A place to discuss and ask questions about the online version of our favorite series.
Post a reply

Post funny, stupid or weird glitches that happened to you.

Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:38 pm

Glitches are a part of every Elder Scrolls game, so share yours here!

To take a screenshot in-game, you can map a key to take screenshots, and then they'll be saved in Documents/Elder Scrolls Online/live/screenshots. To share them, upload them to a site such as Photobucket, and use the [img] code to share them here.

Please post them in a [hide] tag or link to them so that they do not stretch the page. ;)

Re: Post funny, stupid or weird glitches that happened to yo

Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:51 pm

The only screenshot I have doesn't really illustrate the problem, but I encountered a "breakdancing" netch in Bal Foyen. I think it was a pathing issue because this netch was "standing" in one spot and shaking rapidly back and forth. I thought it was funny.

Sat Mar 29, 2014 6:26 am

after going into the phropets memories to see the events of the compainions when i stealthed my body turned into an amalgamation of silver metal and invizible parts... it was kinda cool but freaky lol....

Sat Mar 29, 2014 6:31 am

also im assigned my jump and mount key to the same key with a different modifier. every time i tried mounting i would end up jumping then trying to mount. 50% of the time this would cause me to fall in to some type of limbo. all i saw was sky but i wasnt falling just there.could use shrines. couldnt even us the stuck comand (that suck it kills you) would end up right back there. had to log come pletly out then back in. and when i would log in i would be faling screaming from the sky and crash into the ground and die.

Sun Mar 30, 2014 3:46 pm

Well, apparently /stuck doesn't work even in PvE, because I fell through some stairs in Vulkhel Guard (fresh off the boat) and now can't get out. /reloadui, nope. Wayshrine, don't have enough money. I'm submitting a bug report and praying.

Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:48 pm

I was in Coldharbour and fell through the ground. /stuck respawned me in the same spot, relogging spawned me in the same spot. My character screams a couple times, and then I get kicked to the login screen with a message saying, "Error 318: You have been dropped from the server because you hit the message rate limit. Please avoid excessive messaging (i.e. spamming)." - even though I haven't typed anything in the chatbox.

As someone on the official ESO forum put it, "Dropped from the server indeed..."

Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:00 pm

A mildly funny thing happened last night - my Nord sailed back to Bleakrock Isle to do the early quests and collect from all the crafting nodes that I know of there, and fell on top of another character who had apparently entered the map/journal/inventory screens as soon as he got off the boat. My character couldn't move because he was standing on the other character's head! I'm not sure what knocked him loose in the end - possibly a third character fell on top of the two of us? Not sure.

Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:15 am

So, is every race entitled to join every alliance now? I participated the beta as a Bosmer who was, of course, signed up to the Aldmeri Dominion. I did not pay any notice to it when I created my Bosmer character for early access as I naturally thought I'd be in Aldmeri Dominion, as usual. Now, it turns out I'm a Bosmer sorceress serving the Ebonheart pact. Is this normal? :-)

Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:39 am

It is if you preordered the game! ;)

Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:29 am

Lord Frivolous wrote:So, is every race entitled to join every alliance now? I participated the beta as a Bosmer who was, of course, signed up to the Aldmeri Dominion. I did not pay any notice to it when I created my Bosmer character for early access as I naturally thought I'd be in Aldmeri Dominion, as usual. Now, it turns out I'm a Bosmer sorceress serving the Ebonheart pact. Is this normal? :-)

If that isn't the faction you wanted to join (and it just happened to be the clicked icon that you didn't even notice) then now's the time to start over, before you've invested a lot of time in said Bosmer sorceress.

Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:50 am

Deandra wrote:
Lord Frivolous wrote:So, is every race entitled to join every alliance now? I participated the beta as a Bosmer who was, of course, signed up to the Aldmeri Dominion. I did not pay any notice to it when I created my Bosmer character for early access as I naturally thought I'd be in Aldmeri Dominion, as usual. Now, it turns out I'm a Bosmer sorceress serving the Ebonheart pact. Is this normal? :-)

If that isn't the faction you wanted to join (and it just happened to be the clicked icon that you didn't even notice) then now's the time to start over, before you've invested a lot of time in said Bosmer sorceress.

I don't know, this might be a good thing. I definitely want to be a Bosmer sorceress and being one in Ebonheart Pact might just give it a slight twist. I already saw how's life in Aldmeri Dominion doing the Beta, now's the time to check out how's it hangin' other side of the fence. Boy, that Morrowind sure is a bleak place compared to tropical lushness of Summerset Isles. But everyone already knew this.

Tue Apr 01, 2014 12:22 pm

I've just found out why my Nord is so bad at fishing. Turns out he doesn't look in the right direction...
Hidden:

Sat Apr 05, 2014 3:54 am

This is a different kind of "glitch" - it's with the physical copy. And of COURSE the missing pages would be about the Altmer, which is the part I most wanted to see. I really hope they can get me a replacement.....

YouTube Link

Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:39 pm

Ouch, that sucks Alarra. I wouldn't of even noticed that.... maybe I should look at my book more closely :wat:

I game across my first glitch since the beta sessions today. The game seemed to think I was a werewolf and wouldn't let me participate in some activities because, well, I guess werewolves can't fish and stuff :S

Sat Apr 12, 2014 2:37 pm

Yesterday evening, while in Daggerfall, I was walking through a ghost town Glenumbra. All NPCs and PCs had apparently disappeared. All that I saw were horses, but the horses were behaving strangely, too. They weren't trotting normally, but rather sliding across the ground without moving their legs. This glitch was fixed by exiting the game and re-entering.

