UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 6:03 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1267 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 47, 48, 49, 50, 51
 Post subject: Re: The Official TES VI Wishlist thread
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:25 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

ES Games: oblivion, skyrim
Platform: xbox 360/one
UESPoints: 14
A visible sun, with noticeable sunrise and sunset.
I enjoyed watching the sunset in Anvil in Oblivion, and seeing it cross the sky. All this was lacking in Skyrim.

Less repetition with character phrases.

I liked the zoom-in-on-the-face function for dialogue that Oblivion had.
Skyrim often has you talking to someone's back.

More animals. More child faces, so they don't all look like clones.
More age groups.

More random events between other people and animals in the wild.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 6:17 pm 
Novice
Novice

ES Games: Arena, Daggerfall, Skyrim
Platform: PC, Xbox 360
UESPoints: 0
-More weapons/armor. I prefer a wide selection of killing instruments.

[Weapons: Longswords, shortswords, broadswords, daggers, katana, okatana (daikatana for you Morrowind fans,) scimitars, wakisashi, tanto, stilettos, kopises, sickles, spears, pikes, halberds, javelins, hatchets, battleaxes, greataxes, maces, flails, staves, battlestaves, hammers, battlehammers, shortbows, longbows, composite bows, light crossbows, heavy crossbows and more.]

-Different styles. This would mean that you'd basically have different models/textures for the same weapon. An Altmeri Steel wakisashi would different from a Nordic Steel one. Imperial Iron armor is very different from Breton Iron armor. Perhaps smiths would start with their own style and could learn new styles from smiths of different races.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 10:29 pm 
Lord of the Shivering Isles

ES Games: Oblivion:GOTY, Skyrim:Legendary edition
Platform: PS3.
UESPoints: 12
A mass reduction in romance options in favour of say, 10 excellent in depth romance options. 20 at least for all races but well, Skyrim did a poor job of marriage.

For bandits to know when not to attack. If i am wearing the bones of a dovah and wielding it's spine as a greatsword, what are the chances of your puny iron sword harming me?

More evil options. Dark Brotherhood is more or less the constant evil option and vampirism varies but well, sometimes, evil is fun. And for that evil to not be "Mwahahaha, i am evil." More "I think there's something wrong here.." "Yes, i believe in this and will do anything to achieve it any way possible" etc..

No voiced PC. It would harm Rping, harm the game.

A more dialogue system. Skyrim's was better then Oblivion but rather simple. Miss asking guards about where to find X. Would be nice to have the option of asking for directions.

Options to disable the quest marker. I mean, turning off the hud is ok but i don't want to have the choice of choosing between no hud(and no subtitles) or a forced marker. Verbal directions need to come back. Make me work for it!

Having to work for winning the main quest. Skyrim's felt like i had it too easy. Oblivion's was hard work but it felt like it was up to me to do it and if i didn't, it would be bad.

Arenas to return. I find it a bit ironic that Skyrim, a province known for it's fighters did not have an arena.

Headbutting as an attack. What's the point of being an all powerful person if you can't headbutt someone?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 1:12 am 
World Class Eejít
World Class Eejít

ES Games: Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: Xbox
Other Profiles: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Taken from GD topic

.....Tho frankly, I wouldnt mind so much for a linear-style TES game(like Battlespire or even Redguard) to take place with Dwemer being the focus.

It could go either way, being a prequel to their disappearance(& largely unrelated to the cause) or a post event, classic dungeon crawler thru one of their long forgotten and abandoned ruins.

Both can help explore details on thier culture and society. While the first seems like it could show how different factions behave with one another or to how they conflict with the nords or falmer alike. Tho personally.. I prefer the later <_< since it keeps the suspence for mystery and even the aftermath of untold histories(rather than experiencing them)

Heck, with some clever mechanics(dragon break lols) you could very well mesh the two. Let the adventurer explore the ruins, while at key points/locations allowing the player to experience an age long past.. either thru their eyes or those of another. This limits thier views into the lives of the dwemer, like shedding a light thru a keyhole into the veil of the unknown :D a mechanic and restricted story I find challenging for an open world RP, not for a linear setting(where everything is practically predetermined)

You cannot deny, that sounds awesome. I mean, the whole core is on the dwemer. And it does so without it being 'TES6: Return of the Dwemer! Now as a playable race! And dragons mounts n' shouts, because [&@%!] yes!'

