UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Sat Jun 01, 2024 11:54 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: The people of Shalgora hate me
PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:00 am 
Layman
Layman

Platform: PC
UESPoints: 0
As the title mentioned, the people of all the provinces in Shalgora hate me and most of them refuse to talk to me. When I try to talk to them most of the time I only get a message saying "You get no response"

When I check my status, in the eyes of Shalgora's law I am a common citizen. I even tried to complete the smuggler quest: when I started the quest, it said I am hated; and when I completed it, my status changed back to common citizen, exactly as the uesp described. However this doesn't seem to effect how the people of Shalgora treat me. They still refuse to talk to me, most of them.

I downloaded DFHack v3 and check my reputation. The program indeed show my reputation with Shalgora at -40, and somehow in my game, Shalgora makes enemy with the Mercenary mage, thus I gained negative reputation with Shalgora upon completing mage guild's quests. And since I have 100 rep with the mage guild, it is understandable that I have -40 rep with Shalgora.

Now my question is, how do I regain the reputation with the country (without editing it in DFHack v3)?
Tried to do some random quests from the local people but that didn't change anything. The smuggler quest also doesn't have any impact on this reputation.
NOTE: DFHack v3 show Shalgora being allied with the necromancers apothecaries of Stendarr, so I thought I might gain some possitive rep by doing quest for the mentioned faction, but then I realize I couldn't find that faction in game.
Any idea?

Post subject: Re: The people of Shalgora hate me
PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:14 pm 
Novice
Novice

ES Games: Daggerfall, Battlespire, Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: DOS, Xbox
Oh the reputation system is wild and convoluted and there are a lot of factions that don't actually exist in the game. Like, it's cool that apparently the commonfolk of Shalgora absolutely loved that mage you killed, but you had no way of knowing that. (and yes, legal rep =/= people rep).

Improving your rep with a people is best done by joining a Knightly order (assuming there is one in the kingdom you care about) as some of their quests will directly affect the people of that region. Otherwise, you never know who likes who and sometimes killing a quest target may make the populace love you or hate you.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:00 am 
Layman
Layman

Jormungandr wrote:
Oh the reputation system is wild and convoluted and there are a lot of factions that don't actually exist in the game. Like, it's cool that apparently the commonfolk of Shalgora absolutely loved that mage you killed, but you had no way of knowing that. (and yes, legal rep =/= people rep).

Improving your rep with a people is best done by joining a Knightly order (assuming there is one in the kingdom you care about) as some of their quests will directly affect the people of that region. Otherwise, you never know who likes who and sometimes killing a quest target may make the populace love you or hate you.

Thanks for pointing out.
Unfortunately, there is no Knight order in Shalgora.
However, after some research (I read all the quests list on the wiki), I have found 2 quests that can possibly recover my reputation with the people of a region:
https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Daggerfall:Hun ... ain.2FLoss
https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Daggerfall:Mal ... ain.2FLoss

The Deadric quest is abit beyond my level now, but the fighter guild's quest seem applicable. Both quest contain dungeon crawling though. Haven't confirmed, but I will give the fighter guild's quest a try and report back later.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:19 am 
Layman
Layman

CONFIRMED!
Just done with the Spriggan quest the peaceful way and my reputation with Shalgora and her people indeed raised by +10 points.
Malacath's quest will most likely do the same, however I cannot test it for now.
Anyway I think the wiki should add this info as the way to restore reputation with the people of certain countries without a Knight order.