UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Sat Jun 01, 2024 11:58 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Can't get mapper.txt to be read
PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:47 am 
Initiate
Initiate

ES Games: Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim, Online
Platform: PC
UESPoints: 0
I have Win7 ultimate 64bit and I used the arenasetup.exe install file which is ID'd as arena 1.07 and it has the preconfigured DOXBOX 0.74. I used the default install location, and it seems to work just fine, except when I tried to use the mapper. There was no default file, but I figured it would be created when I used it & did a save. However it wouldn't create one. I tried using both the install folder and also the root of C:\ making sure to edit the DOSBOX.CONF file each time. Although I wasn't certain of the steps of setting the mappings/bindings, the Save button was surely obvious, but I couldn't get it to create the file. I figured it might be the admin rights of the install folder, so I used a separate standalone DOSBOX 0.74 in a different non-system folder. Sure enough, all I needed to do was to hit the Save button, and it created the mapper.txt file as expected. So I tried a making a couple mapper files that way, and then copied them to my arena install folder, and I couldn't get DOSBOX to read them. I figured I wouldn't have a problem at least reading the files, but I dunno.

Anybody have similar issues?

Thanks.

Post subject: Re: Can't get mapper.txt to be read
PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:39 am 
Initiate
Initiate

ES Games: Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim, Online
Platform: PC
UESPoints: 0
<sigh>

Never mind, I got it figured out. The location of the install apparently was the reason I couldn't save a file, and as soon as I reinstalled to a non-system folder outside of program files (x86) I was able to save a file. That allowed me to focus on how to use the onscreen keyboard I was able to create a valid mapping/binding, and it recongized it just fine.