~Forever a UESP user~
[?]

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 2:00 pm 
Novice
Novice

ES Games: Arena, Daggerfall, Battlespire, Redguard, Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim, Online
Platform: Xbox 360, PS4, PC
UESPoints: 1
They should take a page out of Fallout 4's book, and let you run your own towns and settlements. Think about all those dungeons in Skyrim, that you can clear entirely of enemies and loot dry. Wouldn't it be nice if you could actually give them a new purpose by re-populating them with more decent folk?

And then here's one that's been on my mind since Oblivion:

Calm/Charm spells that make enemies permanently friendly, instead of having them continue attacking after 30 seconds or so. I suppose some people would think that it'd break the game if you could just make all the Bandits, Necromancers, etc. into permanent allies, but it's a role-playing game. What if you wanna be a pacifist and avoid conflict as much as possible? Or if you wanna start a cult of brainwashed followers? Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor lets you do that. Heck, even Morrowind and Oblivion let you do that with the right spell combinations.

And speaking of Shadow of Mordor, they should incorporate the climbing ability from that game, so that we can have a way for the Climbing skill from Daggerfall to be back and have it make sense. Also, the ability to grapple enemies and shove them around and/or use them as human shields.

However, the most important of all has to be this: BRING UNDERWATER COMBAT BACK!

I really hate that of all the features that were brought in from the Fallout games, Skyrim had to include the inability to fight while swimming. Not only does it make killing a particularly obnoxious Slaughterfish even more obnoxious than it needs to be, but it also holds back a lot of possibilities for gameplay. Like an underwater boss battle, or a Thunderball-esque underwater battle sequence.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 5:57 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games: Morrowind GOTY, Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: Xbox 360
Quote:
They should take a page out of Fallout 4's book

Please no. It seems like every game they make, they take out more stuff then they put in. I'm going to ignore Arena and Daggerfall, along with The Elder Scrolls Adventure games since I've never played them, and I don't think it's very fair to compare them. Mostly though because I never played them.

Morrowind:
-8 Attributes
-27 Skills
-6 Classes of magic (not counting Enchanting, Unarmored, or Alchemy)
-119 Different Spell types (Damage Health, Water breathing, Levitation and all that)
-Requirements to join and advance in rank in different factions. A sword wielding Orc can't become Arch-Mage. It's not racist, it's true.
-More Clutter than you know what to do with (Helps with Immersion. Yeah, the objects are useless, but they help the world come a bit more alive)

Oblivion:
-8 Attributes
-21 Skills. Some skills were consolidated together (short sword and long sword) or just removed (medium armor). Enchanting went from a skill to a game mechanic.
-6 Classes of magic (not counting Alchemy. Enchanting and Unarmored aren't skills anymore)
-62 Different Spell types. Almost half that of Morrowind. I count Fortify Skill and Fortify Attribute each as one Spell.
-Can join any and every faction. A clumsy Nord can be Arch-Mage by day, Dark Brotherhood Assassin by night, and still find some time to be the Divine Crusader.
-Less Clutter than Morrowind, but still a good amount I think.

-I'm not sure if Oblivion really introduced anything new that Morrowind didn't have. I could be wrong though. I didn't play Morrowind as much as I played Oblivion or Skyrim. Oblivion had the Oblivion Gates, but I feel that's a little different since you could just ignore the main quest and never have to deal with them if you so choose.

Skyrim:
-3 Attributes. Three. A puny Bosmer is just as strong as a towering Nord. All that matters if whose sword is stronger.

