UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Sun Jun 02, 2024 4:00 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Couple of questions considering possible quests
PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:58 pm 
Layman
Layman

UESPoints: 0
I already asked this on a wiki talk page of Arena:Arena and Arena:Random Quests, but there weren't any answers.

1. While reading text files of Arena (http://www.d yk. pl/content/pc/arena/TEMPLATE.DAT , remove the spaces), I found the text for two quests which I never got while playing (I am on level 23). They would include protecting a palace from enemies (#0007) and protecting somebody inside inn (#0089). Is it possible to get these quests?

2. Also, at level 23, I can't find any quests in taverns. Is there possibly some upper limit on which level player can get it?

Post subject: Re: Couple of questions considering possible quests
PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:32 pm 
Initiate
Initiate

ES Games: Arena, Daggerfall, Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim, ESO
Platform: PC
Other Profiles: Steam: JaggedyJack
Hello Mediterranean!

For you first question I have never come across those two types of quests in my play throughs of Arena. I would assume that they were quests that never got implemented by the developers.

For your second question have you tried asking civilians about work in the rumor option? If they all say nothing no matter were you go in a city then there is a possible hard cap on those types of quests. I stopped doing those type after level 10 in favor of the more gold from the palace quests.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 5:32 pm 
Layman
Layman

JaggedyJack wrote:
Hello Mediterranean!

For you first question I have never come across those two types of quests in my play throughs of Arena. I would assume that they were quests that never got implemented by the developers.

For your second question have you tried asking civilians about work in the rumor option? If they all say nothing no matter were you go in a city then there is a possible hard cap on those types of quests. I stopped doing those type after level 10 in favor of the more gold from the palace quests.

Hello and thank you for the answer.

About the second question: Yes, I have asked them about "rumours" and all quest-related answers I have got were about king or queen of the city or about artifacts. If I ask for rumours in Imperial City (which has no active palace questgiver), I also don't receive any answers about somebody waiting in some inn.

On a side note, does Imperial Palace ever become attainable at some time after finishing the main quest (I suppose not, but who knows)? For now, I get answers that it is in repair process after being damaged in final battle.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:51 pm 
Initiate
Initiate

ES Games: Arena, Daggerfall, Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim, ESO
Platform: PC
Other Profiles: Steam: JaggedyJack
I guess there is a point that the game stops giving those INN quests then.

You wont be able to access the Imperial Palace again after you defeat Jagar Tharn. Only way would be to have a backup save just before you entered.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 6:14 pm 
Layman
Layman

Thank you.

Considering those two unavailable quests I have mentioned, I wonder if there is an error in file names or text within files or something, like in "A Test of Determination" in Daggerfall, since the game actually has many bugs. Although, I doubt it is also an error in this case...

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:12 am 
Layman
Layman

ES Games: Arena
Platform: Windows
Hello,

I was also curious about this issue of "possible quests", and since some of you seem to have tappered into very slight "reversed engineering" (just checking into the files, I mean), you might have an idea where I could look for this information:

We all know that in the Template datfile we can find most forms of invitations about quests.
But I was wondering: is it listed anywhere the words of possible items that can become
the subject of these quests (delivery, retrieval, etc.). For example, in Taverns I got people
ask me to deliver such things as a "white rose", or a "book of prayers". I'd be interested
in a list of these items or just the words used in combination (like for the names of shops)
because I might try to find 1 mission for each type of item (rose or book, for example).

If anyone knows where to look, please announce yourself.

Cheers!