Tribunal:The Missing Hand
|This quest page is currently being rewritten as part of the Morrowind Overhaul Project.
The page is being rewritten and checked in several stages. All users are welcome to make changes to the page. If you make a change that is relevant to the project, please update this template accordingly, and make sure you have observed the project guidelines.
 Quick Walkthrough
- Speak with Almalexia who will tell you of Salas Valor.
- Find Salas Valor in the Godsreach district, dressed like a High Ordinator.
- Talk to Salas, which will start combat, and kill him.
- Return to Almalexia once Salas is dead to receive your reward.
 Detailed Walkthrough
Speak once again to Lady Almalexia in the Temple to receive your next task. It appears that one of Her Hands has abandoned her. Salas Valor is now spreading slander and lies about the goddess to those who will listen, though Almalexia attributes this to madness caused by her very presence. Salas can currently be found somewhere in the streets and sewers of Mournhold. Your task is to stop him from slandering the goddess by any means necessary.
 Salas Valor
If you ask Fedris Hler about the Hands of Almalexia, he will tell you there's a frustrated Hand wandering around in Godsreach. He will look like an ordinary High Ordinator, but his equipment has the magical shine to it. Be well prepared beforehand, as combat will start as soon as you finish speaking with him. Salas is one of the tougher fights in the game. He has a lot of health, heals himself, casts a few spells, is magic resistant (though not completely), and deals a decent blow with his sword (which drains your strength). Healing potions, magical shields, and enchanted armors and items are highly recommended.
Once Salas is dead, feel free to loot the nice selection of enchanted items from his corpse. However, beware of equipping the cuirass or the helmet, since talking to a High Ordinator with either of these items equipped will cause them to attack you, just like equipping Indoril armor in Vvardenfell. The Hands of Almalexia will not attack however they will state that they restrain themselves at the command of their lady. Likewise, avoid wearing this armor near the regular Ordinators when you return to Vvardenfell.
Of course, you can learn why he has abandoned Almalexia by asking him about being an Ordinator. He will explain that his duties and the god's personality had driven him to leave.
 Return to Almalexia
The deed done, return to Almalexia to report. She grieves for the loss of Salas (well, a little) and offers you several possible rewards:
You may also decline a reward.
- Be warned that even though Almalexia gave you this quest, if you attack Salas before making him attack you through dialogue, the High Ordinators will come to his aid and attempt to attack you.
- It is possible to start this quest without speaking to Almalexia. You may find Salas Valor in Godsreach, and you can kill him on your own, then speak to Almalexia for your reward. She will offer you an alternative reward: Her Tamed Lightning, Constant Lightning Shield (10 points), although if you choose it you still end up with Her Guard Against Terror: Constant Resist Paralysis (20%).
- During the fight, you can duck inside a building, if you need some time to heal or regroup. When you come back outside Salas will still be there at the same health level.
- Those with a high-end Sneak skill may find themselves able to make this fight a breeze by cautiously pickpocketing Valor's enchanted Ebony Scimitar. This is an extremely powerful weapon which is the large reason as to why this battle is so difficult. By default, he has Her Darts equipped, which are also powerful (and can blind you) but this allows you to pickpocket his more powerful melee weapon away from the fight, making the battle consierably easier. However, players might expect a few attempts before successfully stealing the scimitar, and this is not a viable option unless your sneak skill is within the 70s or beyond, as it will result in absolute failure otherwise. Fortunately, if you have started An Assassination Attempt, a Sneak trainer does business at The Winged Guar up to level 87.
- One of the easier ways to kill Salas is to use a spell or item of Jump, and a stack of Dwarven Darts from the Dwemer ruins in Bamz-Amschend. Cast the spell and speak with Salas, then jump on top of the nearest building, feel free to drop all of your armor, because he won't be able to reach you and this will most likely ensure that you can jump high enough. Once on top of a building, take out your darts and attack him. Take your time lining up the shot, as there is no rush, and he should fall in a few hits with the Dwemer darts, leaving you unscathed to pick up his and your armor.
- Be sure to take Valor's armor after you have killed him, either to wear or sell. It is one of the most valuable suits in the game and is also a very effective armor in its own right, despite its weight. If you choose to wear it, remember that the High Ordinators will attack you if you speak to them with it on.
- If you refuse to take a gift from Almalexia, not only do you miss out on a useful spell, but her disposition drops 30 points. Or at least it would if it weren't for the fact that Almalexia is technically a creature and thus does not have disposition. A minor oversight by the developers.
- Casting calm humanoid in order to talk to Salas Valor will not only not work (as he will re-attack you as soon as you talk to him) but will also result in you getting a bounty when you kill him in self-defense (unless you run and wait for the calm spell to wear off).
 Quest Stages
These Codes can be used along with the
Journal Console Command and Quest ID given within the chart to update the quest to a certain point.
|Prev: A Show of Power||Up: Main Quest Page||Next: The Blade of Nerevar|