-18 Skills. Mercantile merged in with Speech. No more blunt skill (Instead there's One-Handed and Two-Handed). Enchanting is a skill again, as is Pickpocket. No more hand-to-hand (though Heavy Armor deals with it just a bit). Smithing is now a skill, but Armorer isn't. No more Athletics/Acrobatics skill. Every Imperial is just as fast, and can jump just as high as any other (assuming one isn't butt naked, and the other isn't wearing heavy armor)

-6 Classes of magic. Reintroduced Enchanting as a skill, took out Mysticism. Apparently that class of magic just went away.

-77 Different Spell types (not counting Dragon Shouts. Fortify spells still count as one.) Some of these spells are only available as enchantments or with potions (No more Damage Health spell. Only Damage health Potions). Not counting Dragon Shouts, and Counting each Fortify Skill/Attribute Spell, there are 32 types of spells that can be cast with magicka. One more than half of Oblivion.

-Can join any and every faction, with one exception. If you join the Dawnguard Faction, you can't join the Volkihar Vampires in the Dawnguard DLC.

-Less Clutter than the other two games. Kind of makes it feel empty to me, when every house has the exact same items.

-Introduced Perks. Every level, you get a perk to add to any skill. This lets you customize your play style, since attributes are all but out.
-Introduced Dragonshouts (I count this separately from magic, since it doesn't use magicka)
-Dragons are back and better than ever. Like Oblivion gates though, if you just ignore the main quest, you can go the whole game without having to deal with them. Same with Dragonshouts, since they go hand in hand.
-Can build a house with the Hearthfire DLC. It's better than nothing, and something the other two games didn't have.

Fallout 4: Even though it's not an Elderscrolls Game, I'm adding this since it's Bethesda's most current game. I'm hoping they don't use this game for any ideas at all when making TES VI. I'm going to try and ignore talking about Fallout specific stuff. I'll try and keep it relevant to TES.

-Still has Attributes, SPECIAL.
-Skills? What skills? Skills are basically replaced with perks and weapon/armor mods.
-Dialogue? No thank you. Just give me Yes/No/Unsure/Lie please. They all end up doing the same thing anyway. It doesn't matter what you say, you'll still get the same response, for the most part.
-Followers are actually pretty decent, but still get stale after a while.

At this point, I'm afraid TES VI will just have 3 skills: Magic, Combat, and Stealth.
-Combat will literally just be hitting people with a sword. No weapons choices, no armor choices. You'll just have Sword, Shield, and Armor. Every level, they get just a bit stronger.
-Magic will have two sub-classes. Offensive and Defensive. Offensive will just be flinging fireballs at enemies. Offensive will just be a shield/ward effect.
-Stealth will just be sneaking by everyone. If you have to attack an enemy, you're doing it wrong.

Basically, I'm afraid the next game will just be like Fable, in terms of combat. Sorry for my long, pessimistic rant. If TES VI can include a little bit of everything from the last three games, the best parts, I'll be happy. Really, I want more magic related things. At this point, the game will only have 10 magic spells. That's my biggest problem with each new game. Less skills, and less spells.

Post subject: My Dream ES6
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 2:31 am 
Layman
Layman

Platform: PS3
Hey everyone!

I'm not new to UESP, but I am new to the forums here. I wanted to share my idea for the 6th Elder Scrolls installment with you, and I hope you all find it interesting. First, I am a huge fan of the single-player chapters of the game. Second, I understand that there are numerous rumors pointing towards one location or another, but this is what I'd love to see. I feel as though Tamriel has been thoroughly explored, and I want Bethesda to attempt something new: Akavir! Here are broad strokes of my ideas that lead to Akavir being involved more in the politics of Tamriel:

After the unrest in Skyrim, regardless of the choice made by the Dragonborn, lead to a fracturing of the Empire, several factions have formed. Perhaps the Aldmeri Dominion remains in its present form, or begins to envelop Valenwood. The beastfolk in Elsweyr and Black Marsh sever ties with the Empire. Skyrim, galvanized with ideals of Nord superiority, solidified its independence. Morrowind forms an uneasy alliance with the remaining vestiges of the Empire in Cyrodiil. Hammerfell and High Rock wish to remain neutral in the conflicts, and primarily act defensively in this era. Tattered, Tamriel becomes a battleground for the years following the arrival of the Dragonborn.

