User:DKong27/Mods/Imperial City House Training Room Mod
|Imperial City House Training Room Mod|
Updated August 7, 2011
The Imperial City House Training Room Mod is a redo of the original mod by Pigface. See the original here.
This mod adds a player's house in the Imperial City, Talos Plaza District. After fast traveling there, or by walking through the exterior gate, turn right and walk almost all the way down the path. It is the house with colorful flowers growing outside. On the door is a note that will lead you to find the key.
This text is in white, highlight to read about exactly what to do. (You will find the owner, Phoebus Felix, on the bridge outside the City, toward Weye. When you approach, he will show an impressive skill with Destruction. You can then loot his corpse for the key. ) Now you can enter the house. Inside is a multitude of chests, along with several named for your convenience. Upstairs is a nice bedroom, and the basement leads to the Training Area. Read the journals to get the background story. In the Training Hall, there are training bows and arrows that will do no damage, and some monsters that will not attack. These can be used for skill training, and other fun stuff. The two monsters in the cages are strong and hostile. Don't die. At least don't blame me.
If you read the Old Journal you will notice he mentions a sword it is (hidden behind the wall safe, inside the painting). It is unenchanted, and looks like Goldbrand.
 Changes from Pigface's Mod
I made several changes from the version made by Pigface.
- Suicide spell looks a little...beefier.
- Removed several torches from the Entryway. If one loaded a save while in this room, they would fall through the ceiling.
- Rotated and resized several doors that were backwards. They may not look great, but they work better now.
- Spelling, spelling, spelling. There should be perfect grammar now. You're welcome.
- I also adjusted some to be more accurate and easy to understand. Including a hint on where to find the sword.
- Resized the gates containing the monsters. The Xivilai could not get out through the door.
- Set Bows to respawn. Eh, why not?
- Probably other minor things I can't remember off hand.
 Change Log
1.1 1.5 – Uploaded August 7, 2011
- Altered the way it checks whether the dead man casts spell. This involved creating a quest and associated script. Took multiple tests to get a consistent death. Cereal, this was hard. You better enjoy it dang it.
- Checked to make sure targets all have no aggression, confidence, or responsibility. Also adjusted the health to 100,000 points, attack damage and reach to 0, and replaced all spells with one that heals 10,000 points per second.
- Deleted several unused objects in files. No affect on gameplay.
Note that I plan to clean up the files in the future. They are not very consistent in their naming, nothing big though.I actually did do this, because I got annoyed. I renamed most things with the prefix ICHouseDK. There are probably a few strays floating around, as the original owner evidently hated consistency. >.>
- Removed all equipment from targets, training still has their stuff for your looting pleasure.
- Deleted a few lights...just cause.
- Moved the cage doors a little. They were a bit off.
- Gave the training monsters a standard walk around package. The targets got a standard stay still package. This should also make sure they spawn at the exact spots. Hopefully.
- Moved the targets a bit, to better line up against the wall. Also changed all creatures to 100% size.
- Changed the notes on the front door and by the cages to use a static mesh that cannot be moved or taken. This requires extra installation though. See below.
Simply move the ICHouseTrainingRoom.esp as well as the included Mesh folder to your Oblivion\Data Folder with your other .esp and .esm files. Then activate the mod in your Oblivion Launcher. If asked to merge folders, select yes. Same if asked to overwrite files, this mesh was created by me.
To uninstall, just disable it and/or remove the files from that folder. All mod related items will be removed. Remember to remove all items you wish to save from the containers in the house, they may be lost.