Featured images follow the same nomination process as for Featured Articles, but as they appear in a different section of the main page, a separate series of votes is held to decide which images meet the required standard.
For an image to be eligible for Featured status, it must be used in a UESP article. This is to prevent specially-taken beauty shots from stealing the limelight.
Featured Image Process
Any registered member can nominate any image at any time. Nominated images should be of high quality and meet the site's image standards.
To nominate an image, list it on the bottom of this page with a three-tier heading, (
===Example===), and briefly explain why you think the image should be given featured status.
|File:SR-quest-Dragon Rising 05.jpg
This is another great image. It appears cinematic, which is rare for the TES series.
After an image has been nominated, any registered member can vote to support or oppose each nomination. Each member can only vote once for a given image, but a member may change his/her vote by striking out the original vote and replacing it with the revised vote.
To vote on an image, state whether you support or oppose the image for featured image status. A vote should be in bold, and all votes must be signed. For example:
* '''Support''': <Comment> --~~~~ or
* '''Oppose''': <Comment> --~~~~
Commenting with your vote is optional, but if you oppose a nomination, please state how the image must be improved to get your support for featured status.
If you are not yet ready to vote but would still like to add your thoughts, you may use:
* '''Comment''': <Comment> --~~~~ or
* '''Question''': <Question> --~~~~
And fill in your concerns or questions.
UESP Administrators will periodically make decisions on image nominations. Decisions will only be made if:
- The image has been nominated for more than seven days.
- Five or more votes have been placed.
Nominations not meeting these criteria will be left open until a decision can be reached.
Images whose nominations pass will receive featured image status on the front page for two weeks (which may be extended up to one month if there is a shortage of images), and receive a small bronze star () on the top right corner. If an image achieves featured status before the present featured image's time expires, it must wait its turn.
Current Featured Image
Nominations and Votes
I really like the way the light shines off this creepy tentacle orb bro, the colours are vivid, and the background is interesting and pretty in its own right.
- Support: As nominator. Weroj (talk) 16:40, 5 February 2016 (UTC)
- Support: Other than the piece of material tied to the poles that's in the background which is blocking part of the plant-life of the area, I agree with all of the points of the nominator. --Rezalon (talk) 10:05, 28 February 2016 (UTC)
- Support: It looks nice. It's not very easy to get a good shot of this type of monster npc. Tib (talk) 22:55, 18 April 2016 (UTC)
- Support: Like the colours and clarity, easy to support. Biffa (talk) 11:28, 19 April 2016 (UTC)
- Support: Watchers are constantly moving and thus really hard to screenshot. That alone would influence my vote, but in addition I really like the colors in this one. All in all, very well done. —likelolwhat talk lulzy to me 20:48, 2 May 2016 (UTC)
I was really struck by the fact that this image has changes in depth, height, and color.
- Support: As nominator. --MetaCthulhu (talk) 02:11, 2 May 2016 (UTC)
- Support: Really cool picture. Looks like a pic from someone's vacations on Instagram. --Manu (talk) 13:53, 2 May 2016 (UTC)
- Oppose: Indeed, it looks like an image of someone's vacations on Instagram, including lack of good composition and no clear focus point. Tib (talk) 20:40, 2 May 2016 (UTC)
- Support: It's hard to get a good dungeon interior shot that makes a location seem unique, and I think this one really captures that. I also really like the hot/cold colour contrast in the middle of the image. --Enodoc (talk) 21:02, 2 May 2016 (UTC)
- Support: Per Enodoc. I feel the image captures the area quite well and I immediately remembered the dungeon it is from soon after looking at it. Forfeit (talk) 18:21, 3 May 2016 (UTC)