However, an explorer returns from Akavir and brings back word of a valuable resource that could turn the tide in the war. The resource, be it a food or mineral or what have you, amplifies the magical abilities of those who use it. Only through use of this resource are people able to control vehicular flight. Control over this resource would lead to victory for any faction in Tamriel. The player can choose both race and faction, both of which would shape the way the story unfolds.

The story begins with the player's ship docking in the foreign land. Amidst the nightmarish wild of Akavir, the nameless soldier becomes legendary as s/he conquers the land and forms alliances or dominates the natives of this mysterious land. The map of Akavir is split into small segments, which are mostly neutral (in terms of the Tamriel war) at the start of the game. Each faction slowly moves from its initial landing spot inward to try to conquer the entire continent. Territories can be both gained and lost. The player is able to form alliances or conquer the natives through different quest lines. Choosing to ally with one of the native species (Tang Mo, for instance), would prohibit the ability to ally with another enemy native race (If Tang Mo is befriended, you could not ally with Tsaesci). The ability to conquer a territory is directly related to choices the player makes. For instance, if you start in the southeastern corner, it would be nigh impossible to conquer a northwestern territory, let alone hold onto that territory. The player can also choose to be a part of one of the native Akaviri races to defend their homeland from invasion.

Throughout the journey, the player comes to find an unexpected link to Tamriel hidden near the central expanses of Akavir: The Dwemer. Finding themselves separated both culturally and technologically from the rest of Tamriel, the Dwarves of ancient times discovered the powers of Akavir. The Dwarves relocated to Akavir in order to better study it, in an attempt to transcend Mundus and ascend to Aetherius to master magic beyond any comprehension on Nirn.

Thanks for reading! Let me know what you think!

Last edited by MARS on Wed Aug 31, 2016 3:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Moved post into appropriate topic.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 9:58 pm 

Regarding some of the skill merges in Skyrim, some were an improvement and made sense imo. Speech and Mercantile were literally the same thing in Oblivion. Both were speech based and it was rather unneccessary to have two sets of one thing. E.g. Convincing a merchant to sell something to you at a lower price is techincally the same as persuading someone to give you information. I agree with Blunt and Blade. Axes, one can get away with saying it's the same thing with minor differences but a warhammer is different to a greatsword. Armorer and Smithing, again, both fall under the same thing. This time, we don't use hammers but forges. It would have been nice if damage was retained but toned down(I've lost too many swords in Oblivion to damage) with hammers being a repair tool.

I would love to see damage return and show cosmeticly. E.g. A shield starts showing signs of damage, dents, bulking etc... Armour gets cuts, cracks, robes get ripped etc... Skyrim missed a massive chance to improve on conditions and would have made smithing a bigger incentive to use beyond crafting stuff. Same with blacksmiths having a better purpose then just being vendors.

Playing Oblivion made me realise how much Skyrim simplified stuff. I want attributes to return. For example, Strength is accounted for melee damage, unarmed damage and carry weight. Endurance, double health+ X amount of endurance when levelling up, armour skills, fatigue, Speed is speed etc.. I would have loved to beat dragons to death using enchanted gaunlets at least once. Doing that in Skyrim is basically asking for death.

Better Guild Questlines. Really, Bethesda? COmpanions, Bard's College, College of Winterhold were all letdowns. We know you can do better!

Competing Guilds. Fighters Guild should have a rival. Not something like Oblivion's Fighter's Guild rival but one that merely serves as an alternative option with it's own style, questline, arms and armour etc..

More magic. Skyrim has a fairly justifed reason why magic wasn't as varied as Oblivions due to the collapse of the Mage's Guild, College of Winterhold being the only main source of it etc.. But come on, give us more choice, Bethesda. Cosmeticly as well.

