What's Going On?Edit
I'm in Markarth, and all the guards want to kill me. What is going on? Yeah I broke out of jail but come on. Wa there another option? — Unsigned comment by 188.8.131.52 (talk) at 11:43 on 22 November 2011
- I've had this problem as well. Did you help the forsworn attack the guards? That could be a cause. It also seems odd how the guards wont let me yield. I also checked, and i have 0 bounty. Anyone found any solutions? --Halfstache -1:05, 24 November 2011 (UTC)
- Try the following- might be worth adding to the bugs section on the page and the relevant quest page if someone wants to confirm it. Following the Jailbreak from the Cindra jail, the Markarth guards may be hostile towards your character. You will not be able to stow your weapons and surrender if you do not already have a bounty on you. Commiting some petty crime will place a bounty on you, meaning you can now surrender to the guards.
- (Note- I believe that during the jailbreak and number of special guards spawn, killing these will not cause you to accumilate bounty, but niether will they accept a surrender. Unconfirmed. Dargov, 27/11/11 — Unsigned comment by 184.108.40.206 (talk) at 10:45 on 27 November 2011
- It is not a real fix, but typing tdetect in the ui makes guards not notice you unless you actually talk to them. I can now finish all my quests and even talk to the jarl. At least you can continue until they fix it for real. — Unsigned comment by 19:50, 6 December 2011 (talk • contribs)
Trouble with Markath guardsEdit
I had the same experience, with one important difference. I exited the city by the main door just after the Forsworn who I could see jogging into the distance. There were four guard at the entrance, three immediately indulged in some policy brutality but the forth instead decided to arrest me for some petty crime I had commited earlier (40g bounty worth of goods from the Silver-Blood household). Like any good citizen I fessed up and paid the bounty. Once I respawned outside the jail the guards seem to have returned from their sabatical in 1980's LA and I was free to roam the city again. Even recieved an apology from the Jarl.
My suggestion therefore is, if someone's trying to kill you, do something to deserve it, then apologise. — Unsigned comment by 220.127.116.11 (talk) at 12:40 on 24 November 2011
- Another odd occurrence about the guards is that there is a guard just to the right of the Jarl (if you are facing the Jarl) standing near 2 locked Adept lockpicking level doors that attacks you if you get near him. He gives you about 1-2 minutes of warnings before he attacks.--Ewolfg1 11:08, 26 November 2011 (UTC)
No jailbreak, nor did i attack guards.Edit
I entered Markarth once, witnessed the attack on the woman(Elizabeth?) just inside the gate. I killed the guy that attacked her with no immediate consequences. The guards did not respond, i accepted the note from the guy and then left. I am now on the way to a location just beyond Markarth and now the stormcloaks and the markarth guards both consider me kill on sight. I have zero clues as to why this is. — Unsigned comment by 18.104.22.168 (talk) at 01:10 on 30 November 2011
- Moved from the above user's talk page, where it was unlikely to be seen. eshetalk 13:48, 18 June 2012 (UTC)
- I'm experiencing the exact same thing, near as I can tell. Have you tried committing some petty crime, then paying the bounty on it? I'll be trying that later, myself. — Unsigned comment by 22.214.171.124 (talk) on 9 June 2012
I finished the escape for Cidhna Mine, helped the Farswarn - Still no Pardon!!Edit
This definitely has to be a bug, After I completed this quest I left Markarth thinking everything was ok. Guards were attacking Madonach and his guys and I had an easy time leaving the city. The quest updated saying quest completed and that I received my pardon. Now, I am much further in the game and every time I go anywhere near Markarth - there is an instant kill order on my head. You cannot use Thieves Guild to bribe your way out, persuade "saying you were framed" or even surrender. When you try to surrender, they say you will never leave prison, BUT then the dialogue starts over. You just sit there with guards and do nothing (But you can't leave)--. Basically the only option is to kill your way out. (And that's when you get a bounty for the first time) Help? — Unsigned comment by 126.96.36.199 (talk) at 19:29 on 3 December 2011
I haven't even gone to the talo's temple to do the conspiracy quest but I did decide to go around and try out pickpocket. I did a few guards and didn't get caught, no bounty and then the next day I encounter hired thugs that tried to kill me and on their body is a contract made by the guards against me. Did this happen to anyone else, is it in all towns or just Markarth? — Unsigned comment by 188.8.131.52 (talk) at 15:30 on 12 December 2011
