UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 5:52 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Favorite Redguard Images
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:19 pm 
Layman
Layman

ES Games: All except TES Travels
Platform: PC
Other Profiles: Dillonn241
UESPoints: 0
Here are some of my favorite Redguard images that I've uploaded on the wiki. Feel free to comment or post some others you like!

This is the head of a dragon mounted in the Draggin Tale Inn. According to the bartender, Dreekius, this dragon attacked his home village of Noota Nara in Black Marsh.
Hidden:

Clavicus Vile's realm. Not actually one of my favorites, but it's a featured image on the wiki, so I thought it should be included.
Hidden:

N'Gasta's Tower, also called the "old wizard's tower". The architecture seems to be Daedric, but N'Gasta did not build the tower.
Hidden:

The island's Observatory, between Saintsport and the city of Stros M'Kai. Bothiel mentions it in Oblivion, saying it contains the only orrery in Tamriel other than the one at the Arcane University.
Hidden:

Another featured image, though again not one of my favorites. It's a vermai, a Daedra which also appears in Battlespire. Two are encountered in N'Gasta's Tower.
Hidden:

Some dolphins near the shore. The previous version of the image was actually nominated for featured status, but it did not pass because it was taken from another website.
Hidden:

One of the trolls in the Goblin Caverns. It almost looks like their green fur is moss. Their hands are quite different from other game appearances too; they have only two "fingers".
Hidden:

Nafaalilargus. This image is really neat, the first living dragon to appear in an Elder Scrolls game (there was a dragon skeleton in Battlespire). His voice is also the best in the whole game.
Hidden:

The skeleton bridge to the final area in the Goblin Caverns. It reminds me of the bridge in Skyrim's Sovngarde.
Hidden:

One of the many lakes in the Goblin Caverns. The acid water/slime is called "goop" in the game files, so this is what I call it throughout the quest walkthrough. I wonder if the green lanterns are filled with the same substance?
Hidden:

Post subject: Re: Favorite Redguard Images
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:38 pm 
World Class Eejít
World Class Eejít

ES Games: Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: Xbox
Other Profiles: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
UESPoints: 14
Looking good :wink: I wonder tho, that dragon mount over the fireplace real or just another inn gimmick

~Forever a UESP user~
[?]

Post subject: Re: Favorite Redguard Images
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 2:33 am 
Layman
Layman

ES Games: All except TES Travels
Platform: PC
Other Profiles: Dillonn241
UESPoints: 0
The dragon head itself is most likely real, as well as the attack on Noota Nara. Dreekius says, "My sires roasted their spear-tips in the dragonfire -- that enchantment will pierce the dragon like no other, you know." You use this method to defeat Nafaalilargus. I doubt something like this was common knowledge in the Second Era, when very few dragons were around.

It's also a strange coincidence that the Draggin Tale has the name it does, yet it was established 580 years earlier. Dreekius was born in Noota Nara, so he was probably the one to bring the head to Stros M'Kai. My best guess is that the Draggin Tale is in fact the Screaming Mermaid from ESO, but was renamed when Dreekius became the owner.