If TESVI has a destroyed settlement, let us do something about it. Help it to come back to life. Kvatch Rebuilt is a good example of it. Add an improved version of fallout's settlement building without micromangement to it and make it a feature of the game or main quest.

NO VOICED PC! A common complaint of Fallout 4 is the voice dialogue. It would ruin immersion and limit us in terms of dialogue due to cost of voice actors, roleplaying would be affected and not really varied. Bioware does voiced PCs well. Bethesda does not, it seems.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 4:35 pm 
Novice
Novice

ES Games: Arena, Daggerfall, Battlespire, Redguard, Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim, Online
Platform: Xbox 360, PS4, PC
UESPoints: 1
I know I already posted a similar comment in my own "TES/Doom crossover" thread, but I thought I'd share it here, too:

I'd like to see the demons from the Doom series make appearances as Daedra in the next game. After all, they already had a Skyrim cameo/easter egg in the newest Doom game (which Bethesda was involved in), so it'd only be fitting to return the favor. Like if the player gets sent to a plane of Oblivion, they could have Hell Knights, Pinkies, and Cacodemons appear alongside the already-existing bestiary of Daedra, or even as summonable creatures. They could have the Imps from Doom 3 and/or Doom 4 appear, but retcon them as the Vermai from Battlespire (which have very similar designs and qualities). Or they could have an in-game book that mentions the Doom Slayer and the world of Argent D'nur.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 10:13 pm 

Bethesda the publisher was involved with Doom not Bethesda Game Studios. Merging it with TESVI wouldn't be a good idea and would be a lot of work for just an easter egg. It wouldn't fit into the lore to have another realm by itself imo. Doomguy himself is not suitable for TES. He is the original space marine that guns down hundreds of demons and beats the rest to death. Retconning stuff from other franchises would pretty much backfire. I mean, just look at the ESO retcons. Doing that with Doom stuff would cause a lot of people to get very mad about it.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 9:06 pm 

Chances are, I've said this already.

No Health Regeneration or give us the option to toggle it. It makes restoration less efficent if it takes a mere few seconds(if i recall correctly) for health to go back up after battle and in battle. Why, oh why, did they introduce it to TES? Sticks out like a sore thumb and apart from the Lord birthsign, doesn't really slot into the gameplay well.

Bring back pauldrons and a lot of equipment slots. Yes, it'll be overpowered for enchantments but Enchantment breaks Skyrim anyway so may as well just allow that. That and being able to mix and match would be nice to do again. oblivion did it and some looks were awesome.

Better horses and horse combat. Seriously? Why give us magic combat if aiming it is next to impossible if i recall.

At least 100 spells for each school. 25 per skill level. Novice spells are weak but range from being cheap to a taste of more powerful at the cost of more magicka spells. Give us the ability to combine different spells. E.g. flaming undead(swear they did that in the E3 demo of Skyrim) if flame and conjuration is used. Spell Creation must come back.

The ability to sleep in beds. Kinda baffling to why they didn't give the PC the NPC animation of getting into bed. May not add much but for roleplaying, tis a nice touch.

Camps. Arena and Daggerfall allowed us to rest whereever we could. Add it back in and allow us to set up camp outside settlements. Dislike using the wait function to simulate sleeping when it should be either an option used via the menu or an option via select(on Playstation).

Staff combat. Enough with the projective based staffs. Let us bash people over the head as a melee option then burn them etc..

Visible equipment. Why can't I have a bow and sword visible? Would be a nice touch.

Fully developed companions with their own quirks, tastes and quests. Fallout New Vegas is a good place to start. Skyrim's companions were ok but miles behind what other RPGs have done. Dragon Age is so far the fantasy RPG series that i've seen do excellent companions without them being potential burdens and annoyances. "Lydia! You.... you just..." *flips console after Lydia sets all the traps and gets killed by my sword because I power attacked and couldn't avoid her as she got in my way.*

More power moves with more variations. E.g. Two handed axe is an overhead lunge with all your strength(determined by Strength if attributes are added back), thrust with the flat top of it. Think of Gimli's moves. Something like that. Spears get throw or fully thrusted.etc..