- This is in all towns, and is not restricted to guards. Anytime you steal anything, even if undetected, people have a chance of figuring out that you probably did it and will hire thugs to kill you for it. It does not affect anything besides the hired thugs, even the person's disposition will remain the same afterwards. They could be your best friend, catch you stealing a 5-gold bottle of mead, hire people to kill you, and they will still be your best friend when you come to them with three hired thug heads (including the note they hired the thugs with and the considerably-more-than-5-gold hiring fee) demanding an explanation.184.108.40.206 07:31, 14 December 2011 (UTC)
Not able to buy house in Markarth and can't get into troubleEdit
When I did the Forsworn/Silverblood conspiracy quest, I killed the first three guards that confronted me after going to the Talos shrine the second time, figuring that was the best solution to the frame job. When I left the temple and noticed the other guards coming after me, I surrendered and finished the conspiracy quest with a pardon and I could now do quests for the Jarl. After I finished enough and got the Jarl's shield, he said I could buy property, but their is no dialog to buy the house. Later, I got caught lock picking and the same dialog as the conspiracy quest popped up and kept looping. I reloaded my game and haven't done anything wrong in Markath now. If I go into the Talos Temple now the same three guards I killed are there and while one talks the same conspiracy dialog as he said before, the others slaughter me. I can kill the three guards again, but my bounty goes up and all the guards then start to kill on sight. Not even slaughtering the Forsworn leaders helped. Hopefully this bug can be fixed. 220.127.116.11 20:16, 14 December 2011 (UTC)
way around the glitchEdit
hey guys, just wanted to say that i avoided the glitch where u cant buy the house if u do the forsworn conspiracy missions first, by geting the shield returning quuest from the jarl, then b4 completing it i did the forsworn missions ( both of them). After that i simply found the shield, returned it and everything thing was fine, the jarl offered the title of thane and said i need to get a house. Also b4 this i did do the red eagle quests and i was about lvl 35 doing the imperial quest line — Unsigned comment by 18.104.22.168 (talk) at 06:21 on 3 January 2012
Driving me nutsEdit
Hey guys i did the quest for the foresworn and in their escape while everyone was going crazy I snuck into that place with all the silver and took it all... I understood why there was a price on my head but they dont give me an option to pay, its either fight or go to jail O_O... i tried commiting another petty crime and see if they offer me an option to pay but its no good. I tried going to jail but there is no bed to serve my time on! The foresworn leaders bed is locked and i cant get in to the bed... Im completeing that love godesses quest and there's this guy i need to speak to in the keep, but with the whole damn town on my tail I cant complete it. HELP ITS AGGRAVATING THE CRAP OUT OF ME! — Unsigned comment by 22.214.171.124 (talk) at 22:35 on 9 January 2012
Unable to Surrender/Yield, Guards Won't Stop Attacking on Sight.Edit
I don't draw any weapons. I don't even EQUIP any weapons, and I can't yield or surrender (however this has never worked in all my 100+ hours of playing, I digress).
But this f***ing glitch is getting on my last nerve. HOW do I fix it? None of the things list help in the SLIGHTEST and for some reason despite being apart of the Thieves guild, I am NOT given the f***ing option to pay my bounty off that way. (Even though I have all the necessary requirements to do so). — Unsigned comment by 126.96.36.199 (talk) at 05:00 on 11 January 2012
- try leaving the reach for a day then re entering the hold by foot (dont fast travel). You should see a bounty collector that you can pay the fine to approach you. As long as you dont attack him, he should demand your bounty and you can pay your bounty
Killed all the guards in MarkarthEdit
So I couldn't get pardoned for some reason after the forsworn quest, so I went ahead and killed every guard in Markarth. I tried to kill the Jarl, but he never dies. Did I mess up a bunch of future quests because of this? The villagers still talk to me. — Unsigned comment by 188.8.131.52 (talk) at 00:43 on 17 January 2012
Methods of Solving Endless Dialogue from Markarth GuardsEdit
Moved from the page to avoid cluttering.
