The Elder Scrolls Online (currently branded as The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited) is a massively multiplayer online spin-off of the Elder Scrolls franchise. It takes place in the year 2E 582, making it the earliest-set game in the series.
With the fall of the Reman Dynasty at the end of the First Era, the Dragonfires go out without an emperor to light them. In the absence of a clear leader, three warring factions—the Ebonheart Pact, the Aldmeri Dominion, and the Daggerfall Covenant—use the opportunity to expand their territory, at the expense of their rivals and the residents of the Imperial province of Cyrodiil. The Tharn family (ancestors of the infamous Jagar Tharn) forges an alliance with Mannimarco to assist the depleted and surrounded Imperial Army by reanimating their dead. Secretly, Mannimarco betrays his Imperial allies by assisting the Daedric Prince Molag Bal in invading Tamriel in an attempt to incorporate it into his realm. The player character is one of Molag Bal's victims, who has had his or her soul stolen by the Daedric Prince.
Additional general game information can be found here.
- Attributes — What are the basic stats?
- Champion — A guide to the Veteran horizontal progression system
- Character Creation — A guide to the character creation process
- Classes — Information about each of the classes
- First Time Players — A guide to help new players learn how to survive in Tamriel
- Leveling — Understanding the character leveling system
- Races — The defining characteristics of the playable races
- Skills — And what can you do?
- Vampire — Information about vampirism and related quests
- Werewolf — Information about living as a werewolf and related quests
- Activities — Miscellaneous activities available during the game
- Alliance War — Information about ESO's player-versus-player gameplay
- Combat — Information about combat in ESO
- Controls — A table of the various controls used to interact with the game, for all game platforms
- Crafting — The arts of crafting and improving equipment
- Grouping — Information on grouping with others
- Guilds — Information about player-created guilds
- Hints — All sorts of gameplay hints to let you play the game in a more comprehensive way
- Items — Where to find specific items and their related attributes
- Justice — Information about the laws of Tamriel and how to stay on the right side of the authorities
- Making Money — Some tips and tricks aimed at helping you earn a bit more gold
- Stealth — Information on the art of stealth and its uses
- Veteran — Information on the content which becomes available when a player reaches Level 50
- Creatures — A bestiary of all the friendly and hostile creatures found in the game
- Factions — Listing of all the guilds and factions in the game, including the factions you can join
- Maps — Are you familiar with your whereabouts?
- NPCs — Listing of all non-player characters in the game
- People — Listing of all the named people in the game
- Places — Listing of all the places found in the game
- Zones — A list of places grouped by zone
- Services — A listing of all the services provided in the game
- Console Versions
- PC & Mac Versions
Previews and Reviews
- Concept Art — An archive of concept and rendered art created during the game's development
- Screenshots — Screenshots from the game prior to its release
- Abbreviations and Terms — Glossary of terms and acronyms encountered in ESO
- Achievements — Awards you can receive for your efforts
- Beta — Information about the game's closed beta
- Credits — Details on exactly who did what to create the game
- Crown Store — Information about the items in the in-game shop
- Development Team — A list of the developers who created the game
- Easter Eggs — Funny, out of place, or reference-related non-bug findings
- ESO Plus — Information about the game's premium subscription service
- Game Clock — Shows the current in-game time and real time across several common time zones.
- Historical References — References to people, places and events from previous Elder Scrolls games
- Loading Screens — Information that appears while the game loads
- Loyalty Program — Information about the discontinued Loyalty Program
- Music — Information about ESO's soundtrack
- Public Test Server — Information about the game's persistent testing server
- Technical Support — Hardware and system software issues and their practical solutions
- Trading Cards — Trading Cards you can obtain by playing the Steam version
- Voice Actors — List of the actors who provided voices for ESO's NPCs
- Wallpapers — Official wallpapers, available in various sizes