Skyrim talk:The Eye of Magnus
 Possible bug / unintended feature
During the fight, one of the College members had the brilliant idea of casting Command Humanoid some 15 or so seconds into the fight. Apparently it worked. Shortest boss fight ever :) Jimhsu 02:21, 16 November 2011 (UTC)
- Command Humanoid exists in Skyrim?! If so, it's annoying that others can cast this and you can't. On an unrelated note: Ancano's a prick. I "rewarded" him by trapping his soul in Wuuthrad, making it even deadlier to his kind. 188.8.131.52 20:06, 8 December 2011 (UTC)
 Time to sleep? Another bug?
I arrived Winterhold at around 5 am. Heading into the Hall of Attainment, I found the three students(Brelyna Maryon, J'zargo and Onmund) lying in the bed. However they were not actually sleeping because when you try to talk with them, they just wouldn't get up but talked as normal.--FelixH 20:08, 28 January 2012 (UTC)
Apparently nobody but me had any difficulty in breaching the wall. --184.108.40.206 11:21, 26 February 2012 (UTC)
 Fast Travel
Is it worth noting you cannot fast travel to the collage after you get the staff.--Vanus Galerion 22:42, 1 March 2012 (UTC)
 Bug - Eye
No matter how long I use the Staff of Magnus on the Eye, Ancano remains invincible. I've tried this for over an 1 1/2. And yes, I have tried reloading. Nothing seems to work. :/
- I encountered this bug a short while ago on my mage. I eventually resorted to summoning a dremora lord to distract him for a little while I healed up, they could damage him and managed to make short work of my problem. (220.127.116.11 17:58, 18 June 2012 (UTC))
Is the position of Arch-Mage, the key to the Arch-Mage's Quarters, and the Archmage's robes, or any or all of them, "officially" considered a/the rewards for the quest? --JRTalk E-mail 13:12, 4 June 2012 (UTC)
- Well, they are given to the player at the end of the quest, and they function as rewards, so I dare say that yes, these would be considered the official rewards. For instance, the reward for the quest Death Incarnate is the Blade of Woe but this isn't properly given to the player through dialogue - they pick it up, a little ways before the end of the quest. However, in all respects the Blade of Woe is a reward. I think the same logic applies here, except with the added note that it is given to the player as a reward through dialogue. • JATalk 14:39, 4 June 2012 (UTC)
- OK. Thanks. Hmm... Come to think of it, you get those things immediately AFTER completing the quest. I wonder if it would be inappropriate "spoiling" to put them as rewards in the quest summary. And perhaps the reward that makes the most sense is ... The Staff of Magnus? I dunno. I'll let someone else decide. --JRTalk E-mail 15:03, 4 June 2012 (UTC)
- Oh. I see you added them. What about the position of Arch-Mage itself? See the last quest stage. --JRTalk E-mail 15:20, 4 June 2012 (UTC)
"At that point, Ancano can continue to draw power from the Eye until this point, after which you can attack and kill him." Can anyone decipher this? 18.104.22.168 02:26, 10 July 2012 (UTC)
- I have no idea what was meant. I took a qualified guess to clear it up. The Silencer speaksTalk 02:39, 10 July 2012 (UTC)
 Dealing with the battle and the bugs.
The battle scene is computationally a monster. There are NPC scripts being ran, the script on the Eye, a script on Ancano, a script on Tolfdir, quite a few monsters present and a script constantly spawning more, and more scripts waiting in the wings to run. All that on top of some pretty sophisticated graphics rendering on the Eye. If you go charging in with guns blazing with a high level character loaded with gear and weapons that require more computations, expect things to get buggy and possibly not run at all.
The best work around if bugs develop is to reload then enter slowly. Stay out of the center area and observe that the correct dialogues take place. Use the staff sparingly and get the Eye to close initially then hit Ancano hard with physical or magical damage. If that has no effect you can either reload and try again or just concentrate on keeping the Eye closed while the monsters and NPCs resolve the battle. Sniffles 11:55, 16 August 2012 (UTC)