- It may be possible to fix this glitch by going back into the Temple of Talos again and killing the guards in there and paying the bounty. If this occurs and your sneak is high enough respond with "ok take me to jail" and immediately press the B button. If you are sneaking, it will let you move away a little. This may need to be repeated a few times but you can get away from the guards using this method.
- Another method to fix this glitch is to go into The Shrine of Talos without any weapons drawn, go through the dialogue with the first guard, and then when finished wait for the first guard to talk to you again, then choose to pay your bounty
- A third way to fix this glitch may be to join the Thieves Guild and pay your bounty with them. Cheaper,too.
- Another way to fix this glitch is to go into The Shrine of Talos without any weapons drawn, go through the dialogue with the male guard. Afterwards, speak to him again, and select "...", then go through the dialogue and choose "I submit, take me to jail". Then, the guards will start attacking you, kill the female guard, and talk to the male guard again. This time, select "Pay off the bounty."
- If all else fails, when the guards arrest you, do not click choose any of the dialogue options, but open up the console (PC only), click on a guard and type in "paycrimegold" this should result in all bounty being removed, and transportation to a random area of Markarth.}}
Minor Edits 04:41, 21 January 2012 (UTC)
Looping Arrest DialogueEdit
Hey, I did the Forsworn Conspiracy quest, helped the forsworn, and all was good. Then, much later, i killed someone and now all of the guards have an endless loop of dialogue attempting to arrest me. I cant go into the city anymore. HELP.Jackgillooly 00:00, 24 January 2012 (UTC)
temp cure, not sure of the ramifications. PC onlyEdit
type "addfac 18aac 1" in the console, this should be one step above neutral.
18aac is the faction code for marakarth guards.
— Unsigned comment by 184.108.40.206 (talk) at 13:07 on 26 January 2012
Affects other questsEdit
This problem is happening to me, and is close to spoiling my game. I did the Cahidna mine quest, and ran with the Forsworn to their cave. On returning to Markarth, a guard stopped me and arrested me. This happens everytime o enter the city. Every option just continues the loop of "what's the problem". I now cannot enter Markarth. This has come to some misfortune, as now I cannot start the Daedric quest "house of horrors" as Vigilant Tyranus will attack me on sight. (however, this problem may have occured before the Forsworn conspiracy). I am on xbox, so cannot use console commands, and refuse to reaload my character as I am so far ahead in the game. Is there a straight forward way I cam deal with this, or am I just a wanted man of Markarth for eternity? — Unsigned comment by 220.127.116.11 (talk) at 23:02 on 30 January 2012
already killed barkful the beast and lost the keyEdit
i already killed barkful the beast and lost the key so i cant finish the quest,and way to smuggle it into the prison,like 100 saves ago so cant go back. also when i go into dialogue with a guard and opt to go to prison when hes finished talking,and supposed to send me to prison he says "whats the problem" and then i have to do dialogue again!!!plz help. — Unsigned comment by 18.104.22.168 (talk) at 19:31 on 1 February 2012
Markarth Guard Dialogue Loop FixedEdit
As the name of the section implies, I've recently applied the new patch (v22.214.171.124.4, PS3), and I've noticed that the dialogue glitch that was plaguing Markarth after the Forsworn Conspiracy questline has now been taken care of. Can anyone else confirm this on their platform? Perhaps it ought to be mentioned on either this page or the No One Escapes Cidhna Mine quest page?126.96.36.199 06:14, 10 February 2012 (UTC)
- How did you install the new patch? I just installed a new version but it hasn't helped anything. — Unsigned comment by 188.8.131.52 (talk) at 19:10 on 16 February 2012
Markarth Glitch fixed!Edit
I am playing now, and the glitch is fixed. If I go to Markarth, the guards run up to me and a new option to pay off my bounty is available, and it works. About time. — Unsigned comment by 184.108.40.206 (talk) at 01:21 on 13 February 2012
PS3 Markarth Glitched FixedEdit
With the new patch, the option to pay off your bounty in the Markarth city is now available. PS3 version 2-15-2012 — Unsigned comment by 220.127.116.11 (talk) at 04:38 on 16 February 2012
- xbox 360 player, having completed the main quest line and many other side quests i decided to spend some of my loot, having grafted for my 100k bonus i was delighted when i saw my home in MARKARTH. Well i knew the place was bad, i always had that feeling, not sure why ? NOw i Know.....