Spears. Bring back spears and not glorified arrows. What is it with RPGs tending to leave Spears out?

Speed influnencing combat. E.g. stabbing more quickly, being more agile, that kind of stuff. Instead of just running faster.

Custom armour. If I want to create armour that is molded out of bark, adjorned with jewels and is rather silly, i would like to be able to do that. Skyrim introduced mining. Give us a more indepth armour crafting system.

Bring back mithril and chainmail. No reason to why they disappeared beyond Skyrim not having Mithril mines but yeah, more choice is better.

Unarmed combat. Why can't I piledrive a bandit? Or powerbomb them off a cliff? Or tackle them? Why do i have to be drunken boxing in Skyrim?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 7:37 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games: TES Anthology
Platform: PC
I think there could be a way to improve the clunky combat system by using elements from the combat systems of other Bethesda games.

Previously in this thread, I asked what could possibly replace Dragon Shouts as the central thematic set of special powers unique to the game. Here's an idea. Implement a variation on the VATS from Fallout, but characterize it as an innate ability of the protagonist and other powerful warriors. Also, instead of making it a simple point-and-click aiming system, they should integrate the combat system from Arena and Daggerfall where the movements you make with your cursor determine the types of attacks.

So what I'm thinking is, you'd be able to activate your targeting, and then draw slash moves across an enemy using your cursor. You could aim for different locations, and queue up a string of attacks into a combo. Your limit would be how much stamina your character has. When the game resumes, your character would then attempt to execute the sequence of moves. It would still be possible for enemies to interrupt or block, although you can always re-activate targeting in the middle of a combo to change your moves.

Would this work? Combat in Skyrim was very clumsy and overly simplistic, and even with various combat mods that try to make blocking more crucial, most of the fights I got into just came down to who could attack faster or who had the better weapon.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 8:57 pm 
World Class Eejít
World Class Eejít

Platform: Xbox
Other Profiles: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I dont know if I've talked about this before(I probably have) but please bring back armor/weapon durability along with variety as seen in Morrowind

I miss having the tension or stress when I know one of my weapons is close to breaking, more so than anything if I went with Glass equipment >_> I miss being punished for not properly preparing myself with some repair gear or fixing up between towns.. And more than anything, it seems like such a missing feature in smithing when now you can craft and improve current gear. Why no durability? Why no repair?

Also, as a side tangent, while I do like Skyrim's perk system.. I would much rather have a blend of Oblivion and Fallout 4 >_> some that are progressively unlocked automatically via certain skill milestones.. And others of the more sought out or customizable category being unlocked via points

~Forever a UESP user~
[?]

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 7:49 pm 

It's quite baffling that they introduced Smithing as a skill and removed durablity. Granted, Oblivion could lead to a lot of "Oh for the love of Talos! AGAIN!? I ONLY BOUGHT THE THING YESTERDAY!" situations but it did help immersion. I would love for a mixture of Skyrim's and Oblivion perk systems. I feel it would be best to use Skyrim and use it to mold it into it's own thing instead of copying Fallout.

Visible Weapons and an option to use them via shortcut(May have to be a PC only option due to more buttons). Why can't I carry two longswords, a Claymore and a bow and it be visible? Just helps immersion.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:00 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

There are other things from older titles that I'd like to see brought back.

The Stats System - I get why Skyrim simplified it into the 3 basic stats that were once derived. Oblivion had a pretty frustrating level system that forced you to play the game a very specific way in a very specific order if you didn't want to waste your level ups. However, I also think Skyrim went too far in the other direction and took away some of what made each race, class, or gender special upon character creation. That said, I think a compromise could be made. Bring back the stat system from Morrowind and Oblivion, while keeping the Skyrim feature that lets you make skills Legendary. This would solve both problems at once, since you'd still get the roleplaying experience that comes with the additional stats, and you'd have the freedom to max them all out using the particular skills appropriate to your character.

