Skyrim talk:Dawnstar Sanctuary
 Safe Containers?
 Torture Victims
Do they respawn? SneakyPenguin77 (also my Gamertag) 05:56, 11 December 2011 (UTC)
- Not as far as I can tell. I wasn't sure how to get the treasure out of them, so I ended up killing one before I realized how to get the treasure locations, so I found 3/4 of them. It has been a month or two since I killed them, and yet they have not respawned, so it is unlikely that they ever will. May be a bug, not sure. --Pey10con 19:37, 3 January 2012 (UTC)
- Just in case anyone is wondering before they start torturing and end up killing their victims on accident... you spam the talk/use key until they break. Unfortunately, the game label is talk not torture so it's a bit misleading. 220.127.116.11 21:38, 15 January 2012 (UTC)
- Should the torture victims be listed on the "residents" list on the page? It's sort of true, in a macabre sort of way. --VergilSparda 01:24, 6 April 2012 (UTC)
 Master Bedroom
I purchased all of the upgrades, but now I can't get into the master bedroom. Is there a switch or something because i looked on the map and there is a passage, but when all that is in the hallway is a brick wall. Thanks. — Unsigned comment by 18.104.22.168 (talk) at 20:06 on 20 December 2011 (UTC)
- response: this is probably just an unrepeatable fluke as there is a brick wall where your room should be before you purchase upgrades the was probably just a fluke when you purchased the upgrade where the game glitched and forgot to delete the wall just restart your game and load a save before you bought the upgrades — Unsigned comment by 22.214.171.124 (talk) at 22:21 on 5 January 2012 (UTC)
 Marked Location before DB quests started?
- Citizens of Dawnstar have rumors about the black door to the north of their city. Hearing that rumor should mark the sanctuary's location on your map. --timrem 11:25, 11 February 2012 (UTC)
I decided not to kill the ghostly sanctuary guardians during the quest, since they're really just doing their job for the Brotherhood. Now that we've reclaimed the sanctuary, the guardians are still there, and still hostile. Anyone know a mod / console commands to make them recognize the Brotherhood and me as friendly? --timrem 11:25, 11 February 2012 (UTC)
- Nope, gonna have to kill them all, unless you want to select every single one of them and use the console to put them in a class that's friendly to you. Would be much simpler to kill them, since they're already dead anyway. Vyc Ðarkshådøw 23:15, 22 March 2012 (UTC)
 Secret Entrance?
Bought the upgrades for the Dawnstar Sanctuary, but can't find the secret entrance outside Dawnstar. It's supposed to be just outside Dawnstar, near the main road. I'm told it's very close to your fast-travel location to Dawnstar. I also know it exists in my game because a guard in Dawnstar made a mention of it. However, after over half an hour of searching, i've found nothing. Anyone have a more precise location of where it is? Vyc Ðarkshådøw 23:36, 22 March 2012 (UTC)
- I think its just left of where you spawn if you fast travel to Dawnstar. If you still cant find it go into the Sanctuary and exit using the secret entrance. — Kimi the Elf (talk | contribs) 23:58, 22 March 2012 (UTC)
- I wasn't too far away, then. I was looking on the wrong side of the rock for the sewer grate. I got it now...should've posted this reply 2 months ago.Vyc Ðarkshådøw 17:16, 23 June 2012 (UTC)
 Pull Chain
After fully upgrading the sanctuary, I noticed that, on the wal by the stairs near the torture room and where Nazir sits, there's a pull chain. I have activated it multiple times, but I can't figure out what it does. Does anyone know? Schiffy (talk) 18:07, 22 October 2012 (GMT)
- It lowers some spikes that blocked a quick end to the Cicero chase quest. Silence is GoldenBreak the Silence 18:10, 22 October 2012 (GMT)
 Entry Bug
I have tried to enter the Dawnstar Sanctuary (on my 4th Dark Brotherhood Forever quest) and it crashes every time I try to enter. It's really strange. the icon for the Nightmother is not actually in the Sanctuary itself, but the icon for receiving the next contract location; i.e. The Nightmother, is between the Windward Ruins and Dawnstar. When I fast travel to Dawnstar the location reverts back to the Sanctuary and every time I try to enter, the game crashes! Any information on curing this would be greatly helpful :D. — Unsigned comment by 126.96.36.199 (talk) at 00:43 on February 4, 2013
 Shrouded apparel
In the master bedroom when I Try to take the worn shrouded boots, cowl and gloves they disappear but the worn shrouded robes become normal shrouded robes but atleast appear in my inventory.
Also the male initiate did not appear until I stayed away for a month game time. And yes I looked extensively, entered and exited both entries, waited in and out of the sanctuary for a bunch of 24 hour periods. — Unsigned comment by 188.8.131.52 (talk) at 08:04 on 13 February 2013
 Dead end hallway
I have fully upgraded the dawnstar sanctuary but notice there is still a dead end hallway next to the torture room. Does anyone know why? — Unsigned comment by 184.108.40.206 (talk) at 06:53 on 21 May 2013