- having just googled i discover after the event that the place is bugged.....i got fed up of talking to the guards to pay a bounty i never even committed. i had a blemish of just a few hmmm murder's ....well i have just killed the lot of guards that attack me, then i got another message saying the bounty was lifted, so i returned to pay homage to my Jarl and they all attacked me again. i managed to escape, i ran away much to the disgust of my amazing follower, she was happy to just keep on attacking them..anyway i have a home in hell and a home in Solitude which cost 3 x as much and is not as useful.. is there a fix, i realise mostly aimed at pc play, however i am on the xbox. i suspect it fails because when the guards trapped me on the quest to find evidence against the silver -bloods i escaped the shrine and only surrended After i ran into too many guards and this led me to jail and the escape from the mine quest.......i have saved skyrim from Dragons and crazy occultist's , i have stopped the war and now i just want to enjoy my gardening, but not while Markarth still stands.....let is be known i will not take an arrow in the knee for this ......my companion and i in full 1215 point metal armour with 186 point soul catching swords will prevail---- — Unsigned comment by 18.104.22.168 (talk) at 20:23 on 18 February 2012
I had this glitch occur and managed to fix it with the method of going to the temple of Talos undetected to interact with the guards there. I think it was completely fixed (able to incur a small bounty and pay it off), but after downloading the new patch, any bounty incurred (murder, assault, theft) is again resulting in guards attacking me with absolutely no dialogue options. Has anybody else encountered this or have a solution to fix it?
I'm trying to kill Grim Shield-Maiden for the Dark Brotherhood contracts given by the Night Mother and can't do it without the guards flipping out on me. — Unsigned comment by 22.214.171.124 (talk) at 17:52 on 23 February 2012
How I fixed the glitch for Xbox 360Edit
For those who were as confused as I was about how to pay off your bounty with the Thieves Guild, I was finally able to accomplish this by doing numerous quests for the guild, not just by joining it.
At the time I was able to pay my bounty, I had completed the Thieves Guild main quest up through Dampened Spirits. I had just completed the second special task given by Delvin Mallory for restoring the Thieves Guild. These tasks are assigned to you after completing 5 of the random jobs given to you by Vex and Delvin in a single hold.
This level of progress for restoring the guild is my best guess at why I was suddenly able to pay my bounty upon fast traveling to Markarth and immediately being stopped by a guard, this time giving me the option to pay my exact bounty. I therefore recommend that when taking this route to fix the glitch, you avoid Markarth as much as possible until you've restored the guild at least halfway, in order to avoid having to pay an excessive bounty.
Another note, there is a much less likely possibility that my leveling was the cause of my ability to pay the bounty, as I had also just reached level 50, but I highly doubt this is the case.
A final word, as I am not sure if I've seen any posts about how to avoid this glitch in the future, I believe the cause is attacking the Markarth Guards upon ending the quest No One Escapes Cidna Mine. It is very misleading, but if I recall correctly, none of them were actually attacking me when I left the mine, I just assumed they would so I attacked them. I have a feeling if you simply leave them alone, you may be spared of having to deal with this glitch with future characters. 126.96.36.199 03:10, 1 March 2012 (UTC)
'Unique City' quoteEdit
"Markarth is a unique city in that a great many citizens may get killed depending on the choices that you make during quests"
I couldn't find a standard "how" or "expand" or "moreinfo" wiki template, so I added a question mark.