The Daggerfall Character Creation - This was one of my favorite features of Daggerfall, and one of the best character generators in the series, which is why it's a shame it didn't appear in other TES games. Having pre-set strengths and weaknesses for each race or class is well and good, but I liked the amount of control and the freedom to choose that Daggerfall offered. If you wanted a character with tons of unfair strengths, you could, but you'd gain less XP. Or if you wanted more XP, you could create a character with tons of weaknesses and figure out how to negotiate them. My favorite strategy was to give my character all magical weaknesses, plus spell absorption to cancel it out. In a future game, this could work very similarly to Fallout's optional traits, where they give you tradeoff advantages. It would make each character and each build more distinct.

More Equipment Options - It's been said many times before, but I wanted to add my own thoughts. I preferred the sheer number of equipment options from earlier games, such as armor pauldrons, separate left and right items, various types of jewelry, and the ability to wear clothing and accessories with your armor. Skyrim oversimplified things too much, and I ended up getting mods like Immersive Armors anyway that add a lot of the lost options back in. I dislike when RPGs in general restrict how many of something you're permitted to wear for purely arbitrary reasons, just because they can't think of any other way to balance it. If I want, I should be able to wear a whole mantle of necklaces like Mr. T, a ring on each finger like the Mandarin, and multiple sets of earrings or other piercings.

Randomly Generated Dungeons - This was a pretty neat feature from Arena and Daggerfall, and as game engines get more advanced, I don't see the reason to leave it out as it would save the developers the effort of having to specially design and prearrange every single dungeon in the game. A system similar to the early games could work. Like in Arena, important locations would still be preset, but the minor dungeons that you stumble across while out exploring don't have to be. With the hundreds of hours most people have put into Skyrim, it gets to the point where dungeon delving becomes boring and predictable, especially if you're just on a radiant fetch or errand quest. This would also allow something like the next feature:

Limited Terrain Manipulation - I would like to see the ability to create holes, punch through walls, or build obstructions in the game world. I don't mean something that necessarily goes as far as the GeoMod feature of the Guerilla engine (Red Faction) but rather the simple option of creating your own paths in certain places. The Passwall and Pitfall spells from Arena are good examples of what I mean. You could use them to create shortcuts, but only in non-critical locations; you couldn't use Passwall to get inside quest locations or to get through hedges. This shouldn't be impossible to implement, as there are a couple of Skyrim mods that let you cut down trees to get lumber, and at least one that lets you break up rocks to get quarried stone. There are also Hearthfire mods that let you build furniture or building segments and place them wherever you like.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:57 pm 

Training options: Skyim had practise dummies and archery targets . Oblivion had archery targets and targets that were techincally used for melee but mostly archery stuff. Yet, it meant less then Dagon's promise to give Nirn non-lethal flowers. I know it is a balancing rason but surely, it being worth say, 5-10% of levelling up melee stats won't do much. It would be nice to roleplay a 3rd era training montage instead of whooping the candy asses of bandits.

Better factions: To be fair before I start, Skyrim did handle some factions well. The DarkBrotherhood is easily the best guild in terms of plot and atmosphere. The guilds were disappointing. Look at Oblivion's and compare it to Skyrim. Virtually all 4 guilds required hard work to either progress or constantly felt like one was working their way up. The Fighter's Guild started with a routine job and slowly got bigger. The Thief's Guild protrayed the life of a thief. The DarkBrotherhood lived up to the Brotherhood of assassains that they were. The Mage's Guild forced you to prove your worth.

