|This talk page should only be used to discuss the contents of the article itself.
Please keep all speculation, wishlists, etc. restricted to the . Any content of this sort will be removed promptly.
|Archive 1: Aug 2012 - Sep 9 2012|
|Archive 2: Sep 2012 - Oct 17 2012|
|Archive 3: October 2012|
|Archive 4: November 2012|
|Archive 5: Nov 2012 - Dec 2012|
|Archive 6: January 2013|
|Archive 7: February 2013|
|Archive 8: Feb 2013 - Jul 2013|
 My children won't stop interacting with me!
I've only seen one other person with this issue. One of my adoptive childen wont stop following me and interacting with me. It happens constantly, at least five time before I can leave my house. Its extremley annoying, please help me fix! — Unsigned comment by 184.108.40.206 (talk) at 00:25 on 20 July 2013
- I know exactly What you mean. I saved two children from their homeless, parentless situations. Thought I was doing some Good adopting homeless children.. worst mistake of my virtual life. I just sent them to a House I bought and not gonna use. I check up on um every now and then. Ones totally missing and the others hooked on skooma. Haha nah she just stands in one spot day and night and says nothing to me When I pass her by or enter the house. But the other one is tottally missing. And my housecarl eats and drinks all day. Cjesseg (talk) 18:31, 11 March 2014 (GMT)
 can't afford to decorate?
I have over a 130,000 gold but my steward says I can't afford a $1000 decoration set. plus after a week( in the game) literally none of my purchases have shown up?!!! — Unsigned comment by Not bill (talk • contribs) at 03:43 on 8 August 2013
- The "can't afford" bug is usually caused by asking them after already decorating the room (or having them decorate it). The purchases not showing up may simply be that you haven't waited long enough (or far away enough from your home). See the Personal Steward page and its talk page for some more information on this (the Bugs section and talk page will be most helpful, I believe). — ABCface◥ 04:11, 8 August 2013 (GMT)
 Stolen Gems May Interfere with Building Shrines
I was in the process of doing the Thieves Guild quest line when I built my house. I had a Stolen Flawless Sapphire in my inventory for a shill quest. I couldn't build the shrine to Kynareth, which requires a flawless sapphire, until I no longer had that quest item in my inventory. As a quest item, you can't store the Stolen Flawless Sapphire. I had several other flawless sapphires in my inventory, but because of the quest item I couldn't build the shrine. I went and completed the shill quest and once the quest item was out of my inventory, I could build the shrine. — Unsigned comment by 220.127.116.11 (talk) at 01:53 on 12 September 2013
- This is true of any quest item in the game. If the item is intended for a quest, it cannot be used for crafting or anything else until that quest is completed, no matter how many you have in your inventory. This applies even if the quest item appears to be a different item in your inventory, when the item in question is just a renamed version of the same base item (identical in all ways but display name). It's an unfortunate issue which can be annoying for many players, especially if they don't realize why it's occurring, but I'm not sure where the best place to note it is, since it's not unique to a particular quest or crafting activity. Maybe the Quest Items page? — ABCface◥ 05:12, 12 September 2013 (GMT)
 All areas of the player-built homes may sometimes reset to their original furnishings
Can confirm that all areas of player-built homes are resetting to their original furnishings in my game which is completely unmodified. This is happening at both Lakeview Manor (with one child and a steward) and Windstad Manor (no game generated NPCs, have held off on becoming thane to see if this had any effect). Irritating to say the least. As I'm new to commenting on UESP, have no idea how to change the red question mark on the main page. Any suggestions for a work around will be gratefully received. --Helfane (talk) 11:12, 15 September 2013 (GMT)
- It's now marked as confirmed on the page. No documented workarounds yet, but my suggestion to prevent it in the future is to return to your house more often. — ABCface◥ 01:35, 22 September 2013 (GMT)
- This actually isn't a bug. All player owned housing in the game is resettable because none of them have encounter zones defined. Only the storage containers and any items you drop from your inventory will be left as is. This is also a good thing since without this behavior none of the respawning resources like the greenhouse would ever replenish their stocks. It's worthy of noting in the "Notes" section but definitely not a bug.Arthmoor (talk) 03:56, 7 October 2013 (GMT)
 Bandits appearing inside Lakeview Manor
I have partially completed Lakeview Manor -- the library tower has only its doors and foundation. Having doors that are normally "interior" leading to the outside seems to have some unusual consequences. In the last bandit attack, the three of us there (myself, Lydia as steward, and Serana as my follower) were alerted to a bandit attack while all of us were outside, but we could find only one bandit, the chief, and remained "in combat" after he was killed. Two red dots remained on the compass, and after running around and around the building a few times, I concluded they had to be inside. I went in the main door and found one bandit on the right-hand staircase to the second floor. While I was engaging him in combat, Serana entered the house through the upper set of library doors and killed another bandit who was right behind the one I was fighting. Thus, two out of three of the bandits ended up inside the house. From what I saw at the very beginning, I don't think they spawned there; instead, they seem to have entered through the doors from the incomplete library building. Odd. Robinwitch1 (talk) 21:42, 21 September 2013 (GMT)
- Thanks for the info, this is already noted as a confirmed bug on the Lakeview Manor page. The main Hearthfire page only lists bugs which affect general aspects of the game that aren't specific to one particular area or subject. — ABCface◥ 01:34, 22 September 2013 (GMT)
 NPCs don't go in basement?
I never see any of my npcs go into the basement. Do I have to put something in there or what? I put a practice dummy for my kid and everything. — Unsigned comment by 18.104.22.168 (talk) at 01:30 on 28 September 2013
- I have never seen my housecarl, steward, or wife go down there, so I'm not sure about those NPCs (or the bard, which I never hired) but after giving my adopted son a wooden sword as a gift, I did find him down there at the practice dummy. So the children should, at least. — ABCface◥ 02:30, 28 September 2013 (GMT)
 Can't buy house in Falkreath
For some reason the steward of falkreath will not sell me a house. I am the thane yet the options are not even there for me...help?
