Tes4Mod:Major WIP Mods
|To meet our site's higher standard of quality, this article or section may require cleanup.
To leave a message about the cleanup for this article, please add it to this article's
|The descriptions of WIP mods that don't have any links available are temporarily moved to Tes4Mod:Major WIP Mods/Missing links.|
|The descriptions of WIP mods that are inactive for more than a year (abandoned), discontinued or suspended are moved to Tes4Mod:Major WIP Mods/Inactive.|
|The descriptions of WIP mods that had been already released are moved to Tes4Mod:Major WIP Mods/Released.|
 Landmasses/Total Conversions
 Kingdoms of Estreoth [defunct]
Official Development Thread( Thread handler) links broken as of June 11th, 2009.
- Current State: v.036 as of June 18th, 2008
Kingdoms of Estreoth is not a Total Conversion, it's a massive add-on that allows the player to travel to the land of Estreoth. In addition to the new landmass, KoE adds many new quests, dungeons, monsters, NPC's and items for the player find.
 Middle-earth Roleplaying | Total Conversion [active]
- Forum thread - MERP (MiddleEarth Roleplaying Project) Thread XXI )
- Current Version/State: Beta MERP 0.2.6 - ESM updated as of 01 January 2012
- Version 0.2.6 - final release for Oblivion marking the Projects moving to TESV: Skyrim.
New larger Height Map, Shire, Bree-land, Minas Morgul, Cirith Ungol(modeled), Rivendell(WIP), Hobbiton(recreated), Grey Havens(revamped), Tower Hills, Weathertop(WIP), Old Forest(recreated/WIP), Barrow Downs(WIP), and a fun quest that will take you around the finished world are the plans for the next beta (Screenshots available)
- A tribute to J.R.R Tolkien. I am inspired to make a Middle Earth Mod, one that the Tolkien community will cherish, the Middle Earth Roleplaying Mod.(MERP MOD). I am creating a Middle Earth Mod and yes I am making the entire setting, characters, weapons, story, all of it.
- Official Website
- Official Forums
 The Lands of Solstheim, Vvardenfell and Mournhold (SoVvM) [Active]
- An unofficial large-scale mod for Oblivion designed to recreate the three regions featured in Morrowind with the advanced graphics and capabilities of Oblivion's engine. It is not a The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind remake. The mod recreates the regions in The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion's timeline. The action takes place about 6 years after the events in The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind and its two expansion packs Tribunal and Bloodmoon.
- Significant amount of progress made in less than 10 months of development.
- For more information, screenshots, progress report, visit our forum.
- Version 2 (br2) to be released before Skyrim.
- Official SoVvM Forum Link
- Current Version/State: Island of Stirk v1.2 ("An island resort for the rich and decadent with a fort & goldmine"). Their Oblivion work is concentrated on recreating the Hammerfell province, starting with the Goldmoor region. As of now the Hammerfell project has broken loose from the Tamriel Rebuilt team
- Forum thread (Thread handler)
 Unique Landscapes [active]
(prev. Unique Forests)
- Development thread IX (Thread handler)
- Release thread LVII (Thread handler)
- Current Versions/State:
- Stendarr Valley v1.0 on September 23,
- Entius Gorge V 1.0 September 21,
- Ancient Yews v1.0 August 20,
- Great Forest:Lush Woodland v1.0 August 12,
- The Dark Forest 0.9 July 19,
- Great Forest-Ancient Redwoods V 1.4 August 30,
- Heath:Wetland v1.1 June 20,
""Create a more varied, unique, denser forest environment throughout Cyrodiil. Featuring a denser and larger range of trees, bushes, shrubs and plants based on real environments. Unique areas, like the 'Dark Forest' blackened twisted trees, or Redwood Forests, or Swamp, rainforests, jungle areas etc etc. Imagine Oblivion Forests the way they are meant to be. Visually SEE the transition of areas with different forest environments. ""
 Gameplay Additions
 MultiTES4: Multiplayer Oblivion
- Current Version/State: Version 0.2 Alpha
- Supports up to 2 people/ foundations are in the code for 8 players, needs debugging.
MultiTES4 is an attempt to add multiplayer to Oblivion. The other players in the game are represented as NPCs to each individual on their computer. The NPC will move and travel to match the players that are connected.
 NPC with Jobs [active]
Make them work for their money!
- Thread: bethsoft(Thread handler)
- Mod site: http://www.npcwithjobs.com/
- Mod forum: http://aledra.19.forumer.com/
- Current Version/State: Updated Beta V 0.9.8 as of March 12, 2008 (Videos available)
"" A town with around 50 inhabitants with profession scripts. They'll perform something and will earn money for that. With this money, they can buy other stuff and live their lives more comfortable. NPC with jobs will be an ever expanding mod that will cover lot's of professions during time. With every new version new professions will be added and more interaction will be possible between NPC. ""
 Bartholm [Done]
The Town of Bartholm & The Isle of Slart
- http://www.bethsoft.com/bgsforums/index.php?showtopic=804660 (Thread handler)
- Current Version/State: V 7.0
- The town contains:
- 150+ NPC's
- 25+ Buildings
- 1400+ voice files
- 27 quests
""Ruled by Count Serverus Victrix, Bartholm is a small town consisting of a Castle, Arena, Inn, General Store, Chapel, Stables, Mages' Guild & 8 houses.
Protected by the Bartholm Foreign Legion, the village of Slartholm is situated on the Isle of Slart. Slartholm consists of an Inn, General Store, Blacksmith, Barracks, Alchemist Tent & 3 houses.
The Narcissa's Captain Blackdog McGee offers passage from Bartholm to the Isle of Slart and back.""
 Cloud City Project [inactive]
Adds new cities and other locations high above Cyrodiil, as well as a new main quest. Currently in beta version; three cities and one location exteriors complete.
- Download One city has interiors in the released version. WIP finishing interiors; two cities' interiors done now, but we won't be releasing it again until it's finished.
 The Dark Brotherhood Chronicles: Awakening [active]
- Oblivion Nexus
- Current State/Version: 1.1 Released
- This article is maintained by members of tDBC: A developer team
The Dark Brotherhood Chronicles is a quest-driven faction modification project for Oblivion, that seeks to expand the storyline of the Dark brotherhood beyond what the game itself contains. It boasts many new NPCs, locations, and both a large main questline and sidequests, delving deep into the shadowed history of the Dark Brotherhood.
This mod has been released, but work also continues on it as more content is added.