UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 12:42 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Funny/Interesting events and stories
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:48 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

ES Games: Battlespire, Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim, ESO, Legends
Platform: PC
UESPoints: 7
Experienced a moment in the game that you just have to share? Post about it here! ;)

Twitch channel: Offline

Post subject: Re: Interesting events and stories
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:08 am 
Warder
Warder

ES Games: TESO, Skyrim, Oblivion, Morrowind, Battlespire, Daggerfall, Arena
Platform: PC, PS3, PS4/VR
UESPoints: 4
I posted the gist of it here, along with 11 screenshots about it.

A certain quest bugged out, and whatever monster was supposed to appear didn't. I stood around on top of the quest marker, and people started blaming me for the quest not advancing. I told them it wasn't my fault, and only moved away after they had insulted/reported me. Nothing would happen, and they'd all just go do something else, too embarrassed to apologize. I attracted some positive attention, too. Some people took it how it was, and played music or danced with me on the spot. We also tried "fixing" the quest with /hammer and /shovel, and when that didn't work, we lounged around, did workouts, and goofed off.

I was there for about 5 hours, so I also spent a lot of time helping people in chat, and shooting the breeze.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:57 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

I had an entertaining moment in PvP during the last beta weekend:

I was just exploring Cyrodiil on my own, in Sneak mode, and I happened to notice a group of enemy warriors riding toward me on horses. I didn't have time to get out of their way, so I had one chance to hope that they didn't spot me: hide behind a lone tree. They rode around each side of the tree and I could see them dismounting, and I thought, "Oh no, they spotted me, and now they're going to kill me." However, it wasn't me they were attacking: a group from my own alliance happened to be riding up the hill behind me at that moment, and the two groups started skirmishing right in front of me. I leaped into the fight. Of course, since I'd been taking screenshots for the wiki, which involved me frequently getting close to creatures and subsequently dying, I had removed all my armor so it wouldn't degrade upon my character's death, so I was jumping into battle completely naked, which must have looked hilarious. We fought and killed the enemies, and I continued on my way. A few minutes later, I realized that the group from my side had followed me, and I stopped and they asked if I was a Lusty Argonian Maid (my character was Argonian, female, and naked, after all) and they started quoting from it for a bit.

The entire scenario just made my night; it was hilarious.

Post subject: Re: Funny/Interesting events and stories
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:20 am 
Warder
Warder

ES Games: TESO, Skyrim, Oblivion, Morrowind, Battlespire, Daggerfall, Arena
Platform: PC, PS3, PS4/VR
UESPoints: 4
I'm sure more than a few of those screenshots weren't of monsters...eh? :P

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:24 pm 
Layman
Layman

ES Games: morrowind oblivion skyrim teso
Platform: pc
UESPoints: 0
I entered cyrodiil and fell threw the ground walk to bruma jumped out of the ground and then said what the hell just happened!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:05 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games: MW, OB, SR, ESO
Platform: PC master race
UESPoints: 1
Alarra wrote:
A few minutes later, I realized that the group from my side had followed me, and I stopped and they asked if I was a Lusty Argonian Maid (my character was Argonian, female, and naked, after all) and they started quoting from it for a bit.

One wonders if they looked the quotes up or knew them by heart already? Hmm...

Okay, I'm not thinking about that any more. >.>

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 2:59 pm 
Mod On Leave
Mod On Leave

ES Games: Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: Xbox, PC, STD
Other Profiles: Gamertag: MightyGo0dLeadr
UESPoints: 15
Went questing with Alarra and Deandra last night. I swear Alarra is cursed or something. She ran into about three or four different bugs, so Deandra and I ended up playing the lute and dancing together for several minutes. XD

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 4:06 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games: Skyrim, Oblivion
UESPoints: 6
My orc, Sharzog gra-Urdak, found her less-green twin in Skywatch.

