Skyrim talk:Wolfskull Cave
There appears to be a bug preventing the game from flagging the dungeon as cleared. This after finishing the quest taking place in the cave. Anyone else getting this? Nim 17:14, 26 November 2011 (UTC)
- Yeah I'm pretty sure I cleared it, but it didn't say. Not that it matters though, when I went back to see if I missed something, everyone respawned already. Broxigar 13:37, 16 December 2011 (UTC)
- I've restored the clearable=1 flag on the page because even with new revisions to what makes a place clearable, this place still qualifies: it has a "Clearable" flag in the game data, and it has an official boss enemy (a bandit archer). I've now been able to explain every other place I know of where the clearable status had been questioned. So I'd like to get some more confirmation on this one place before declaring it unclearable. --NepheleTalk 04:03, 18 March 2012 (UTC)
- Oh, and another minor point that might be a bit more relevant than obscure game data flags: in my game, I have indeed cleared the cave. I just went back and re-did the cave to confirm that it's reproducible. Both times I had not yet started the Man Who Cried Wolf quest (and therefore didn't go into Wolfskull Ruins). It triggered as cleared as soon as I killed one of the bandits in the ice cave room.
- Doing more game data research, that bandit is in fact disabled by the Cried Wolf quest, meaning that as long as that quest is active it probably is impossible to get a cleared flag. I'd assume that if you return after completing the quest you can then kill the bandits and get the flag (and based on other similar cases, you can probably return as soon as the quest is over -- no need to wait ten days). However, I'll wait until someone can confirm that point before adding it to the article. --NepheleTalk 20:24, 18 March 2012 (UTC)
- Unfortunately, I can not confirm this. I just went back to Wolfskull cave more than 30 ingame days after finishing the quest to get the "cleared" flag, but that wasn't possible. Most of the draugr and necromancers respawned, but the final boss did not - I found the bodies of the ritual master and some of her bodyguards on the floor. No bandits along the way.
- Confirming non-clearing. Quest is complete in all stages. Cave is not flagged cleared and still populated with necromancers - no sign of bandits. Artificially cleared the cave with the SetLocationCleared 000192c8 1 console command. Respawned with necromancers, not bandits, and the boss necromancer did not respawn. Perhaps as soon as Cried Wolf is in the quest log, whether initiated or completed, there will be only necromancers, not bandits. Still doesn't explain the not-clearing issue however. --Beezer1029 (talk) 18:19, 6 May 2014 (GMT)
- I thought this was only clearable if you visit it prior to starting the quest. i.e. while it is populated with bandits as otherwise there is no NPC that is counted as the boss and you can't empty the boss chest. I'm pretty sure I have a character that can give this a go later to check and confirm. Biffa (talk) 19:12, 6 May 2014 (GMT)
- It is clearable, as long as you enter and kill the bandits inside prior to accepting the quest from Falk Firebeard. Killing the boss is what updates it. I've added a note to this effect. Biffa (talk) 19:52, 7 May 2014 (GMT)
- I think somewhere else is the same, just can't thinking of it at the mo. Biffa (talk) 20:39, 7 May 2014 (GMT)
yes wolfskull cave
- YES SIR! Tried about an hour to find a way out with no success! — Unsigned comment by 126.96.36.199 (talk) at 14:33 on 3 December 2011
Location of extra treasure chest.
"There is an extra treasure chest that can be reached by jumping down from the terrace before the stairs up to the channeling." Trying to find this - is this within the ruins or the cave itself? And what's meant by "channeling?"— Unsigned comment by 188.8.131.52 (talk) at 23:18 on 21 January 2012
- - I think this is the chest you can see from the top of the "summoning" tower, if you look back towards the entrance. — Unsigned comment by 184.108.40.206 (talk) at 12:12 on 7 February 2012
You can cause the Draugr to go hostile on the Necromancers at the Summoning Circle
The entrance of Wolfskull Ruins is in LOS of the summoning ritual. I spammed fireballs up to the ritual area from the entryway to the zone. Eventually, I hit *something* that caused all of the Draugr in the ruins to go crazy and attack the Necromancers. The fireballs had the range, even if targeting was extremely hard. Never got detected, however, due to the distance, and no Draugr bothered me, likely due to me not being accessible to them. 220.127.116.11 02:52, 23 February 2012 (UTC)
- I can believe this, I just noticed some dead bodies I did not kill, a Draugr and a Necromancer, in the area outside the base of the ritual tower. I thought I heard a scuffle as I was sneaking towards it on the other side of the wall next to where it happened. I don't know what set it off however.18.104.22.168 14:02, 11 March 2012 (UTC)
- Confirmed with a measly three arrows. Shot but didn't kill the high level draugur (deathlord, I'm level 39) on the bridge, then shot an arrow at the necromancer that was nearby. Heard about 3 draugur shouts in the distance while clearing the bad guys at the bottom of the first set of stairs, and the quest complete came up. Still had a couple of remnants to kill, but that was it. Agmen (talk) 01:13, 9 February 2013 (GMT)
Just finished the quest with Necromancers, open bridge but for some reason the bridge sections are alternated and couldn't make a complete bridge to get out. Had to load m save from 3 hours prior, Grrr 22.214.171.124 17:16, 17 December 2012 (GMT) DragonGuard666
If you want to get the locationID of wolfskull cave,there are two commands availale,"help wolfskullcave 0","help wolfskull 0".The first one will return three IDs(CELL).The second one will return one ID(LOCN) and this ID can be used in commmand SetLocationCleared and GetLocationCleared.
Hidden Chest On Top Of The Tower
It's also possible to reach the hidden chest in another way. When you at the place descript in the page look on your right. There you see a pillar standing right up. By simple jumping upwards you can reach the top op the pillar. Then use the Whirling Sprint towards the tower.
Hope this helps.