|This talk page should only be used to discuss the contents of the article itself.
Please keep all speculation, wishlists, etc. restricted to the . Any content of this sort will be removed promptly.
|Archive 1: Aug 2012 - Sep 9 2012|
|Archive 2: Sep 2012 - Oct 17 2012|
|Archive 3: October 2012|
|Archive 4: November 2012|
|Archive 5: Nov 2012 - Dec 2012|
|Archive 6: January 2013|
|Archive 7: February 2013|
|Archive 8: Feb 2013 - Jul 2013|
 My children won't stop interacting with me!
I've only seen one other person with this issue. One of my adoptive childen wont stop following me and interacting with me. It happens constantly, at least five time before I can leave my house. Its extremley annoying, please help me fix! — Unsigned comment by 22.214.171.124 (talk) at 00:25 on 20 July 2013
 can't afford to decorate?
I have over a 130,000 gold but my steward says I can't afford a $1000 decoration set. plus after a week( in the game) literally none of my purchases have shown up?!!! — Unsigned comment by Not bill (talk • contribs) at 03:43 on 8 August 2013
- The "can't afford" bug is usually caused by asking them after already decorating the room (or having them decorate it). The purchases not showing up may simply be that you haven't waited long enough (or far away enough from your home). See the Personal Steward page and its talk page for some more information on this (the Bugs section and talk page will be most helpful, I believe). — ABCface◥ 04:11, 8 August 2013 (GMT)
 Stolen Gems May Interfere with Building Shrines
I was in the process of doing the Thieves Guild quest line when I built my house. I had a Stolen Flawless Sapphire in my inventory for a shill quest. I couldn't build the shrine to Kynareth, which requires a flawless sapphire, until I no longer had that quest item in my inventory. As a quest item, you can't store the Stolen Flawless Sapphire. I had several other flawless sapphires in my inventory, but because of the quest item I couldn't build the shrine. I went and completed the shill quest and once the quest item was out of my inventory, I could build the shrine. — Unsigned comment by 126.96.36.199 (talk) at 01:53 on 12 September 2013
- This is true of any quest item in the game. If the item is intended for a quest, it cannot be used for crafting or anything else until that quest is completed, no matter how many you have in your inventory. This applies even if the quest item appears to be a different item in your inventory, when the item in question is just a renamed version of the same base item (identical in all ways but display name). It's an unfortunate issue which can be annoying for many players, especially if they don't realize why it's occurring, but I'm not sure where the best place to note it is, since it's not unique to a particular quest or crafting activity. Maybe the Quest Items page? — ABCface◥ 05:12, 12 September 2013 (GMT)
 All areas of the player-built homes may sometimes reset to their original furnishings
Can confirm that all areas of player-built homes are resetting to their original furnishings in my game which is completely unmodified. This is happening at both Lakeview Manor (with one child and a steward) and Windstad Manor (no game generated NPCs, have held off on becoming thane to see if this had any effect). Irritating to say the least. As I'm new to commenting on UESP, have no idea how to change the red question mark on the main page. Any suggestions for a work around will be gratefully received. --Helfane (talk) 11:12, 15 September 2013 (GMT)
- It's now marked as confirmed on the page. No documented workarounds yet, but my suggestion to prevent it in the future is to return to your house more often. — ABCface◥ 01:35, 22 September 2013 (GMT)
- This actually isn't a bug. All player owned housing in the game is resettable because none of them have encounter zones defined. Only the storage containers and any items you drop from your inventory will be left as is. This is also a good thing since without this behavior none of the respawning resources like the greenhouse would ever replenish their stocks. It's worthy of noting in the "Notes" section but definitely not a bug.Arthmoor (talk) 03:56, 7 October 2013 (GMT)
 Bandits appearing inside Lakeview Manor
I have partially completed Lakeview Manor -- the library tower has only its doors and foundation. Having doors that are normally "interior" leading to the outside seems to have some unusual consequences. In the last bandit attack, the three of us there (myself, Lydia as steward, and Serana as my follower) were alerted to a bandit attack while all of us were outside, but we could find only one bandit, the chief, and remained "in combat" after he was killed. Two red dots remained on the compass, and after running around and around the building a few times, I concluded they had to be inside. I went in the main door and found one bandit on the right-hand staircase to the second floor. While I was engaging him in combat, Serana entered the house through the upper set of library doors and killed another bandit who was right behind the one I was fighting. Thus, two out of three of the bandits ended up inside the house. From what I saw at the very beginning, I don't think they spawned there; instead, they seem to have entered through the doors from the incomplete library building. Odd. Robinwitch1 (talk) 21:42, 21 September 2013 (GMT)
- Thanks for the info, this is already noted as a confirmed bug on the Lakeview Manor page. The main Hearthfire page only lists bugs which affect general aspects of the game that aren't specific to one particular area or subject. — ABCface◥ 01:34, 22 September 2013 (GMT)
 NPCs don't go in basement?
I never see any of my npcs go into the basement. Do I have to put something in there or what? I put a practice dummy for my kid and everything. — Unsigned comment by 188.8.131.52 (talk) at 01:30 on 28 September 2013
- I have never seen my housecarl, steward, or wife go down there, so I'm not sure about those NPCs (or the bard, which I never hired) but after giving my adopted son a wooden sword as a gift, I did find him down there at the practice dummy. So the children should, at least. — ABCface◥ 02:30, 28 September 2013 (GMT)
 Can't buy house in Falkreath
For some reason the steward of falkreath will not sell me a house. I am the thane yet the options are not even there for me...help?