 It wont give me the jarls letter
I have a house in solitude but i would like to build my own house and i can adopt children and that kind of stuff but im not allowed to get a house that i can build. I play on the xbox version — Unsigned comment by 22.214.171.124 (talk) at 07:11 on 25 December 2013
- If you have completed the dark brotherhood quest where you kill the jarl's steward, he will not allow you to buy or build the house in :Falkreath. You can, however, do the quests that lead up to thane in The Pale and Morthal and build houses there. Deanmakoma (talk) 11:09, 11 March 2014 (GMT)
 Steward issues and display cases
I have been having these issues since Hearthfire was released. Every time a follower has become a steward they don't get any steward dialogue options, they just have the followers option. I have tried a few different followers and none work. Also none of the display cases give me the option to add any items. I can open and close them, but can't display anything. I have the unofficial patch fully up to date and it doesn't fix these issues. Kotsumo (talk) 02:18, 6 January 2014 (GMT)
- I had this problem as well. To get them to give you the steward options...after they become your steward, you have to tell them to part ways - at this point they will give you the steward options. — Unsigned comment by 126.96.36.199 (talk) at 19:48 on 2 May 2014
 Hearthfire houses not "owned"
Apparently purchased/built "Hearthfire" homes are not included in the General Stats: "Houses Owned" category. Only purchased "Skyrim" houses, (i.e., Proudspire Manor, Breezehome) appear in the count. --Beezer1029 20:14, 9 January 2014 (GMT)
- Pretty sure it's because of the way it tracks the stats for the achievements. Before Hearthfire, the game was only tooled to track Vlindrel Hall, Proudspire Manor, Hjerim, Honeyside, and Breezehome for the Citizen achievement. Given that Hearthfire came with it's own home-related achievements, they probably felt it unnecessary to have Citizen unlock simultaneously with Landowner or Architect.--188.8.131.52 03:31, 6 March 2014 (GMT)
 Add everything?
Do I have to add absolutely everything to my first house before I can buy my second? Because some things I did not want. Also, what's the use of the alter type thing with the skeleton bones around it? Is it just for looks? Cjesseg (talk) 16:39, 12 March 2014 (GMT)
- From what I remember, as long as you fulfill the requirements for that hold, you can buy plots of all three at the same time, without building any of them up at all. But it has been a while, I could be wrong. Jeancey (talk) 16:43, 12 March 2014 (GMT)
- That's my experience as well. You can buy all 3 plots of land without ever developing them.
- Oh perhaps it was already there. Its behind the lakeview manor home. It has several pillars and an alter with embalming tools and maybe a skull. It looks like something you would find in a crypt dungeon with the draugrs. Like a table to put a body on. Cjesseg (talk) 21:24, 16 March 2014 (GMT)
 Just a note
If you need to uninstall this add-on for any reason and you have kids with a room, be sure to remove everything important from that room first. I used 2 containers in a room that held my books and any unique item I came across.. now they're gone. I don't even care I lost my kids. I'm glad.. But my things.. anyways just some friendly advice.. Cjesseg (talk) 20:08, 17 March 2014 (GMT)
 Broken Lights?
Are some of the lights in Hearthfire homes just broken from developer oversight? Clarification I mean there are some lights in Hearthfire that seem to work in Lakeview manor but not in Heljarchen Hall or Windstad Manor. Wrath425 (talk) 22:23, 30 April 2014 (GMT)
 Heljarchen Hall Missing Persons
- My housecarl was out patrolling when I left. I was gone for one in-game day. When I came back I found a group of three bandits running up the hill to attack, and I alone defeated them. I never once saw my housecarl. I've not seen him since; no sign of his body anywhere, no weapons or loot laying around. He's just gone. SO I went in search of another protector, a steward, and found an orc from one of the strongholds. When I brought him back he asked if he could be my steward and I obliged. I let him out of my group and bought some lumber through him. Then he left to go out side. He left the house, I followed moments later (after building some wall mounts inside or something). When I got outside, he was nowhere to be found and I haven't seen HIM since.
- Has anyone else lost anyone from Heljarchen Hall? I play on PS3.
- --unanimatedew 184.108.40.206 19:55, 3 May 2014 (GMT)
 Dog disappearing was fixed
For one my pets I got the armored husky Sceolang. He fit nicely into my Wndstad Manor family and stayed for quite awhile. I believe one time after an attack on the manor where he we involved (didn't die) he disappeared. I searched for him inside and outside but it seemed he was just gone. Since I thought he might just show up out of the blue sometime later I decided to just continue on like normal and not use a different save etc. It turned out I was right and he appeared back at the house when it was time for the interior to reset. I got home and noticed all of the doors were closed again and the decoration items were back where they were originally, and there was Sceolang barking and acting like he never left. So I'm thinking possibly the resetting of the house can bring back a dog that disappeared, though not sure under what circumstances etc.
Also pretty sure that having a dog participate in an attack on the manor is what can make them disappear. It happened to me again after a bandit attack, one where the bandits were stuck inside the walls no less. After I was able to fix the bandit problem I went inside and noticed Sceolang was gone again. Searched inside and nothing. Knowing he was outside during the attack and was staring at the house during it, waiting for the bandits to be put outside the house, I searched around the house since it had only been a few minutes and wasn't able to find him. Luckily I had saved a few min before the whole bandit incident, reloaded, and made sure he wasn't outside participating. After the bandit issue was fixed I went back inside and saw he was inside and barking like usual. 220.127.116.11 21:07, 12 July 2014 (GMT)