties too. The coolest was a Dual Wielding Khajiit. Haven't seen any since I started down the DB questline though.--Bwross 10:39, 18 December 2011 (UTC)
This can apparently happen for no reason, and in fact seems to be one of several things triggered the more you don't engage in the quests. On characters that engaged in the main story or even many quests but avoided the main story, I never had an assassin or Thalmer hit squad sent after me. On a character that has avoided all quests, never committed a crime, and really was just to see if I could do hunting and gathering and even avoid dungeons, I have had all of these come after me. Either it's a bug or the designers actually put in code to have these thugs attack you for refusing to play the quest content. — Unsigned comment by 18.104.22.168 (talk) on January 8, 2012 14:18
 Reasons why the Brotherhood may be after you
- You killed someone in a town, and got away with it with witnesses via paying off guards.
- Someone wants you dead for prying into their business (Esbern specifically does this)
Ravage 19:29, 1 January 2012 (UTC)
- As covered on the actual Assassin page, this is simply a random event, the only pre-requisite of which is being over level 5. It stops being a possible encounter after you join/destroy the DB. Ess-Tee 15:14, 20 May 2012 (UTC)