UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Fri May 24, 2024 5:37 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Potential Problems with 1st of Morning Star Bug
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2023 2:27 pm 
Layman
Layman

ES Games: Arena
Platform: PC
UESPoints: 0
I started an Arena playthrough for the first time and noticed that I've already activated a glitch mentioned in the wiki where my character's start date is Morning Star instead of Hearthfire. I'm already a bit in though, so I was wondering if there are major problems associated with this glitch that would be worth restarting over. I've looked all over the wiki, this forum, and other places on the web for concrete info on the effects of this glitch but couldn't find anything substantial.

Post subject: Re: Potential Problems with 1st of Morning Star Bug
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2023 10:00 pm 
Champion
Champion

ES Games: Arena, Daggerfall, Battlespire, Redguard, Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim, ESO, Legends, Blades
Platform: PC, Mac, iPad
Other Profiles: SeaGtGruff (Steam), TinklyGosling47 (Xbox)
UESPoints: 20
As far as I know, the only thing this glitch does is change your starting date. I've never noticed any other differences that might suggest you should start over, so you're most likely completely safe to continue with your current character.

However, as someone who's played through Arena three or four times, and done partial playthroughs half a dozen times, I'd say that you shouldn't hesitate to start over with a different character if you want, although you might want to keep a saved game with your current character in case you ever feel like going back to it.

At least for me, creating a new character and escaping from the Imperial Dungeons, followed by the quest for better gear, is a large part of the fun. Playing through a game for the first time can be magical, what with the sense of discovery and learning things for the first time, but it can also be frustrating if you make a lot of mistakes by not knowing any better. Once you've started to learn the ropes, going back and starting over can make the game easier and more enjoyable for you.