Featured images follow the same nomination process as for Featured Articles, but as they appear in a different section of the main page, a separate series of votes is held to decide which images meet the required standard.
For an image to be eligible for Featured status, it must be used in a UESP article. This is to prevent specially-taken beauty shots from stealing the limelight.
 Featured Image Process
Any registered member can nominate any image at any time. Nominated images should be of high quality and meet the site's image standards.
To nominate an image, list it on the bottom of this page with a three-tier heading, (
===Example===), and briefly explain why you think the image should be given featured status.
This is another great image. It appears cinematic, which is rare for the TES series.
After an image has been nominated, any registered member can vote to support or oppose each nomination. Each member can only vote once for a given image, but a member may change his/her vote by striking out the original vote and replacing it with the revised vote.
To vote on an image, state whether you support or oppose the image for featured image status. A vote should be in bold, and all votes must be signed. For example:
* '''Support''': <Comment> --~~~~ or
* '''Oppose''': <Comment> --~~~~
Commenting with your vote is optional, but if you oppose a nomination, please state how the image must be improved to get your support for featured status.
If you are not yet ready to vote but would still like to add your thoughts, you may use:
* '''Comment''': <Comment> --~~~~ or
* '''Question''': <Question> --~~~~
And fill in your concerns or questions.
UESP Administrators will periodically make decisions on image nominations. Decisions will only be made if:
- The image has been nominated for more than seven days.
- Five or more votes have been placed.
Nominations not meeting these criteria will be left open until a decision can be reached.
Images whose nominations pass will receive featured image status on the front page for two weeks (which may be extended up to one month if there is a shortage of images), and receive a small bronze star () on the top right corner. If an image achieves featured status before the present featured image's time expires, it must wait its turn.
 Current Featured Image
- Old Friends (DB)
- Pack Member (SR)
- A New Order (SR)
- Dagon Shrine (OB)
- The Jagged Crown (SR)
- Experimental Subject (DB)
- Dwarven Ruins (RG)
- Druadach Mountains (SR)
- Kill Anoriath (SR)
 Nominations and Votes
- Support as nominator. Eldubya (talk) 21:40, 18 April 2014 (GMT)
- Oppose: Eldubya, you're supposed to give a reason why you think this is a good image when you nominate one. Just posting an image alone doesn't suffice. And, I oppose this image, because I don't like the lighting. It's so bright on the front of the spider, yet as you look up, the spider's detail blends into the equally dark webs overhead. That aside, there isn't much of a wow factor to this image for me. When I look at it, I just see a spider. Nothing remarkable about that. -damon talk ♥ contribs 22:12, 18 April 2014 (GMT)
- Oppose:Image is fuzzy and not sharp. Both this and this are substantially better pictures of the same creature, so it's not even the best image we have of a spider. Plus, the subject is generic (it just has a different name), frostbite spiders are annoyingly common in the game, and it isn't doing anything interesting. --AN|L (talk) 22:25, 18 April 2014 (GMT)