Sun Apr 13, 2014 5:25 am

hyperreal wrote:Yesterday evening, while in Daggerfall, I was walking through a ghost town Glenumbra. All NPCs and PCs had apparently disappeared. All that I saw were horses, but the horses were behaving strangely, too. They weren't trotting normally, but rather sliding across the ground without moving their legs. This glitch was fixed by exiting the game and re-entering.

Looks like those gliding horses just killed off everyone in Daggerfall :P

I never got into any problems of that kind, just simply stuck at login... :(

Sun Apr 13, 2014 2:36 pm

While arriving on the first boat in Auridon, I jumped into the ceiling and sent my character a place of eternal sky...and only sky
After attempting to /stuck, reloading, and realizing that at level 3 a character doesn't have enough money to wayshrine, I gave up
One server maintenance later, I found my level 3 in Firsthold at the north end of the island surrounded by npcs 10 levels higher than him and a good hiking distance from any wayshrine...

Sun Apr 20, 2014 4:15 am

I can't say that this is a glitch which "happened to" me, more that I was walking along minding my own business when I saw it. But for some reason, there was a man standing in a box in Daggerfall:
Hidden:

He was talking to a crowd of NPCs, who didn't think there was anything odd about him being in a box:
Hidden:

Sun Apr 20, 2014 4:19 am

I've never realized how large those crates were in comparison to a person. Imagine trying to lift one of those things

Sat Apr 26, 2014 11:04 pm

I had an interesting glitch during the final main quest mission.

Spoiler:
My character is a werewolf and during the final mission I was tearing through the daedra and figured it was a good time to get a few werewolf kills in. So the character transformed... kind of... He got stuck like this.

He could still attack and everything, meaning I was able to level my Werewolf skill, but it looked pretty painful. It was fixed when I logged out and back in again.

Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:57 am

Not a glitch but a surreal thing that can only happen in an Elder Scroll game.

Spoiler:
I was doing a quest for AD in Auridon where you have to disguise as Veiled Heritance soldier to get out of their camp after mission accomplished. As I was passing a Heritance soldier, he made a comment about my previous exploits. Seems wearing costume only makes the enemy friendly but not conceal your identity. It also occurred to me I was a bit unlucky: would have been so much funnier if he congratulated me for my exploits against his own faction. "I heard you gave those Veiled Heritance [&@%!] some good trashing there-and-there, Auri El bless you!"

Also similar thing happened earlier: in some cases hostiles turn friendly (green) after quest is completed. One such, an undead ghost warrior congratulated me for something the player character had done. It seems those ancient undead are surprisingly well informed about current events...

Thu May 15, 2014 10:14 am

I had a weird one just now. In Eastmarch, noticed the wayshrines had stopped functioning. Run from Morvunskar to Windhelm, didn't meet a single soul. No creatures either. Windhelm was totally empty, like in a story I read as a child where some kid wakes up to find everyone in the whole world had disappeared. The doors to buildings were also shut tight so I called it a day.

Mon Jun 02, 2014 6:50 pm

I have SO MANY glitches to post! Been too lazy to post on the forum for a while, so they've been stacking up here ;D.

There's a glitch which happens after you've been using a staff in combat where your character acts as though they're still holding the staff, and you can't do anything else. It looks extremely funny.
Hidden:
Are you dancing, Bjornolfr?

There's an ARM in my FACE!

Certain buildings have trouble loading. I am in the habit of not entering a building unless the door and stairs outside have rendered properly, but even then some buildings don't load fully. In particular, the Mages Guild in Marbruk looks like this more than half of the time when I enter:
Hidden:
The first time I ever got here, it terrified me.

Also, here's a random shot of the Bank in Mournhold with the same problem:
Hidden:

Occasionally, you get stuck in places you shouldn't be able to get to. This glitch features Deandra!
Hidden:

Falling through the world is a thing that happens (although nowhere near as much as it did on release), but here my friend & I fell into a weird twilight world in which we could still see the normal world above us. Excuse bad language on these shots.
Hidden:

I didn't manage to take a screenshot of the weirdest thing, which was after we walked up the hill and were on the same level as the dungeon that we'd just fallen out of. There was a big hole behind the Kwama Eggs that we could see through but not walk through.

This glitch is the least impressive to look at, but it's hilarious nonetheless. For some reason, the game decided I was offline... even though I patently wasn't!
Hidden:

Wed Nov 12, 2014 3:02 am

Picture from months and months ago - two Alchemy nodes on top of each other. This is an Emetic Russula and an Imp Stool. I've since seen this happen a few times, though it's rare.
Hidden:

My friend @Fin1000 discovered a new way to ride his horse.
Hidden:
Apologies for the really awful quality of this - we were in Cyrodiil, so I am required to play on a modified Low graphics or have my laptop explode. Image

@Faunter found a 'magical' mace which summoned a twin of itself when equipped:
Hidden:

It even stayed attached to his feet when he jumped!
Hidden:

Then when he changed weapons, somehow he managed to equip both a 2-handed greatsword AND a dagger!
Hidden:

On a UESP Guild trip to Blackheart Haven, we killed a harpy which stayed in the air despite being dead.
Hidden:

Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:08 am

1 When the game first came out i somehow ended up under the map and then preceded to be dragged halfway around Glenumbra before finally stopping. I ended up discovering like 3 or 4 wayshrines and a couple random areas. Oh and then to make matters worse i ended up getting slaughtered by enemies 8 levels higher then me because of it.

2 In PvP like 2 months ago DC was storming a fort and destroyed one of the walls, a lot of people charged in and me and a few other players were just stuck outside of the wall unable to enter even though it was wide open.
Post a reply