The Blood Dragon encounter apparently is not forced - I did not have one, but I wasn't very advanced in the main quest (letting the Whiterun Troops wait for me while I buy property in Solitude). With level 18 maybe the leves was too low as well? --220.127.116.11 01:09, 17 November 2011 (UTC)
- I've yet to run into a single dragon in Rorikstead. No, it is not forced. KrisCrash 22:25, 13 January 2012 (UTC)
 console location code
- It has been added by someone. Wolok gro-Barok 22:28, 13 January 2012 (UTC)
 Holdings book
The article says the Holdings book probably made a mistake in saying Rorikstead was there back then. Why would a book mistake a town for being there that never had been there and wouldn't be there until far in the future? The only rational explanation to this is that the town eventually got handed down to another Rorik and the current Rorik doesn't know his history properly. — Unsigned comment by 18.104.22.168 (talk) at 10:18 on 5 February 2012 (UTC)
- I would think it much more likely that Rorik's Steading the town listed in the book was destroyed and much later Rorik bought the land and rebuilt it. Lord Eydvar 20:20, 24 February 2012 (UTC)
- To further complicate matters, Rorikstead is mentioned in "Atlas of Dragons" written early in the 2nd Era. This means we have at least two sources that place a settlement called Rorikstead in the general vicinity of Rorikstead many centuries before the man Rorik was born. (Pilaf The Defiler) — Unsigned comment by 22.214.171.124 (talk) at 04:36 on 25 November 2012
 story left untold?
Am I the only one thinking that Rorikstead is strangely quest-less...?
Why is Rorikstead so successful in growing crops?
What's the truth behind Rorik's story? How could he buy worthless land and turn it into such good farmland? Why name one of the game villages after an NPC, when he (Rorik) has next to no story (no quests, no development)?
Is there a connection to what happened at Lund's Hut? Why doesn't any of the Rorikstead inhabitants even mention Lund?
I'm getting a definitive "unfinished" vibe here, and would like to ask if there is any tangible info (at all) regarding this place?
- There might be left some space for a possible plug-in there, or maybe as you seem to think, an unfinished quest or two, but all this can only be speculations. Would be well fit for discussion on the forums, though. —MortenOSlash (talk) 10:48, 24 November 2012 (GMT)
- No you're absolutely right. The writers don't repeat things like "never once had a bad crop here, we're just lucky" without a reason. Obviously there was going to be a quest where the (dark) secret behind that ostensible fortuitousness was revealed. It's a fairly classic plotline. 126.96.36.199 11:04, 9 March 2013 (GMT)
 Name Mentioned in Old Text
I have noticed that in the book read by Delphine in Whiterun after completing the "Bleakfalls Barrow" quest mentions a town known as Rorik's Steading. This doesn't seem to be mentioned anywhere in the article. 188.8.131.52 01:51, 23 March 2013 (GMT)