Dawnstar seems to attract Dragons. Every time I fast-travel, one just spawns near the city. Is it something that only happens to me, or somebody else has the same dragon-pattern? — Unsigned comment by 18.104.22.168 (talk) at 04:37 on 2 December 2011
- Ya, There is a dragon spawn point near by. I see one almost every time I go there. --Ohnoitsmangofett 06:49, 7 December 2011 (UTC)
 Respawning Loot Chest and Dragons
According to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vPwYB8bCnc, being outside of Dawnstar for 10 ingame days will cause the loot chest to refill and the dragon attacking the town to respawn.Vodkaholic 01:15, 6 December 2011 (UTC)
- I have some info about the chest. It is somehow connected to the player as I found an old bow inside of it that I had favorited before before I sold, and it was still favorited when I found it.However, I'm not sure what the connection is and how the bow got there. --Ohnoitsmangofett 06:47, 7 December 2011 (UTC)
- A bunch of people on GameFAQs have confirmed that it belongs to Ahkari when they realized the chest respawns whenever her trade caravan restocks and that the chest's contents were identical with her inventory; this would probably explain why the bow was still favorited, along with the loot changing dependent on the player's level. Normally chests containing a merchant's inventory are hidden inside walls or under the ground to prevent exploits like this, but it looks like Bethesda put this chest close enough to the surface for a player to access.--22.214.171.124 15:58, 7 December 2011 (UTC)
- This is just a long shot in the dark, but if this chest does indeed belong to the trade caravan, does the Investor (Not sure if you can invest, haven't tested yet) and Master Trader perks affect the amount of gold in the chest? I cannot yet test this out, as my level 70 char with 100 speech was deleted due to daedric bugs... --Mikeyy 11:27, 17 January 2012 (UTC)
Seems the glitch(?) Does indeed tie in with her inventory. That being said you can save your game in front of her, kill her, reload and go collect instantly. I've done this on xbox only but I'm sure it'll work on ps3 and pc. Also, if you start Kharjo's quest (one of her bodyguards) to retrieve his Moon Amulet, you can have a constant quest marker to identify the caravan's location all over skyrim. Simply retrieve his amulet and never give it to him.
 Needs Disambiguation Tool?
I don't yet know enough about the system to make an informed recommendation on this topic, but searching for "Dawnstar" leads to the wiki page for Dawnstar, the game. I guess enough Skyrim players will want to search for the town and be able to find it more quickly. If there is another place to post suggestions like this, please let me know. I'll put this page on my watchlist. Jreynolds2 05:06, 25 December 2011 (UTC)
- Done. elliot (talk) 05:27, 25 December 2011 (UTC)
- Great Elliot. I think that's going to be helpful to users. Thanks! Jreynolds2 02:34, 27 December 2011 (UTC)
 Is Windpeak Inn cursed?
I hired a room and slept for 9 hours. I got the Rested message but when I woke my Health had been reduced from 250 to 165. I tried sleeping using the PC Bedroll mod and got the same result but waiting did not affect Health. No message came up and there didn't seem to be any way to recover - Cure Disease didn't work anyway nor did waiting two days, eating or drinking. Is this a bug, something to do with a mod I'm using or part of the nightmare curse? Any information welcome but I'm not going to sleep there again.126.96.36.199 22:42, 13 April 2012 (UTC)
- The nightmare thing doesn't affect travelers. I have never had any problems sleeping in Windpeak Inn. — Kimi the Elf (talk | contribs) 00:10, 14 April 2012 (UTC)
 Character Added in Dawnguard
I'm incredibly new at editing (I joined solely to edit a couple of grammatically awkward sentences I saw, so I have no idea how to appropriately add this to the page itself), so I thought I'd mention that Dawnguard adds a boatman to Dawnstar. His name is Harlaug and the player can hire him to take them to Solitude or Windhelm for 50 gold and he can take the player to Volkihar castle (technically he drops the player off at Icewater Jetty so the player will have to use the boat they first used to get to the castle again) for 500 gold. He sits on his boat just northwest of Silus Vesius's House (the house that becomes the Mythic Dawn museum). There's also a boatman name Gort at Windhelm's docks and one named Jolf at Solitude's docks. All boatmen can go to Volkihar castle (for 500 gold) and it costs 50 gold to go to any of the other destinations.
Vacu 03:05, 30 June 2012 (UTC)