UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Fri May 24, 2024 9:27 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2783 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112  Next
 Post subject: Re: Post funny, stupid or weird glitches that's happened to
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:16 am 
Champion
Champion

ES Games: Daggerfall, Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: PC
UESPoints: 0
And before the guards show up, the people at the inn jump up and start yelling for help ad calling him a burglar. The first time I've seen it my Dunmer thief was just coming in to get some sleep after breaking into half of the houses in town and I was sure they were talking about me and I was about to get arrested with a bag full of loot. :D

Rule #137: Always waste time when you don't have any.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:22 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games: Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
Somehow, Captain Burd was able to change his outfit (while unconscious) when I closed the Oblivion Gate there. Maybe he figured his armor was too dingged up and left it on the other side? He was laying on the ground dressed in a green robe when he came to.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 7:02 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

Watch out for Parwen when she does her archery practice in the basement. Her arrows bounce off the ceiling and on your head. I'm guessing her bow is broken from some battle or something. She was able to shoot straight though earlier in the game.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:46 am 
Layman
Layman

ES Games: Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: X-box 360
Okay, this isn't a glitch by I find this to be funny, and some what annoying. You all see those random crates along the Imperial city waterfront right? Well for all of you who have encountered them when you just began playing oblivion you think, 'Woah, there must be something cool in those crates.' Because of their size, Well in the beginning when I had just began playing, I decided to search I long rectangular crate, And when I do I find one thing. A paintbrush. I was sitting they're annoyed, wandering how chests are so little but hold the most valuable treasures. >n>

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:51 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

The only way i I can protect Martin in combat is to stand between him and the badguy so I take all the hits for him. I'm at a level where I reflect all kinds of damage on an enemy. So I just need to stand there and watch people kill themselves in front of me.

Otherwise, if I take a swing at a bad guy with a weapon, a good guy steps in my way (because the AI dogpiles everyone into a cluster) and he's dead and then I have a bounty on my head when I return from closing all the gates and saving the f'ing world. And then a few days later, guess who I get a visit from while sleeping? "They say if you murder some..."

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:04 pm 
Champion
Champion

ES Games: Daggerfall, Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
I was waiting for the shift change to steal the tax record for the TG quest and a bunch of guards attacked one of them and just hacked him to pieces while the poor guy was running around in circles and trying to get away. And after they killed him, they just sat down for a drink and some small talk. Of course I tip-toed along the wall and searched the dead guy's pockets as soon as they had their backs turned. ;) Now I need to figure out what I can use this nice watchman's key for... ;)

Rule #137: Always waste time when you don't have any.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:18 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

I like the growling look Martin gives you if you accidently killed Jauffre on the way to the Forum.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:55 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

I was fighting the Dark Seducer, Nelrene, out in the garden when her shift change occurred. She just turned around and walked away from me. I guess she had things to do that day?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:36 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games: Oblivion, Morrowind, Skyrim.
Platform: PC, Xbox 360
I had it a few days ago where the guys for the Thieves Guild (armande, the argonian etc etc) were in the garden. Was just about to walk up to them, and they all suddenly screamed battle cries, ran straight past me and laid into an Imperial Guard who had walked through the archway.

Obviously rather displeased.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:31 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

When I gave the wedding ring
Spoiler:
from the Gray Fox to the Countess for him
, my character was frozen in the scene, standing between the two of them as they talked all lovey dovey to eachother. It was very awkward for me.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:50 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

Not technically a glitch, but it is fun/silly trying to grab an unkillable NPC from lava until you step into it also.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:02 pm 
Layman
Layman

ES Games: Morrowind,Oblivion
Once when i entered Dunbarrow Cove for my weekly gold,one dude(the trainer for sneak) buffed himself,unsheated his sword and started attacking the other guy(trainer for mercantile)! I tried to fight him and then surrender myself but it didn't work. Then i got out and went back inside and everything was fine.
The same thing happened in Olav's tap and tack in Bruma.When I entered the inn,Gromm attacked Olav,who took the fight outside and the guards killed Gromm.

PS. /watch?v=-DCXMm5OlmQ&feature=plcp - happened yesterday,while playing. :D

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:26 am 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

ES Games: Battlespire, Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim, ESO, Legends
UESPoints: 7
I was at an inn in the Imperial City, and talked to Maro Rufus, who happened to be there. Everything was normal - I talked to some other people, paid for a room, etc - then I turned around, and there was Maro practically without any clothes on. He just casually walked out the door as if nothing was out of the ordinary.