Anyway, what I am after is this: please give more info for a general statement like that. For instance:
- which citizens are at "risk" of getting killed (by quest choices specifically, not random killing)?
- which choices of which quests get Markath citizens killed and how?
Other relevant questions include:
- how do you minimize these deaths? how do you maximize them? — Unsigned comment by 188.8.131.52 (talk) at 09:33 on 1 March 2012 (UTC)
- Great question! Lucky for you I can shed some light on this. Any NPC in Markarth that is listed as being in the MS02VictimsFaction is scripted to be killed if you aid the forsworn during the quest No One Escapes Cidhna Mine for example Mulush gro-Shugurz is a member of this faction. Unfortunately there is a chance that NPC not included within this faction still have small chance of being killed an example of this would be Ghorza gra-Bagol who may occasionally be killed if her AI decides to retaliate agents the forsworn. This can of course be avoided if you choose not to aid the forsworn. Alternatively console commands can be used to toggle these an other NPC as essential, preventing their deaths. As for the other quests:
- --Thuraya Salaris 09:33, 1 March 2012 (UTC)
- Thank yopu for your reply. Since I would like to mark these NPCs (here on the main Markarth page) in the same manner as the few NPCs already marked, I have a few additional questions:
- 1) is there an easier way to find out all the members of a certain faction (than having to click all their individual pages)?
- 2) how are the Forsworn Conspiracy NPC deaths implemented? (Are they part of a faction? Are they placed in such a way they get killed "incidentally" much like Ghorza?) In short, is there a way to find out which 8 NPCs short of actually playing (and replaying) the acual scene?
- Thanks for Taste of Death/House of Horrors. Of course I knew about these already. I'll add this info to the burgeoning list on the page.
- 184.108.40.206 14:27, 2 March 2012 (UTC)
- As you can see, I've added notes !1 and !2 to the Markath People table. Now, as I said above, for !3 and !4: the Cidhna Mine and Conspiracy casualties I need help...! :) 220.127.116.11 14:38, 2 March 2012 (UTC)
- I figured out how to list all members of that faction (creating an account, and clicking "what links here" from the un-redirected faction page) CapnZapp 16:38, 2 March 2012 (UTC)
- As you can see, I've added notes !1 and !2 to the Markath People table. Now, as I said above, for !3 and !4: the Cidhna Mine and Conspiracy casualties I need help...! :) 18.104.22.168 14:38, 2 March 2012 (UTC)
Temple of Mara Forsworn Conspiracy GlitchEdit
After investgating everyone as instructed I returned to the Temple of Mara to speak to Eltrys as instructed. When I entered I saw that Eltrys was dead before the altar and there were TWO Markarth guards there and ONE imperial soldier. The imperial soldier just wanted to talk to me about the state of the war. There were no other dialog options and the guards didn't offer dialog options. I could loot Eltrys and do nothing else. There was no way to progress in the quest because the middle guard that initiates the "go to jail" dialog wasn't even there. I am not sure if I had left and found some other way to be sent to jail if I could have continued the quest; but I suspected something was wrong (not having been spoilered and not knowing what was really supposed to happen) and from a previous save point I returned to the temple before really investigating anybody to find the three guards there as they should be with the proper dialog that sent me to jail and allowed me to complete the quest (once again repeated twice beause the first time I wasn't satisfied with the result of letting the forsworn out and repeated the second time killing them all instead for a more satisfactory result).
So to summarize: it appears that it is possible for an imperial soldier to appear instead of the middle guard in the Temple of Mara which prevents the dialog which sends you to jail, and unless there is another way to get into the mines with the forsworn prisoner (such as being sent to jail for normal reasons), the quest cannot be completed. — Unsigned comment by 22.214.171.124 (talk) at 19:00 on 2 March 2012
Peaceful guards, but Jarl, thalmor, and Jarl's housecarl all attack.Edit
I escaped prison and all that jazz.
