Gregor: Housecarl of... Lakeview Manor?!
After receiving Gregor as a housecarl, I took him as a follower for a while. I later dismissed him at Heljarchen Hall and went adventuring elsewhere. When I later visited Lakeview Manor, I saw him in the main hall playing with the alchemy lab. "What in the blazes are you doing here? You're supposed to be guarding my cabin in the Pale!" my character would have loved to exclaim. I don't know how he got set as the housecarl of the wrong place, but he did. This did not displace the usual Lakeview Manor housecarl; she's still there. Playing on the XBOX 360 with all the latest updates at the time of this post. Verification by others would be great, though I added it to the bugs section already. (126.96.36.199 17:56, 28 October 2012 (GMT))
- Happened in my game too. I was so confused at first, thinking that I fast traveled to the wrong house, but, no. Strange that he showed up at Lakeview Manor. — KunvuloninKünvülänin 05:58, 29 October 2012 (GMT)
- He doesn't always show up at the wrong house. It has happened a couple of times; presumably he is at the correct location the rest of the time, but my character barely uses the house in the Pale so I haven't checked. (188.8.131.52 04:57, 2 November 2012 (GMT))
- Happened to me too! I had the exact same reaction as you. He walked out shortly after I cleared a path to the door, though, hopefully to trek back to where he's supposed to be! 184.108.40.206 04:42, 12 November 2012 (GMT)
- Found him sleeping in my bed at Windstad manor! --220.127.116.11 17:03, 3 January 2013 (GMT)
 Gregor, the Civil War, And Glitch...
If you originally get Heljarchen Hall with Skall the Elder and then you complete Civil War for the Imperial, Gregor will dissapear until you go back to Dawnstar, get Thane with the new Jarl. Only problem...When Gregor appears again...he gets stuck in the walls of the house. He's not inside the cell but he's outside stuck in the Northern Extension. Aura Whisper places him in the southern North Western corner. I approach him but no matter how close I can get I can't talk to him to follow me.
Finally I got him out by summoning a Dremora lord and attacking said summon with my magic ((my magic is really strong at this point with perks and new Dragonborn stuff)) he finally freed himself to come try to help me.
XBOX 360--18.104.22.168 08:29, 13 December 2012 (GMT)
 Where do I find him?
So where do you find him? I am Thane of the Pale, built the starter home and have the blade but can't find Gregor. He was not in the Jarl's house when I was Thaned, not in the inn, not at the building site and not at either of my other homes (Breezehome and Honeyside). Any idea where he might be? A copy of him will show up i I do a placemat e via consol and HEHPs all the right Housecarl dialogue but I wonder where the original version if him is. — Unsigned comment by Statmonster (talk • contribs) at 05:01 on 31 January 2013
- Since you're on PC, try
player.moveto 0200521Fto move your character to him. Vely►t►e 06:48, 31 January 2013 (GMT)
- Same problem here. Cannot teleport to him or him to me. Error messages indicate he doesn't exist. Installed the Unofficial Heartfire Patch after this - didn't make him reappear. Tried two RefID versions, the one with the 0 and the one with the 2 you mentioned. Same for both. Eventually figured out it's with a 3. Then player.moveto 300521f places me inside the Jarl's hall, but Gregor isn't there and I can't interact with the ID. ... The only fix I could come up with was using player.placeatme 300512e while in my house, which then created a Gregor-clone with the RefID ff00101e. --22.214.171.124 16:31, 14 November 2013 (GMT)
 Gregor Class Details
I've been using Gregor for a while and I figured that he priorise two-handed weapons over one-handed weapons. As we can see on the main page, we state that is diferent from the other housecarls because he prefer two-handed, then it could be good to verify if the Class Details should be CombatWarrior2H instead of CombatWarrior1H ??? — Unsigned comment by 126.96.36.199 (talk) at 11:03 on 14 February 2013
- There are quite a few instances where the actual weapons and behaviours do not represent the specific class of the npc. His Class Details are correct on the page. Jeancey (talk) 18:09, 14 February 2013 (GMT)