|Archive 1: Nov 2011 - Dec 2012|
 Ingedients table sorting broken
It seems that clicking on the header of a column of the table of ingredients doesn't sort it. Nothing happens. OS is Debian. Epiphany version 2.30.6 and Iceweasel (Firefox) version 3.5.16. -- MartinS 220.127.116.11 00:56, 5 January 2013 (GMT)
- It's not just you, it shouldn't have had the sortable arrows on it in the first place. Due to the merged rows and columns in the table, a sortable feature wouldn't work. See the Morrowind, Tribunal, Bloodmoon, Oblivion, and Shivering Isles ingredient pages. None of them have the sortable arrows for that reason. I've removed the sortable arrows from this table to standardize it with ingredient tables in other namespaces on the site. Thanks for bringing this up! — ABCface◥ 06:19, 7 January 2013 (GMT)
- Ok. However it would be really neat to be able to sort on Name (default now), effect (hard
- as there are four columns), price and merchant availability (this is the one I want at the
- moment). I see two possible ways to achieve this. 1. Put the "how to get it" column besides
- the other columns (and last as its length varies a lot) or 2. Put that in a seperate table.
- 1 would make the table very wide, so I'd go for 2. -- MartinS 18.104.22.168 12:41, 12 January 2013 (GMT)
 Swamp fungal pod never respawn?
It seems that the plants of swamp fungal pod will never respawn after being harvested once. I've found two locations with this problem, outside Movarth's Lair(Morthal) and Volkihar Courtyard. I'm quite sure enough days have passed before I visited there again. Can anyone confirm it? Any solutions? thanks Dreamshadow (talk) 12:42, 18 March 2013 (GMT)
- Swamp Fungal Pods do re-spawn. I regularly harvest them in the swamps north-west of Morthal. I had the same experience as yours but with Giant Lichen. They will "eventually" grow back. Solutions? Perhaps avoid that area for awhile? I am unsure if being near harvested plants resets the re-spawn time, like returning too early to a cave/dungeon does. - Toad the unregistered user--22.214.171.124 00:16, 20 June 2014 (GMT)
 Data update
 Alchemy list
Wanted to print out lists of alchemy ingredients and effects. Maybe a more printer friendly version of these lists can be done? I would work on it myself but I'm still cheesed about stuff that happened here during the Oblivion days and I don't contribute around here any more. )474(4V57 126.96.36.199 00:01, 13 October 2013 (GMT)
 How many...?
Does anyone know off the top of their head how many ingredients/effects there are (too lazy to count at the moment)? It seems like 100+ ingredients and 40+ effects? 4tran (talk) 12:11, 20 February 2014 (GMT)
- A good guess. 56 effects and 113 ingredients including all DLC added ones. Silence is GoldenBreak the Silence 21:12, 20 February 2014 (GMT)
 Dragonborn Ingredients?
I noticed that none of the ingredients from the Dragonborn expansion are on the table. I don't know if this was intentional, but I see ingredients fom the other expansions are included here.188.8.131.52 04:11, 19 April 2014 (GMT)
- They're at Dragonborn:Ingredients. Generally, when an expansion is large enough to warrant its own namespace, we keep the lists separate. See also: Shivering:Ingredients, Tribunal:Ingredients, Bloodmoon:Ingredients. — TheRealLurlock (talk) 04:17, 19 April 2014 (GMT)
 Mention the UESP map?
I don't now if it's just me that can't find it but wouldn't it be nice to mention that individual ingredients can be shown at the UESP: Skyrim Map? — Unsigned comment by Sciferr (talk • contribs) at 22:27 on 27 June 2014
- Are you asking for them to be added because they aren't on the map? Silence is GoldenBreak the Silence 22:33, 27 June 2014 (GMT)
 Table incorrect?
Perhaps I don't understand the table entirely. Or perhaps it is incorrect. I checked the value of every potion that resulted in only one effect (Alchemy at 100, no enchantments worn, PC version, no outside DLC). I'll say my piece and let someone else decide if I'm an idiot. (Dragonborn ingredients included here instead of on the Dragonborn page for the sake of keeping this observation organized neatly.)
• To say that Charred Skeever Hide affects the value of a Cure Disease potion by .36 is not entirely correct. If you combine it with any ingredient with a Cure Disease effect EXCEPTING for Hawk Feathers, it has a normal value. Ditto essentially Hawk Feathers.
• Combining Crimson Nirnroot with any ingredient with a Damage Stamina effect affects the price by roughly 3.36.
• To say that Briar Heart affects the value of a Fortify Block potion by .5 is not entirely correct. If you combine it with any ingredient with a Fortify Block effect EXCEPTING for Honeycomb, it has a normal value. Ditto essentially Honeycomb.
• Combining Yellow Mountain Flower with any ingredient with a Fortify Restoration effect affects the value by roughly 1.28.
• Combining Boar Tusk with any ingredient with a Fortify Stamina effect affects the value by roughly 7.53, not 5.9.
• Combining Ashen Grass Pod with any ingredient with a Resist Fire effect affects the value by roughly 1.37.
• Combining Beehive Husk and Thistle Branch not only affects the potion effects, but also affects the price by roughly .47.
• Any combination of Blisterwort, Felsaad Tern Feathers, and Imp Stool affects the value of the resulting Restore Health potion by roughly .47.
• Combining Bear Claws and Salmon Roe affects the value of the resulting Restore Stamina potion by roughly .78. (I have no idea where that .4x by Salmon Roe might come into play; I noted no change in potion effect.)
• It's true that Nirnroot affects the value of Damage Health potions by 12.6, but that is far from the only thing going on there. I found four more "abnormal" values among the ingredients with Damage Health effects:
- • River Betty affects the value by 34.6.
- • Emperor Parasol Moss affects the value by 19.7 (except River Betty).
- • Crimson Nirnroot affects the value by 3.3 (except River Betty, Emperor Parasol Moss, and Nirnroot).
- • Deathbell affects the value by 1.5 (except River Betty, Emperor Parasol Moss, Nirnroot, and Crimson Nirnroot).
I could also cavil with some of the multipliers I don't mention, but I don't want to change the subject, and anyway the cavils are almost meaningless. Robert Cannelin (talk) 04:08, 6 August 2014 (GMT)