Skyrim talk:Thieves Guild (faction)
|Archive 1: Nov 2011 - Jan 2012|
|Archive 2: Nov 2011 - May 2012|
 Problem with items not appearing after doing the requisite amount of side jobs.
|This has been marked as a question that needs to be answered.|
Hi, as the subject title says I've been doing the various side jobs (ie. Numbers Jobs, Burglary Jobs, etc.) and managed to get up to the Jeweled Flagon upon completing 55 jobs. I kept doing them, keeping track manually of how many I'd completed, working my way up to 75 for the Jeweled Pitcher. However even after reaching that number it didn't show up. My question is: Is anybody else having this problem? And would the safe unlock if I just kept doing jobs regardless of the pitcher not showing up? I'm on the 360 otherwise I could just easily use the console to put it there, but alas I can't. Any help would be much appreciated.--22.214.171.124 00:04, 12 April 2012 (UTC)
- having the same problem, also on a 360. any known fix w/out a console command? cant do those on x-box. — Unsigned comment by 126.96.36.199 (talk) at 14:43 on 26 May 2012
- Same problem here, also on Xbox. I'm currently working my way up to 125 to see if this 'safe' appears and the pitcher along with it. (UPDATE) I completed the 125 jobs to get the safe but still no pitcher. This may be a glitch/bug that should be put on the page. — Unsigned comment by 188.8.131.52 (talk) at 15:30 on 11 June 2012
- Same problem, also on Xbox. By my count, I've done 87 jobs, and all of my items have shown up properly except the jeweled pitcher. Sounds like a bug to me, possibly specific to Xbox.username12345 09:10, 12 June 2012 (UTC)
- Same problem exists on the PS3. Seems to be an overall bug. 184.108.40.206 08:09, 30 June 2012 (UTC)
(←) Alright, playing on the PC here and ran into the same problem as you guys, so I blasted through another bunch of the quests using the console and can confirm that the safe does appear, but the Jewelled Flagon still hasn't appeared. I'm assuming it's supposed to appear on the bottom of the left shelf since nothing is there. Burrich 18:44, 14 June 2012 (UTC)
- Pretty sure this isn't the cause but might as well throw it out there anyway. The items are fixed to the shelf and are takable. Is it possible that a member of the thief's guild could of picked it up due to their behaviour? --SamGhadiali 16:20, 18 June 2012 (UTC)
- With the exception of the safe, the freeform job rewards cannot be interacted with and therefore cannot be stolen by the player or any other guild member. What seems to be happening here is a script failure where the pitch isn't scripted correctly to spawn the Jeweled Flagon. Someone on this site with access to the CK could likely confirm this. Garland the Elder 14:47, 4 August 2012 (UTC)
 Fences won't give me gold for items I sell
Right now, my character is the Guild Master for the Thieves Guild, has the Crown of Barenziah, and most of the treasures. But whenever I sell an item (such as jewels and stolen trinkets) I don't receive the gold that I was supposed to get. Now I have to add up the respective gold I was supposed to earn and add it in via console commands. Can someone please explain to me why this happens and/or how to fix it? — Unsigned comment by 220.127.116.11 (talk) at 16:39 on 21 April 2012
 "Safe" After 125 Jobs
Could somebody clarify what exactly that is? The word "safe" is EXTREMELY vague and ambiguous in this context. For example, do you mean "safe" as in a locking box where money is stored, or "safe" as in that it's a safe container that never respawns?
