UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Fri May 24, 2024 5:37 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: The Stronghold of Greencroft quest
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2022 12:12 am 
Layman
Layman

ES Games: Daggerfall, Skyrim
Platform: PC
Other Profiles: FuryOfTheRose
UESPoints: 0
I have been given a quest by the Knights of the Rose to rescue the "fair Lady Morgyn Hawkcroft" from the Stonghold of Greencroft, however I have searched the entire dungeon and have not located this woman. Am I doing something wrong? Or perhaps I'm just missing a passage and not seeing it... First time playing, level 3 in-game any tips would help!

Post subject: Re: The Stronghold of Greencroft quest
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2022 1:26 pm 
Champion
Champion

ES Games: Arena, Daggerfall, Battlespire, Redguard, Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim, ESO, Legends, Blades
Platform: PC, Mac, iPad
Other Profiles: SeaGtGruff (Steam), TinklyGosling47 (Xbox)
UESPoints: 20
I haven't explored that dungeon yet, but it's easy to miss places in a dungeon because you haven't figured out how to open trapdoors or access additional areas via magic portals.

Keep a save of the game and I'll see if I can explore that dungeon later and tell you how to reach any hard-to-reach areas.

Is that in Wayrest County?

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2022 1:44 pm 
Layman
Layman

ES Games: Daggerfall, Skyrim
Platform: PC
Other Profiles: FuryOfTheRose
UESPoints: 0
Yes! I can't remember the exact location, I'm at work currently... any help would be appreciated, this game is confusing for first timers. What level do you have to be to progress the main quest, after meeting with the lady at the inn? I've gone to the daggerfall castle, but neither the king or the queen have any unique dialog

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2022 9:55 am 
Champion
Champion

ES Games: Arena, Daggerfall, Battlespire, Redguard, Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim, ESO, Legends, Blades
It turns out I don't have that dungeon on my map yet, so I can't explore it.

I can tell you that some areas of a dungeon can require opening a trapdoor by finding the pertinent skull and clicking on it, which causes the skull to either rise up or slide down; it's often a skull on a chair or on the wall of a pit.

Other times, clicking on a skull that's floating in the air will transport you to another area of a dungeon, which you can't get to any other way; and then in the other area there will be another floating skull that takes you back to the previous area. But sometimes you'll see a floating skull, click on it, and instantly die, so save your game before trying that.

In other dungeons, there are red brick walls where it looks like there should be a door, and clicking on the red brick or trying to walk through it will transport you to another area. Again, save your game first.

Other dungeons have doors up on a wall with no way to reach them, so you must cast a levitation spell to reach it. Or there is an opening in the wall that you might be able to reach by climbing up the wall-- although in a lot of cases the floor inside the little alcove will be electrified, so you need to float above the floor with levitation, or maybe use a resist shock potion or spell (I haven't tried that yet).

I think most stages of the main quest are level-locked, so you won't be able to start them until your character gets to the necessary level and receives a letter. The UESPwiki pages should tell you what character level is required for each part.

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2022 9:59 am 
Champion
Champion

You might also encounter switches or dials (wheels with spokes, like the steering wheel of a boat) that open portcullises, or control elevators, etc.

And in some dungeons there are doorways blocked by cages, and clicking on a nearby torch, or on a little wooden box with a rounded top, will slide the cage out of the way so you can get through the doorway.