Then i started two missions for the jarl. one to kill a forsworn leader, another to retrieve his father's shield. He made me a thane after helping people and buying a house. All was well. the jarl even apologized to me. i even helped the thalmor find the talos evidence he wanted. then i was on a bounty mission to kill a forsworn as ordered by the jarls uncle/servant. upon returning to collect the bounty. the jarl, thalmor leader, and jarl's housecarl all attacked me. the weird thing is, the guards sit and watch with no consequence. i can sneak over to the uncle/servant, and collect my bounty, and i can trade with the orc smith, but i can't be seen by those 3 guys. even the thalmor's cronies don't attack. can anyone help? — Unsigned comment by 126.96.36.199 (talk) at 05:17 on 5 March 2012
- I'm having almost the same problem, only I just entered Markarth, and once the Thalmor or jarl attacks, everyone attacks. I loaded the game that saved when I entered the keep, and left, and then the Vigilante guy attacked me and guards just stand there. This is my second play through, and ive never had this problem before. What gives? (and sorry if I did this wrong, i'm on my phone and its being difficult..) -Rei188.8.131.52 22:31, 15 March 2012 (UTC)
How to get rid Glitch Guard in Markarth [PC]Edit
1) head to markarth main gate. 2) kill all guards only(outside or inside). 3) head to shrine of talos again and meet the 3 guards who suspected you and trying to capture you. 4) in conversation pick "..." and "what happen to eltrys" 5) kill all of them in shrine of talos. 6) get out, their will be a guard somewhere inside in markarth, go find it. 7) pick the conversation "submit to jail" 8) serve your lifetime in jail in markarth. 9) peace and quiet.
It work for me in PC for others..I'm not too sure.. — Unsigned comment by 184.108.40.206 (talk) at 17:06 on 21 March 2012
- I think most of the glitches for this quest are patched or will be patched by the next update arriving soon. If you are on PC you could probably also just use the console. RIM 17:27, 21 March 2012 (UTC)
Simple fix for "Can't buy Markarth house"Edit
I found the easiest fix of all on the "Skyrim:Vlindrel Hall" page that actually works and doesn't require doing all types of other trouble shooting and attempted fixes. I of course found this after exhausting all other ways to fix this glitch. You can visit the "Skyrim:Vlindrel Hall" page or I copied the info below as it seemed to me that it should be on this page considering how much this page has on the topic. All you have to do is this.
Open console "`" and you can enter "setstage Favor250 15" (without quotes) which will advance the quest to the "help x citizens" stage. Speak with the Jarl to become thane and afterwards speak with Raerek. The option to buy the house should re-appear.
note: I had finishes the red eagle, retrieving the jarls shield and all other quests from the jarl before doing this. ~GanjaGuy — Unsigned comment by 220.127.116.11 (talk) on 11 May 2012
Hey guys same thing happened to me however when I enter Markarth it won't let me wield my weapon, use and shouts or magic or anything. — Unsigned comment by 18.104.22.168 (talk) at 00:13 on 27 August 2012
stuck stage 220 cant get pardonEdit
first in response to post above No wielding that happens to me like 95% of the time when I first get locked up in the No escape from Cidhna quest if your on PC just open console and type enableplayercontrols
Now for my problem Ok Ive gone through Cidhna like 20 times this play through just trying to escape potentially bug free even though the rest of markarth is broken for me Id at least like to escape if possible. I thought I did it this time I got the ring from Thonar but Im still stuck in stage 220 escape from cidhna and setstage dont work usually I get stuck in stage 230 Just a blank stage between reading madanochs letter and escaping If i do manage to reach 250 on rare occassions the full pardon by thonar I dont get none of my gear back from him or my quest items or reward. Any work around? as I said setstage just dont work here at least for me ms01 I can kinda buggy though as for cidhna ms02 its impossible and If I resetquest it just sticks to 0 and I cant advance it any further one time I reset then setstage 5 maybe or 10 I forget and it through me back in jail but thats the only time it worked but then I had lost all the equip I got from the king plus the key to the cell and door so it was pointless — Unsigned comment by 22.214.171.124 (talk) at 20:45 on 6 September 2012
