UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 3:14 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: GOG Redguard Runs Slowly
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 12:36 am 
Associate
Associate

ES Games: Arena, Daggerfall, Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim, ESO, Battlespire
Platform: PC, Xbox 360, Xbox One
UESPoints: 0
I recently picked up GOG's version of Redguard, and whenever I load it up, the gameplay is extremely sluggish and the cut scenes constantly stutter. I was curious if anyone here has been having similar problems with the game or know of any fixes for it.

Post subject: Re: GOG Redguard Runs Slowly
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 12:51 am 
Global Wiki Admin
Global Wiki Admin

ES Games: All
Platform: PC, Switch
UESPoints: 420
I've been getting a little screen tearing during gameplay, but to be honest I'm amazed it's even working on Windows 10.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 5:04 am 
Associate
Associate

legoless wrote:
I've been getting a little screen tearing during gameplay, but to be honest I'm amazed it's even working on Windows 10.

Yeah, I'm running Windows 8 at the moment (which could be the cause of the problem I'm having), and I was completely surprised that Battlespire ran so well and hasn't crashed yet. GOG seems to do a better job fixing up DOS games than Steam.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:50 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games: Oblivion, Skyrim, Online
Platform: PC
Quote:
Avoid this game in its current state. GOG only gives you the 3Dfx version which uses a 3Dfx wrapper to emulate the 3Dfx hardware. It runs very poorly even on a fast modern machine. The framerate is choppy which affects sword fighting which is crucial in the gameplay of this title. I have tried to mess around with the settings in DOSBox and nGlide and nothing seems to help. This game ran butter smooth back in the day with a 3Dfx card and was essential with all the combat that is involved.

Until GOG can produce the software rendered version of this game which gives you many graphics options to play with I would avoid for now.

The above is a comment someone posted on GOG. I don't know much about differnt types of video cards, so I'm not sure whether this is the cause of your problem, though.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 5:11 pm 
Associate
Associate

Dark Heart wrote:
Quote:
Avoid this game in its current state. GOG only gives you the 3Dfx version which uses a 3Dfx wrapper to emulate the 3Dfx hardware. It runs very poorly even on a fast modern machine. The framerate is choppy which affects sword fighting which is crucial in the gameplay of this title. I have tried to mess around with the settings in DOSBox and nGlide and nothing seems to help. This game ran butter smooth back in the day with a 3Dfx card and was essential with all the combat that is involved.

Until GOG can produce the software rendered version of this game which gives you many graphics options to play with I would avoid for now.

The above is a comment someone posted on GOG. I don't know much about differnt types of video cards, so I'm not sure whether this is the cause of your problem, though.

Yeah, that's probably the problem. Hopefully Bethesda or GOG will fix it.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 7:59 am 
Associate
Associate

ES Games: Arena, Daggerfall, Battlespire, Redguard, Morrowind, Stormhold, Dawnstar, Oblivion, Oblivion (mobile), Skyrim
Platform: PC
Well, it seems to be working for me. The stutter is there, but it's not too bad. I'm just happy I was able to pick up this and Battlespire. Pity there's no way to get a hold of those mobile games they released.