Spoiler:

And this isn't in the game itself, but my daughter presented me with a picture she had drawn of her. You can see her casting Funnel Health here:

Spoiler:

My Skyrim mods:
Saturalia * Babette's Feast * Additional Amulets * Noble Female Clothes

My Oblivion mods:
Full listing is here

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:18 pm 
Warder
Warder

ES Games: Arena, Daggerfall, Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim, Online
Platform: PC (I - V, O), Xbox 360 (IV, V)
Other Profiles: JumboWheat01 (XBL/Steam/PSN/ESO)
UESPoints: 3
I was doing some simple questing around, when I stumbled into a weird area that I've never been to. And I just happened to stumble upon this.

Spoiler:

It looks like M'aiq WAS actually telling the truth in Skyrim.

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 7:26 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

When you're in the character selection screen, you can turn your character to get a good look at them. Turns out that you can fling them around in circles by flicking it really fast. And when they finally stop spinning, the character does a random emote.

Here's how my character Janekke Ember-Heart feels about being spun around repeatedly:
Spoiler:

My Skyrim mods:

My Oblivion mods:
Full listing is here

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 7:20 pm 
Warder
Warder

Platform: PC (I - V, O), Xbox 360 (IV, V)
Other Profiles: JumboWheat01 (XBL/Steam/PSN/ESO)
UESPoints: 3
Not sure if she's disappointed in you or about to vomit.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 3:24 am 
Warder
Warder

ES Games: Oblivion, Skyrim, TES:O
Platform: PC (ESO), Xbox 360 (Oblivion, Skyrim)
Other Profiles: baratrongirl (Xbox Live)
A member of the UESP Guild managed to wander off the edge of Malabal Tor last night and enter an area of Cyrodiil which is not yet part of the game. Apparently there are testing areas on the official public server (NOT the Public Test Server, the one running the normal game!) that you can get into without much effort!

Most of it wasn't hugely exciting:
Hidden:

But there were a few interesting bits - he found Anvil and Skingrad, both of which are not currently part of the game.
Hidden:

This ruin is Miscarcand, according to the map of the game Oblivion:
Hidden:

This area of land is very clearly going to be Fyrelight Cave (turn screen on side if you can't see it):
Hidden:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:03 pm 
Associate
Associate

Platform: Previously Xbox 360; currently PC
Other Profiles: Steam ID: mataata
baratron wrote:
A member of the UESP Guild managed to wander off the edge of Malabal Tor last night and enter an area of Cyrodiil which is not yet part of the game. Apparently there are testing areas on the official public server (NOT the Public Test Server, the one running the normal game!) that you can get into without much effort!

Whoa, neat! I totally want to visit Anvil and Skingrad (my favorite cities from Oblivion).

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 5:56 am 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

I noticed that a Bosmer on Khenarthi's Roost has a Dunmer name, Indaryn Drurel; they probably just gave him the wrong race or something. I mentioned it in zone chat, and there was a little bit of speculation that perhaps he's adopted. Then someone spontaneously came up with a whole backstory for him:

Stylin' Del wrote:
"Kid had a tough life between trying to embrace his adopted parents and his own heritage.
At age 7 he tried to pick some berries on a trip to Elden Root, but couldn't find the will to, leaving him wondering just how strong his Bosmer roots were.
Age 17 he first discovers an ability to bend small portions of nature and leaves home as his adopted parents seem to grow too distant.
Age 23 he joins into a trading caravan with hopes that he might learn more of what he is by traveling the many forests of Tamriel.
Age 25 his caravan is attacked by wood orcs in Valenwood an in a rage he begins beating into the trees and violates the Green Pact.
With this his abilities to move any of the Green become forfeit and with his defeat he secludes himself to a small island off Grahtwood, retaking his Dunmer name as recompense for the family he never should have left.
END."'

Stuff like this is why I love this community, lol.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 7:19 pm 
Layman
Layman

ES Games: Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim, ESO
Platform: Xbox One
Other Profiles: assassion1778
Me and a group i was in took a elder scroll and the guy who took it died right away and re-spawned at the nearest re spawn location and he brought the elder scroll with them and he didn't even realize it when he did and we were able to take back home.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 6:18 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

assassion1778 wrote:
Me and a group i was in took a elder scroll and the guy who took it died right away and re-spawned at the nearest re spawn location and he brought the elder scroll with them and he didn't even realize it when he did and we were able to take back home.