No one escapes MarkarthEdit
Because when I try to leave I get an infinite load. Has anyone else had this issue and/or found a solution? — Unsigned comment by 126.96.36.199 (talk) at 02:12 on 1 March 2013
- Just fixed that issue by removing the file Data/textures/terrain/tamriel/trees/tamrieltreelod.dds, from SFO. Here's where I got the advice: http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/928826-cant-leave-markarth/page-3 — Unsigned comment by 188.8.131.52 (talk) at 22:30 on 12 June 2013
Markarth Guards won't stop spawning!?Edit
Has anyone else ever had a problem with Markarth Guards spawning under the black smith's building? I have about fifty guards running around right now and have no clue what to do about it. — Unsigned comment by 184.108.40.206 (talk) at 08:48 on 9 April 2013
Markarth Guards attack me on sight.Edit
I only have a forty gold bounty in Markarth. I want to pay off the bounty but whenever I go there the guards attack me on sight instead of attempting to arrest me. — Unsigned comment by 220.127.116.11 (talk) at 23:04 on 13 May 2013
Markarth House TroubleEdit
I'm not able to buy a house in Markarth like a lot of you, the problem is I'm lvl 51 now and that problem started at lvl 37...so im obviously not going back all that way. HELP?! — Unsigned comment by 18.104.22.168 (talk) at 17:01 on 11 June 2013
Can't Load MarkarthEdit
Trying to get all the trophies on PS3 yet oblivion walker requires me too enter Markarth for two of the daedric artefacts. The mace of Molag Bal and the Ring of Namira. However, whenever I try and enter Markarth e.g. fast travel to Markath even at the gate I get an infinite loading screen and after a few seconds the music stops, and I don't wish to go back to when I wasn't getting the problem as it will take me a large proportion back to stages where I won't even have done a large majority of other quests and some of the daedric related quests. Any help appreciated. — Unsigned comment by 22.214.171.124 (talk) at 21:12 on 4 July 2013
Foresworn Conspiracy / High Markarth BountyEdit
Ok lets just say I have a personal issue with the law in The Reach (thats where I go to let off steam) and have a bounty well in excess of 50,000 gold. I've killed all the guards in Markarth several times and Bounty Collectors dont even bother coming after me, guards will often run when they see me. I tried to complete Foresworn Conspiracy which of course after killing everyone in Markarth several times comes with it's own unrelated issues. However in Foresworn Conspiracy I am supposed to get evidence by pickpocketing one of the guys in the Treasury House - and he is unkillable. He attacks me on sight and seeing as he is, well, unkillable I can't get the note I need for evidence.
is there any way to complete this quest? Are the quests down this line worth dropping what will likely be 100,000 gold by the time I end up caring enough to bother. — Unsigned comment by 126.96.36.199 (talk) at 18:23 on 29 July 2013
- Please see the respective quest page for information. And for pickpocketing an essential NPC: be creative and use a calm spell, for example. -- SarthesArai Talk 20:21, 29 July 2013 (GMT)
- thanks, i will try that. Im not much of a mage, but i have a lot of scrolls and three runes of bend will. Maybe that will work.
every time i go to markarth city the guards confront me and say that i commited a crime, so when i go to say i'll pay money thay wont even let me do that, and then says that the crime in other words is pertty much unforgivible. so then i just say well "take me to jail", so then they say "you'll never see the sun again", but then i get the oppion to say "whats the matter" and its the same question aksed all over again. but still they never even send or take me to jail. i cant even remember what the crime was, or if it was one of the missions i did and now i cant even go to that city without beging asked all these questions. and the only way to get out of the questions is either press "B" and run or fight with them, or say " id rather die then got to jail", and run or fight with them , so im stuck!