UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Fri May 24, 2024 3:18 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Which realm of Oblivion would you most like to see?
PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:01 pm 
CotM Winner!
CotM Winner!

ES Games: I, II, III, IV, V. Once I caught a fish alive.
Platform: PC & Playstation
UESPoints: 20
The Daedric Princes are probably my favorite element of the series, from a lore perspective anyway. And at this point we've been to several different realms of Oblivion. But I'm wondering which realm of Oblivion you'd most like to visit in a future game. Be it a one off quest or even the focus of a major questline like what happened with Apocrypha, The Deadlands and The Shivering Isles.

I'd like to visit Moonshadow, Azura's realm. In part because Azura's my favorite prince but also because visually the entire realm is supposed to be absolutely stunning in its beauty. I think it could be a real delight to explore an environment like that, something which is the polar opposite of The Deadlands in Oblivion. A return to Quagmire, Vaermina's realm, could be good too, an ever shifting dreamscape with a quest which goes for more of a horror angle. It could be like The Evil Within except good.

You can find a listing of Oblivion realms and their associated Princes here on the Wiki.

Post subject: Re: Which realm of Oblivion would you most like to see?
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:02 pm 
Layman
Layman

ES Games: Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: PS3, PC
UESPoints: 0
I definitely agree with you about Moonshadow. I'd also love to see more of Clavicus Vile's realm (I can't recall if it has a name). I could only imagine that it would be interesting, and there's so much room for interpretation since there isn't that much really known about it, as far as I know.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:08 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games: I, II, III (all wip), Oblivion, Skyrim
UESPoints: 9
Wow guys. I've finally learned a thing or two about ES lore, thanks to Kerr. This is a day to remember.

Moonshadow does seem very nice. And I think that it would be a good place to travel, what with Azura being so welcoming. But I think that the one I'd most like to visit is the Colored Rooms. They sound so lovely, and so very exotic. I'd love to explore a world that's so different.

Quote:
A return to Quagmire, Vaermina's realm, could be good too, an ever shifting dreamscape with a quest which goes for more of a horror angle.
This sounds like it could be really fun. And super scary, too. Dreamworlds in general are super scary. The quest Through a Nightmare, Darkly in Oblivion makes me stressed enough as it is. I don't know if I could deal with the quest you have in mind, tbh.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:04 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games: III, IV, V
Platform: XB1
UESPoints: 10
Another vote here for Meridia's Colored Rooms. :D

First instinct would be to say Azura's Realm... but then back in my AzuraFanBoi days I had a few really nice and fascinating dreams about visiting Moonshadow, and actually I think I would prefer to not have those experiences directly contradicted by an "official" interpretation of Moonshadow... :/

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:25 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games: I, II, III (all wip), Oblivion, Skyrim
UESPoints: 9
Yeah, and Moonshadow would be pretty much impossible to make in video game format. It's supposed to leave mortals half-blind with its beauty. I kind of doubt that they'd be able to create something that doesn't disappoint, with a description like that.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:56 am 
Tea Party Mod
Tea Party Mod

ES Games: III - V GOTY, Online
Platform: PS4, Steam
UESPoints: 5
Myriad Realms of Revelry, anyone? No? Just me?

I'm pretty sure that the inclusion of most any of the realms would turn a TES game into something more like the Witcher, know what I mean? Racy.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:55 am 
World Class Eejít
World Class Eejít

ES Games: Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: Xbox
Other Profiles: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
UESPoints: 14
I could easily go and say the Spiral Skein, but I would be lieing by saying it was more so hype over it's confirmed appearance than any wishful thinking

But really tho, between the Colored Rooms, or Evergloam, or the elemental realms.. What I really wanna see is some of the previous realms get touched up and given their own identity. Especially with the Pit >__< I'm sorry, but couldn't the lowest order and realm of pestilence not be a mirror image of the Deadlands? I mean, sure Boethia could have a realm of fire, lava, and ash filled skies.. There's alot to work with to give it it's own distinct identity
Quote:
It has also been described as a country of labyrinthine policy and betrayals, with maze gardens and twisted towers.
But dammit... Give the Pits something special. We all were expecting Apocrypha to be just rows of bookshelves n what not. How gleefully giddy were we to be proven so wrong? That, that is what I want. Justice for an overlooked Prince

~Forever a UESP user~
[?]

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:19 am 
Lord of the Shivering Isles
Lord of the Shivering Isles

ES Games: Oblivion:GOTY, Skyrim:Legendary edition
Platform: PS3.
UESPoints: 12
I would love to see the Realm of Sanguine in it's full form. We get a very minor glimpse of it in Skyrim and well, I can see Sanguine being a bit of a lazy bugger when it comes down to showing mortals small parts of his realm. I can see it stinking of mead with the occassional drunk Dremora fights whilst other drunken Daedra watch. Basically, Skyrim on steroids in terms of drunkness. Though seeing as each realm of Myriad is based on the visitor's desire, it seems that it could be the most varied of the realms. It reminds me of Red Dwarf in a way due to a certain episode featuring rooms that did that. Still, Skyrim's depiction was a meh. Should have been 100% over the top Nordic sterotype. Drunken Brawls, mead bottles as far as the eye can see, Drunken Daedra brawls etc.. Though, I would love to see the darker side of Sanguine in TESVI.

The Deadlands but in more details. Oblivion's depiction was more or less ok but it needs proper destructive elements. Awful weather, acidic rain, something that makes Mordor seem like an inn.

Vile's realm sounds very interesting and I can see everything being a potential trap in the form of a deal. Basically, a text RPG that is an utter [&@%!] and will make you regret it. Though it may take several centuries for him to fix it due to the Umbra business and being stuck in a cave for a few decades(Assuming that is the least amount of time he was stuck). Still, sounds quite nice.

Moonshadow but as the others said, it would be very hard to meet expecations and the only way they could do it is just have a semi-blind effect on the PC but that would most likely annoy everyone then impress.