Better yet, just specify how frequently (if ever) this "safe" respawns. I.e. is it 2 days, 30 days, never, etc? That's really critical information for anyone trying to decide if doing the 125 jobs necessary to acquire it is really worth the time and effort. Right now the article is not helpful at all in this regard. 18.104.22.168 02:12, 6 June 2012 (UTC)
- It's referring to a locking box where money is stored. I don't know the answer to whether or not it respawns, so hopefully someone else can clear that up for you. When we have that info, it will be added to the article. ABCface◥ 02:22, 6 June 2012 (UTC)
- It looks like all six safes in skyrim do not respawn. But I am not 100% sure if the location overrides this, the cistern respawns after 10 days. The Silencer has spokenTalk 02:25, 6 June 2012 (UTC)
- I know this question was asked a while ago but I have the answer at least for the Xbox version, the Safe in the Thieves Guild does respawn Gold after staying out of the Cistern for 1 week game time. Since I am only on my first play through on the PC I cannot say if it respawns or not. --
 Ragged Flagon Merchants
I was looking at which special city quest has to be done to get the corresponding merchant out of interest whilst I was doing Vex and Delvin's quest. My first special job was in Whiterun and this unlocked the Fletcher (Syndius) which the article state that you have to do Windhelms special mission. My second special job was for Solitude which unlocked the apothecary as stated in the article. But then my third special job in Windhelm unlocked Arnskar Ember-Master which in the article states that Markarth is supposed to be completed to unlock this merchant.
Is it not possible that the merchants are unlocked in the order stated on the page (Fletcher, Apothecary, Blacksmith and Armorer) as oppose to by city?--SamGhadiali 16:16, 18 June 2012 (UTC)
 Possible fix for items falling off of shelf
I realized that the command 'recycleactor' works for these items as well, but I am not sure if they will disappear like if they are moved in-game.-Sean- 09:10, 30 June 2012 (UTC)
- I second that. Lately I was very frustrated at how 3-4 items behind Mercer's desk keep falling off (the Model Ship and EETC Map for example). I manually place these back, but they fall to the floor again whenever I re-enter the Cistern. However, when the 'recycleactor' command is used, the items will remain on the shelves each time I return there. Now I'm just glad that everything is very neatly arranged. Many thanks! --Psylocke 19:51, 3 July 2012 (UTC)
 Quicksave/Load For Delvin and Vex's Jobs
I'm not sure if this still works as of 1.6 on PC unless I'm somehow doing it wrong. "If you quicksave immediately after the dialogue ends, and before the quest is displayed on screen, you can quickload until you get a quest in the city you want." I was spamming the save button and saved before it told me which city the quest would take place in. However, when I reload, the quest remains the same. I don't get a different quest. 22.214.171.124 10:23, 23 July 2012 (UTC)
- I have Xbox, and the same happens to me. Same city appears, dven though I follow the instructions. I think it should be removed. 126.96.36.199 21:51, 22 August 2012 (UTC)
- Hi guys. It works as described for me. After accepting, press E or mouse click as fast as possible in order to close dialog and be able to quicksave. Spam quicksave fast after the "dialog screen" disappears to get a save fast. If you stay in the conversation too long the quest locatio will pop up and you won't be able to do the trick. — Unsigned comment by 188.8.131.52 (talk) at 19:22 on 24 February 2013
 Etienne Rarnis
After freeing Etienne Rarnis in the quest "Diplomatic Immunity," he joins the other Thieves Guild recruits in the Ragged Flagon Cistern. Seeing as how Garthar and Ravyn Imyan are listed in the "Upgrading the Thieves Guild" table, he might be worth adding to this table as well. None of these men provide services but rather serve as visual confirmation of the guild's growing influence. I suspect this may be the reason Etienne was left out of the table in the first place, as he is not acquired through a thieves guild quest but rather a main quest. Perhaps he does not belong on the table, but I thought the idea was worth bringing up. Garland the Elder 10:13, 1 August 2012 (UTC)
- I agree that maybe Etienne shouldn't be added to the table, but he probably deserves a mention in the Notes section. --XyzzyTalk 17:23, 1 August 2012 (UTC)
 Trophies for small jobs do not show up
I have encountered a bug where small jobs do not generate trophies (candlestick, drinking horn, etc). I got all larceny targets (I do see the trophies for these) and also completed the "special" quests for each hold. So I should have done at least 20 quests (and I probably did at least twice this probably). I have no idea where I would look to see my current number of completed small jobs. I am guessing there is a hidden quest that unlocks the trophy items items. What should I do? White Cat 09:56, 19 August 2012 (UTC)
- I was able to make them show up with the console command "prid e8eff" followed by enable, but I do not know which ones I "earned". I will still like to know what (quest) "stage" enables these or at least a way to know my stats for these small jobs (I really do not want to manually count them in the quest log). White Cat 10:10, 19 August 2012 (UTC)
- Codes to console-force the objects to appear have been added to the bugs section, so this information is not lost if/when the forum cleans up old topics.