That seems like quite a bug! Never heard of that happening before.

My Skyrim mods:

My Oblivion mods:
Full listing is here

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 3:37 pm 
Layman
Layman

Platform: Xbox One
Other Profiles: assassion1778
Deandra wrote:
assassion1778 wrote:

That seems like quite a bug! Never heard of that happening before.

Yes it was, it didn't show the glowing that marks the player but is showed it on the map. Not only that but he could mount while holding the Scroll.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:48 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games: Morrowind GOTY, Oblivion GOTY, Skyrim Legendary, ESO, Legends
Platform: PC, PS3
Other Profiles: Steam: Captain Mauin, ESO: @Mauin and @Merorzen, Legends: Mauin
I had something curious happen today while fighting General Endare during the Grahtwood quest to get that mantle.
In every other time I've done the quest, Endare only duplicated once. Both my first AD character and my EP main only had to fight two of her...
My poor second AD character (Illaria Quintus, level 22 stamina Nightblade DPS), on the other hand... She had to fight six Endares. She just kept duplicating herself every time she died.

I have absolutely no idea if that is intentional behavior or not. Illaria was killing them as quickly as she could, but they just kept coming. And coming. And coming. The Battle With No End.
Well... It ended. It just took a little over a minute to finally kill all of the Endare spawns.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 8:23 pm 
Layman
Layman

Other Profiles: Steam: Demiryu
Does lava dipping count for this thread? Somehow it was really entertaining. I didn't think the guy who started it was serious, but he was. Went on for quite a while, got a few screenshots mostly of my argonian vampire using /faint over the lava. We died a lot.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 7:08 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Do really annoying events count for this, too? 'Cause I got one...

Slight wall of text, so I'm hiding it:
Hidden:
I got really bored earlier and decided to take Rashira into the Imperial City again (last time didn't go so well). After some solo adventures and encounters with a certain big girl with a big axe, she was invited into a group that I honestly thought was just a grinding group... I didn't really have a problem with that. I joined them and, after a few loops near the AD base, we changed course. The group leader was taking us deeper into the sewers, into places Rashira had never been before (getting there solo is a wee bit of a pain for her); the group continued until we reached the center of the sewers. The Barathrum Centrata.

Great. Perfect. I've never done that with any character, so I was glad to have the opportunity to finally do that particular event and get the achievement + dye for it. We started with the outer portals. Wasn't exactly easy going as Rashira is somewhat squishy, but she held on, spamming steel tornado like some gods damned madwoman. Only time I've ever seen a character of mine go past 40k DPS in a fight...

Anyway, we got all those portals closed and then moved on to the three center ones. That's where the fight gets interesting. Annoying, but interesting.
The portals were already a bit of a problem for v3 Rashira, but the addition of the Xivkyn Elite Guard bosses just made it worse. The first portal spawned a single banner one that used a lot of the "Vampiric Ground" thing, as FTC listed it. RIP Stamina. We managed to defeat that one, and then we moved on to the second portal.

More of the same... This one, though, spawned a Xivkyn with two banners: a fire user. I cursed. Loudly. Rashira is a stage four vampire, and I did my best to avoid the fire. Except...
We weren't alone. Our buddies from EP (whom we had defeated several times in the sewers above) had come after us. They struck as we were fighting the boss. Dirty tactics... Gotta love it. I got killed again, but we were fortunate enough that the group did not wipe. The EP intruders were defeated, along with the boss itself.

Third portal... Yeah. This is the bad one. It spawned another Xivkyn with two banners. This one was a frost wielder, and, like the first one we fought, loved using the vampiric ground thing... At the same time as the big ice circles that drain your health fairly quickly. That was actually a hard fight for me. Rashira has almost no ranged DPS, and she was draining most of her stamina just trying to stay out of the damn circles. I was basically useless for most of that, but I fired off my shrouded daggers whenever I could.

Of course, this being the Imperial City, those EP [&@%!] decided that they wanted to strike at us again. One of their nightblades wound up pinning me in the middle of one of the circles that spawned and poor Rashira died again. She couldn't respawn there since it was essentially a PvP death, so I tried to do the only thing I could do: warn the others that EP was back. And you know what I did? I accidentally hit R (for Red) before I entered chat...