Skyrim? Mostly given to you on a plate. Companions: 6 quests in total for plot, repeating quests for coin and didn't feel like one would work their way up. The College of Winterhold: Ye a chosen one. Dragonborn. Annoyingly, it is hard to avoid unless you know where to go as part of the main questline of the game as the NPC you speak to starts off the entire COW questline. All it needed to do was just have an option with a demostration to back up what you claim to be then library and boom, off you go. It ended before it really started and too short. The Thief's, i've not played but have heard that after a certain part, it comes off as forced. The Bard's College was a glorified fetch quest but I won't hold the fetch quests against it as it does lead to some interesting dungeons, i think. I do hold the fact that it lies to you and misleads you about being a proper guild.

They need to step up the quality of the guilds.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:29 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

The SheoDovah wrote:
Training options: Skyim had practise dummies and archery targets . Oblivion had archery targets and targets that were techincally used for melee but mostly archery stuff. Yet, it meant less then Dagon's promise to give Nirn non-lethal flowers. I know it is a balancing rason but surely, it being worth say, 5-10% of levelling up melee stats won't do much. It would be nice to roleplay a 3rd era training montage instead of whooping the candy asses of bandits.

This. In Oblivion and Skyrim you saw NPCs swinging weapons, shooting bows, or casting spells at dummy targets, but in-game this did nothing to raise your abilities. It's the reason I got one of the mods, I think "Dynamic Things" for Skyrim that lets you train your skills by hitting dummy targets. Combine this with Hearthfire mods that let you build and place any furniture or structural object in the game and you can build your own training room.

Quote:
Better factions: To be fair before I start, Skyrim did handle some factions well. The DarkBrotherhood is easily the best guild in terms of plot and atmosphere. The guilds were disappointing. Look at Oblivion's and compare it to Skyrim. Virtually all 4 guilds required hard work to either progress or constantly felt like one was working their way up. The Fighter's Guild started with a routine job and slowly got bigger. The Thief's Guild protrayed the life of a thief. The DarkBrotherhood lived up to the Brotherhood of assassains that they were. The Mage's Guild forced you to prove your worth.

Skyrim? Mostly given to you on a plate. Companions: 6 quests in total for plot, repeating quests for coin and didn't feel like one would work their way up. The College of Winterhold: Ye a chosen one. Dragonborn. Annoyingly, it is hard to avoid unless you know where to go as part of the main questline of the game as the NPC you speak to starts off the entire COW questline. All it needed to do was just have an option with a demostration to back up what you claim to be then library and boom, off you go. It ended before it really started and too short. The Thief's, i've not played but have heard that after a certain part, it comes off as forced. The Bard's College was a glorified fetch quest but I won't hold the fetch quests against it as it does lead to some interesting dungeons, i think. I do hold the fact that it lies to you and misleads you about being a proper guild.

They need to step up the quality of the guilds.

Agreed, I saw Fudge Muppet's video on the College of Winterhold and they said exactly what I'd been thinking all along. Only three students? Only six teachers? The place is almost completely empty. Any "college" that tiny would be either just starting out, or on the verge of going under. This is why I got "Immersive College of Winterhold" and wouldn't even think of playing without it anymore.

I would also like to see, in a future title, the ability to start your own factions. Maybe a splinter faction of one of the main factions. Maybe you can revive a faction that was abolished, like the Mages Guild. Or maybe you could start your own faction, like a Hunter's Guild, a Merchant's Guild, a pirate crew (i.e. similar to Dunbarrow Cove) a werewolf pack, or a vampire clan of your very own.

On a different topic, I think it could be entirely plausible for the protagonist of a future TES title to meet the protagonists of past titles. I don't mean Sheogorath specifically, because there wouldn't be any difficulty in having him make an appearance like in Skyrim. I mean other protagonists like the Nerevarine or Dragonborn. The problem would be what race and gender to portray them, but here's where I have a simple solution. Make them the same race and gender as the player character, whatever you happened to choose. For instance, the Nerevarine doesn't have to be a Dunmer, and the Dragonborn doesn't have to be a male Nord. There are 20 different possibilities, and having them match the player's race and gender could serve as acknowledgement that nothing is set in stone.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1267 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 47, 48, 49, 50, 51