Skyrim talk:Sovngarde (quest)
 Title change
The title of this article needs to be changed to Sovngarde (quest) to distinguish it from Sovngarde (location). I don't believe I'm allowed to do that, so I'd like someone else to. BurningMan 17:15, 15 November 2011 (UTC)
- I was thinking the same, we need a quest and lore version of this article. After all, Sovngarde is a Nordish version of Valhalla...--Arkhon 06:51, 22 November 2011 (UTC)
 Just thinking
- Dumb question, he is already in Nordish heaven, how can you kill him twice? --Arkhon 04:19, 22 December 2011 (UTC)
- Obviously you can send him to Meta-Sovngarde. And then after Alduin flees to Meta-Sovngarde, you can follow him there and kill Ulfric a third time to send him to Meta-Meta-Sovngarde! --Aquillion 07:17, 23 December 2011 (UTC)
 Guild Master affecting dialogue
I was going through the main quest after i completed the mages guild quests and it turns out you can say other things before you battle Tsun, going through the game again, and i'll add the dialogue for all the guildsAddictng 13:52, 12 December 2011 (UTC)
- That would be most appreciated. When I went through Tsun's dialogue I saw the option about Nocturnal (I am the Master of the Thieves Guild), but I didn't choose it. Now I am past it and didn't have a save to revert to, and I would really like to know what the dialogue for that option is. --Joelslaw 22:54, 29 December 2011 (UTC)
I have most of the dialogues before "Can I enter the Hall of Valor?". I don't know if the dialogues are the same after that. I didn't want to reload after each fight. As for the following, you can cancel and choose a different option without reloading.
- "By the right of birth. I am Dragonborn."
- "Ah! It's been too long since last I faced a doom-driven hero of the dragon blood."
- "By right of glory. I lead the Companions of Jorrvaskr."
- "I welcome the chance to challenge the blade of Ysgramor's heir, honored shield-brother to Kodlak Whitemane, whom I've watched for in vain."
- Mage College:
- "By right of Cleverness. I am Master of the College of Winterhold."
- "Well met, mage of Skyrim. The Nords may have forgotten their forefather's respect for the Cleaver Craft, but your comrades throng this hall. Here in Shor's house we honor it still."
- Dark brotherhood:
- "By right of blood. I listen for the Night Mother."
- "You trespass here, shadow-walker, Shor does not know you. Perhaps before the end you will earn the right to pass this way. Welcome I do not offer, but your errand I will not hinder, if my wrath you can withstand."
- "By right of plunder. I am a Nightingale of Nocturnal."
- "Do not mistake the night-shrouded thief's stealthily taken spoils stolen and unearned, for a warrior's plunder, won in honorable battle. Your doom already binds you to your dark mistress, but your errand I will not hinder, if my wrath you can withstand."
Tsun thinks my character will let the daedra or aedra claim his soul. No, he'll follow Talos' footsteps and become the tenth.:D (ZekunD 14:49, 11 January 2012 (UTC)) Screw becoming an aedra, I'm following in the footsteps of the champion of cyrodiil. Just got to figure out which daedric lord to usurp...Theskyrimnerd 04:50, 18 January 2012 (UTC)
 Clear skies
Using clear skies seems to prevent Alduin from eating soldiers. Can anyone confirm this?--AtrumVentus 11:27, 31 January 2012 (UTC)
- Yes, I used clear skies frequently and as far as I could see no soldiers were consumed. --Hochspitz (talk) 09:38, 10 March 2013 (GMT)
With me there is no mist at all so for a long time I wondered what everyone was talking about until I learned that it was not how is was mean to be looking. Is there anyway to change this? — Unsigned comment by 184.108.40.206 (talk) at 10:34 on 6 February 2012
- Indeed. Once I installed the new NVIDIA drivers that are supposed to run Skyrim much faster (295.73), the mist at Sovngarde utterly disappeared. If I hadn't done the battle before, the repeated demands to use the Clear Skies shout would have been very puzzling. --220.127.116.11 10:04, 2 March 2012 (UTC)
 What is Olaf doing here?
I fought that guy as a Dragur, you know the traitors cursed with undeath? Why the hell would he be allowed in Sovngarde? (I know the answer to this is probably, "Video Game Writing")--RumblePen 23:16, 21 March 2012 (UTC)
- Well, we never get the official version of what he did, we only have the unreliable legend and the bard's version which has been so damaged that's it's really no help and might have been slander in any case. Sovngarde is for all who fight and die bravely in battle, no matter the cause, which is why you can see both Stormcloaks and Imperials there. So even if he was a jerk, if he died in glorious combat, he gets to swig mead out of golden chalices forever. I'm just disappointed he has no dialog options. Why can't I ask him wtf really happened with Numinex? GrogGrogGrog 23:55, 21 March 2012 (UTC)
 watched in vain for Kodlak Whitemane
I wonder why Tsun says he has watched for Kodlak in vain... when you have finished the Companions questline, Kodlak is already in Sovngarde, and Tsun should have met him not long ago. — Unsigned comment by WooShell (talk • contribs) at 14:59 on May 7, 2012
- "I welcome the chance to challenge the blade of Ysgramor's heir, honored shield-brother/sister to Kodlak Whitemane, whom I've watched for in vain."
- You could reword that to say "I welcome the chance to challenge the blade of Ysgramor's heir, whom I've watched for in vain."
- He's watched for Ysgramor's heir, which just so happens to be you. He hasn't been watching for Kodlak. Vely►Talk►Email 20:55, 7 May 2012 (UTC)