- This source states "getglobalvalue TGRMasterTotal" to get the total number of completions which revealed to me I had 44 jobs complete. "sqs TGREnableHandler" fails to work though so I do not know what stages to set.
- White Cat 10:27, 19 August 2012 (UTC)
 Jobs and No One Escapes Cidhna Mines
Maybe is worth a warning that following the quests that takes you to "No One Escapes Cidhna Mines" will make any current guild jobs in Markarth fail. It may be obvious by the conditions but you can be easily taken by the wave. LukeH 13:07, 20 August 2012 (UTC)
 Trainers do not offer Training dialogue option
All of the trainers in the Thieves Guild area still say their "If you want XXX training, come see me" line, but when talking to them there is no dialogue option for training. This appears to be affecting all of the Thieves Guild trainers, but other trainers outside of the faction work normally. It happened about the time I joined the Nightingales. Is this a known issue?
- what console? I'm on 360 with DG, HF, and all patches, Thieves Guild trainers work fine. Only time trainers stop offering training is if you're above their training limit. Lord Eydvar Talk | Contribs 07:26, 14 September 2012 (GMT)
 As If I Hadn't Done Any Jobs
Ran into a strange glitch today; when I went to hand in a pair of jobs for Vex and Delvin I handed in the quest as normal, but when I went to ask for a new job they both acted as if I'd never done any jobs before. There doesn't seem to have been any other side-effect, except that I was also able to tell Delvin I'd completed the Solitude special job, though I didn't receive any extra reward or anything as I'd already handed it.
Only thing I can think of that may have caused it is that since doing the special job in Solitude I've made the first attempt on the Emperor's life there, incurring a huge bounty that I've yet to pay off, but it didn't interfere with any of the active thieve's guild jobs at the time.
Anyone else encountered this and have any ideas what could have caused it? Is it worth mentioning that Delvin and Vex's job dialogue may reset on the page? -- Haravikk (talk) 22:07, 23 November 2012 (GMT)
- I'm starting to think that this may be tied to the bug that prevents some of the side-quest trophies from appearing, as I've only got up to the golden ship model, however I've definitely done more than 35 jobs (I always take two at a time and don't turn any down). I still have one special job to do, but I'm wondering if I'll still be able to unlock the safe after 125 jobs, or if I'll just be wasting my time? The dialogue for Delvin and Vex resetting is now happening nearly every time I return to the guild, which means I have to skip all their intro dialogue for each type of job. However, repeatedly turning in the Windhelm special job is giving me gold for it each time so it's not all bad… -- Haravikk (talk) 12:19, 25 November 2012 (GMT)
- Same thing here. However (for me) this does not only apply to Delvin and Vex but some other NPCs as well (most notably housecarls, Serana, Valerica and other Dawnguard NPCs (Dawnguard members keep yapping about the vampires being dead and stuff, which results in having to activate NPCs like Gunmar twice before we engage in conversation)). I don't think this is tied to the throphy bug as I never experienced anything like that so far on any character. What I believe is that it might be related to the Dawnguard DLC, as I began having this problem after I installed it.--Poekje (talk) 10:15, 15 February 2013 (GMT)
 Quest conflict with Blood on the Ice
I'm almost positive that the quest Blood on the Ice can easily cause a quest that requires no killing to fail, due to the citizens automatically being murdered. Notable?--Catmaniac66 (talk) 16:38, 24 November 2012 (GMT)
- Yeah I remember it was steal from Candlehearth Hall and one of the chicks who dies is from there. Not that it matters too much.--Catmaniac66 (talk) 03:02, 9 December 2012 (GMT)
 Experiencing an odd "reset" bug...