Insert nearly infinite load screen here.

Rashira respawned all the way back in the AD base. Ye Gods, I was so [&@%!]... I don't know if that was because I'm sick and feverish right now or what, but... Damn. Rashira went all that way and closed all those portals for nothing. Nothing. The entire time spent doing that wasted because I hit one wrong button.

I did try to get back, but it was pointless. I couldn't remember which turns we took to get down, and Rashira isn't really tough enough to make it through the mobs on her own. I wasted two or three more soul gems just trying to get back down there. The group was done long before I even made it to the area with all the Spider Daedra. I missed being able to get that achievement and the rewards for the fight...

Yeah. That's how I [&@%!] up my night right there...

I'm going to need to get another group going to give that a second shot. No idea when, though.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 1:54 pm 
Layman
Layman

ES Games: since oblivion
Platform: ps3 ps4
Other Profiles: Calamaistr
was with my younger brother @ some tower in middle of nowhere, not even close to any questers. (in wyrd territory though)
We were testing out some of the emotes as we were still somewhat new to the game..

So both of us playing legionaire looking men, started dancing like fools in the hid away corner of this tower..
Looked so stupid i started to chuckle uncontrollably.. but then some guy who for god knows what reason had also traveled all the way to this tower walked in on us.
I died irl.

YouTube Link

Since this was on ps4 i recorded the event, you can hear me laughing like a child (im a bearded man 32 years old, go figure).

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 7:39 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

I give werewolf bites every Friday night with my main character (in EP). Tonight... I walked into a "Hircine Party." There was a fairly large group of werewolves all bunched around the shrine, howling and roaring at each other. Those that weren't transformed were messing around with various emotes and chatting.

Of course, I didn't have anything better to do while waiting to bite, so I joined in. Sort of. I hid behind a tree and started playing the lute. One of them noticed and couldn't figure out where the lute music was coming from... Until they looked behind the tree. I got a laugh out of that one.

Once I did bite, I joined in with the werewolf shenanigans. There was plenty of noise and plenty of action.

Hidden:
Howling:
The group of werewolves was much smaller then. Most of the time, there was four or five of us transformed at least.

The two nude/nearly nude folk there were dancing almost perfectly with each other:

I got tired of howling after a while and dropped out of my werewolf form. From there, I started dancing with the rest, or playing an instrument.

Hidden:

It got even better when I started combining various dances with /letter. Some dances made my character twist until she looked like President Skroob in the teleport scene of Spaceballs. Others actually looked... Almost normal. Definitely not the Breton dance, though. /dancebreton + /letter = freak show. /danceredguard + /letter = not bad. /dancekhajiit + /letter = a lot of self stabbing if you have your weapons out.

When the "Hircine Party" ended after more than an hour, I used the Redguard dance one and walked back to/through Riften like that. While wearing the Song of the Night outfit (which, at least, did not make my poor Argonian bald. Unlike Rashira, who loses her ears and hair).

Hooray for random parties.

Post subject: Ghost Octopus
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:19 am 
Champion
Champion

ES Games: Arena, Daggerfall, Battlespire, Redguard, Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim, ESO, Legends, Blades
Platform: PC, Mac, iPad
Other Profiles: SeaGtGruff (Steam), TinklyGosling47 (Xbox)
UESPoints: 20
I was fishing the spot that sometimes appears in the vicinity of the outlaws refuge, between Vivec City and the little island where the gladiators hang out, using Worms as bait (in case that matters), when I caught a Ghost Octopus. Then I caught something else-- a Longfin, I think-- and after that I caught another Ghost Octopus! I'd never seen one before, and out of the blue I catch two of them, almost one after the other! :)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:32 am 
Warder
Warder

ES Games: Oblivion GOTY, Morrowind GOTY, Skyrim Legendary Edition, ESO: Tamriel Unlimited
Other Profiles: USRailFan (Steam)
I was able to play With hardly any lag at all once

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2021 4:39 am 
Layman
Layman

i am a big fan of paddle boarding.