UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Sat Jun 01, 2024 11:55 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Video - Elder Scrolls Arena on Nvidia Shield
PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:14 pm 
Layman
Layman

ES Games: Arena, Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: PC
UESPoints: 0
I have been enjoying playing Arena on my Nvidia Shield using DOSBox Turbo. It is not only technically achievable, but its actually very playable and fun. You can double-click on the screen to constitute a mouse click and hold, then swing to attack. Its actually perfect for Arena. I just posted a YouTube video demonstrating how it works, but I don't have authorization to post links here. You can find the video by searching for this on YouTube: "Elder Scrolls Arena on Nvidia Shield - Gameplay and settings"

There have been a lot of videos demonstrating that you can use DOSBox Turbo on Android to play a wide variety of DOS games. However, most of these videos focus on configuration issues and barely show the gameplay. Often times, you realize from watching the video that the game is not truly playable.

I wanted to demonstrate that with Elder Scrolls Arena on the Nvidia shield, the game is not only playable but a lot of fun. The touchscreen and joystick controls combined make for a very intuitive experience if you set it up correctly.

Please post any comments or questions below. If requested, I can post configuration files and answer some questions about set up.

Post subject: Re: Video - Elder Scrolls Arena on Nvidia Shield
PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:56 pm 
Initiate
Initiate

ES Games: Morrowind GOTY, Oblivion GOTY, Skyrim Legendary Edition
Platform: PC
UESPoints: 0
You're the only person I know who actually has an NVidia Shield. :)

If Arena works well on it, I'd imagine Daggerfall would be in the same boat? Have you tried it?