Every time I go back to turn in a radiant quest/job from Delvin or Vex, they talk to me after I get the reward like it's the first time I'm talking to them about jobs, and it's keeping me from being able to do any special jobs beyond the Solitude job (which I've already done). Also, I recently heard Vex and Delvin talking about the Goldenglow job (which I finished a LONG time ago), and Brynjolf talks as though I've already done all four special jobs and am the guildmaster (which I haven't, and I'm not. There is only one extra merchant in the Ragged Flagon to prove it.). Any way to fix this? I'm playing on PC and am quite sure I don't have any mods active that would mess with the Thieves Guild in any way. — Unsigned comment by 184.108.40.206 (talk) at 10:36 on 15 December 2012
 What if we want to take down the Thieves Guild?
Just putting that out there. Hopefully Bethesda will take note that some of us want the option to destroy the Thieves Guild in the same way that we can destroy the Dark Brotherhood. — Unsigned comment by 220.127.116.11 (talk) at 19:16 on 24 January 2013
- If on PC, there may be mods for that. Bethesda can't cater to everyone's wishes, hence why the modding community exists. If you'd like to share your opinions on this, though, please head to the Vely►t►e 19:28, 24 January 2013 (GMT) --this discussion page is for talk about improving the article.
 Speaking to Maul after joining guild
I have just spoke to Maul after becoming the guildmaster and now I have the quest of becoming a full member of the thieves guild quest showing up.
 Thief Cache upgrade?
(PS3) A bit of background: I've done all of the Thieves Guild questline with the sole exception of 125 side jobs (up to 35 or so last I checked), but all of the city-specific quests have been done, so all of the thief caches have shown up. This has been the case for quite some time, and I've gotten used to finding a couple of flawless gems (thank you, Prowler's Profit!), a potion or two, and the occasional set of random arrows in each barrel. Very recently, however, I've started to find a lot more in the caches. Specifically, they always contain: a modest number of Daedric arrows (this is at level 81), usually around 10; a selection of flawless and non-flawless gems, usually 1-2 each of nearly every type; a small number of lockpicks; and finally a randomly enchanted Daedric dagger (always Daedric, always enchanted). The regularity of the Daedric arrows and dagger was what tipped me off that something had changed about the caches, since before this change I was lucky to find any sort of weapon at all, and the arrows were not always Daedric. The only thing I can think of that would have impacted anything concerning the Thieves Guild recently is that I added Dragonborn and delivered a certain letter to a certain someone (I can be more specific, but it would be a small spoiler). Can anyone confirm that suspicion or figure out why else the contents of the caches have changed? Thanks in advance. 18.104.22.168 06:44, 18 February 2013 (GMT)
- ETA: The "other wiki" states that this happens naturally at higher levels (at least 57+), but I was at level 69 for ages and I wasn't finding this specific loot until much more recently. 22.214.171.124 23:21, 18 February 2013 (GMT)
 Special Jobs bug?
I've finished the thieves guild quests with original Skyrim, long ago. Haven't dona any further jobs. After I added Dawnguard and Dragonborn, I went back to the guild and accidentally talked to Devin Mallory. He had the dialogue options as if I was just finished special jobs. One for each city. When I choose these dialogues, he repeats the same again, and gives 500 gold reward for each city. Later I went back again to check this, and the options were there again. Checked this three or four times by now, and the dialogues are always coming back and there's always reward. Don't know if DB or GD caused this. 126.96.36.199 19:07, 11 April 2013 (GMT)
- I believe this is caused by DB. I have experienced it as well. Jeancey (talk) 19:10, 11 April 2013 (GMT)
 Quitting Special Job Quests
Under the "Special Job Quests" it says the following (relevant information is bolded)
- Note: If you quicksave immediately after the dialogue ends, and before the quest is displayed on screen, you can quickload until you get a quest in the city you want. This is useful to choose quickly only useful cities once you have already done some reputation quests. You can also simply quit the quests, which you can do an infinite number of times with no consequences.
I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure if you quit a job it takes the number of special job quests completed count down by 1, only really relevant if you're going for 125 jobs, but I figured it was worth asking if someone can confirm or deny. I'm playing on an Xbox 360 otherwise I would check the count myself.