Frozen mammoth
A frozen mammoth is located West of Saarthal, about half way to a standing stone (not mapped yet so don't know which one), It is half encased in the ice with spears and arrows protruding from it's body and is easiest seen going from West to East. DracoZandros 22:56, 22 November 2011 (UTC)
- Found it too. I guess that mammoth came to an unfortunate end. Wolok gro-Barok 23:02, 22 November 2011 (UTC)
- It's SE of the Tower Stone. West of Saarthal, East of Hob's Fall Cave and North of Alftand. Pretty interesting find. Maybe giants and mammoths didn't get along so well in the past.
- There is also a mammoth outside Cronvangr Cave that seems to have been spun up by spiders.Melleh17 07:47, 6 December 2011 (UTC)
- They will usually respawn once you leave the proximity for around 72 hours (3 days in game) --Slyspy70 00:57, 26 November 2011 (UTC)
 Mammuth Huntin'
There is a great mammoth camp north of Western Watchtower and west-northwest of Whiterun. 3 mammoths here and lots of outcrops to run around.
- Yeah, over the last couple of days my low-level Khajiit has been hunting mammoths around that camp. Sneak, shoot mammoth, hide behind rock. I actually lured a giant all the way up to the gates of Whiterun and right now I and half the guards of Whiterun are trying to kill it. Thanks for the tip on the chest, by the way. I gave up after blowing half my picks, figuring it was probably just furs, but I'll have to try again tonight. Gideon Dragontongue 14:53, 6 December 2011 (UTC)
 Oh bloody its a mammoth....and a person?
I've seen people following mammoths around. Not giants, just.. people. Anybody know what that's about?7
- There is a random event where bandits or hunters will gather and attack mammoths, that's probably what you've seen. I encountered one of these events at the elevator of Alftand. Melleh17 23:51, 1 January 2012 (UTC)
 Giants and Mammoths don't respawn
- I have had them respawn every time I leave the area of their camp for a few days. Try entering a city, then quick-travelling to a giant camp to refresh the area, and see if that works 22.214.171.124 01:05, 17 January 2012 (UTC)
 Mammoth Playing Games
I don't know if this has happened to anyone else, and I can't remember which camp it was at, but I was standing still in this one spot, on this rock... high enough to keep from getting attacked by the giants, but low enough that the mammoths can get close enough to touch me with the tip of its trunk....
Every time I look away from the beast... it comes near me.... but when i turn around to face it, it runs away....
- maybe you were holding a bow? people and creatures become sensitive to your line of sight when you equip ranged weapons. — Unsigned comment by 126.96.36.199 (talk) at 03:12 on January 18, 2013
 Mammoth Assassin
Whilst sneaking aboard the 'Katariah' near the end of the Dark Brotherhood campaign, I heard the guards begin combat, saying things like "found you, assassin!" I was sure I hadn't been detected, so I peered around a corner to see a host of elite soldiers firing arrows... at a mammoth standing on the shore, and taunting it as if it were Dark Brotherhood! I had barely finished cracking up when the situation developed - the mammoth glitched and appeared on board the ship, trying to take out the Emperor's guards! This was just the distraction I needed... — Unsigned comment by 188.8.131.52 (talk) at 03:07 on January 18, 2013
 Falling mammoth bug - moved from article
*Sometimes mammoths can be witnessed flying up into the air, and can then fall onto another mammoth. The cause of this is unknown.
I'm moving this here because it sounds like another example of the usual Skyrim graphical glitch where creatures interact strangely with each other and the environment, resulting in odd movements. --Xyzzy Talk 18:23, 3 April 2013 (GMT)