EDIT: Was on my way to Cloud Ruler Temple near Bruma, and came across two Imperial Legion Foresters shooting arrows at each other and shouting battle insults until finally one of them died. The other took off running and I followed him till I found him crouched down over a deer, so I figured it had something to do with that. The wiki confirms that it's a common glitch, apparently, but I didn't know that when I saw it, and it was hilarious.

Twitch channel: Offline

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:26 pm 
Initiate
Initiate

ES Games: TES:II-V
Platform: PS3, PC
Was traveling along the Red Ring Road, when suddenly I found an Imperial Legion Soldier riding on his horse just a bit off the road. Except that this wasn't ordinary. He was stuck in the air! The horse was just floating in the air while doing the jumping animation. I could go and talk to the man and that would work normally. The sun eventually set and he just casually took out his torch. It was semi-hilarious.

I believe that it had something to do with the fact that NPCs in this game can't jump and then suddenly one had done it and the game couldn't decide what to do about it and so the horse and it's rider got stuck in the air. Weird... :?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:30 am 
Layman
Layman

ES Games: Morrowind, Oblivion
Platform: pc
Other Profiles: ktbu
Here's a glitch that I made into a comic series on another website. Although I can't find the master copy I have them linked separately.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:25 am 
Layman
Layman

ES Games: oblivion, daggerfall, arena, and skyrim
Platform: xbox 360
Other Profiles: reigel seven on xbox
hey everyone, im new here. :)

one time i killed a wrath but it didnt play its death animation, and instead just sat there, seeming as if it were still alive, even though it was lootable. also, i could walk right through it.

one time i came across an imperial leigion forester on a horse. it was awhile ago so i cant remember why, but i attacked and killed him. the weird part of it is, his dead body was lying on the ground, but somehow he was still attacking me! not knowing what to do, i randomly flailed my weapon around in the air, hoping i would kill the invisible glitched copy of him. i wasnt able to hit him. after awhile, i realised that his dead body showed that it still had health when i looked at it, so i attacked the dead body and and he actually died this time and the glitch ended.

ive seen some pretty interesting things in the time ive played oblivion.

EDIT:"Also a great past-time is to hit an imperial guard on a horse with a paralysing weapon, he falls to the ground still on his horse, the horse is obviously dead and all of a sudden you get attacked by thin air, as if the guardsman is after you but the graphics is still displaying him paralysed."

i think this is what happened to me.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:10 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games: Morrowind GOTY, Oblivion GOTY, Skyrim
Platform: PC, PS3
UESPoints: 2
Hello nerfman300, glad to have you with us!

I remember a similar "glitch" where I blasted a marauder with my touch spell. It sent him flying backwards but the body suddenly stops in mid-air and is in a similar position to the bullet time scene from Matrix movie!

Perhaps we'll get to read more of your exploits in Oblivion soon!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:21 am 
Master
Master

ES Games: Morrowind , Oblivion , Skyrim
did vampire cure quest, and my face got destroyed, so i opened ''RaceMenu'' and unknowingly destroyed my stats. in the end i fixed this after some messing with the console and trying to remember how high all of my skills were.

so then i went to Castle Skingrad, tried to finish the quest for the count, he did his whole bit with the wifey, then said ''come back in 24 hours''. and all he says when i talk to him is ''please go'' ... his steward is no help, keeps telling me ''the count needs more time''.

so basicly, the quest is stuffed. and this annoys me. i dont usually get bugs with oblivion, im very dissapointed with you . :(

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:37 pm 
Warder
Warder

ES Games: Oblivion GOTY, Morrowind GOTY, Skyrim Legendary Edition, ESO: Tamriel Unlimited
Other Profiles: USRailFan (Steam)
UESPoints: 1
OK, so not really a glitch, but fun anyway...
I was at Cloud Ruler Temple, watching the two guys sparring in the hope of getting a skill increase (how many hours do you actually have to wait for those????), and just enjoying the scenery... Suddenly, a deer comes running up the big stair, with an Imperial forester chasing. The forester shoots the deer dead, goes over to the corpse and retrieves his arrows, and then runs back to Bruma. And all the while the Blades keep on sparring, and other Blades go about their patrolling, as if nothing had ever happened...

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:55 am 
Associate
Associate

ES Games: Arena; Daggerfall; Morrowind (Collector's Edition; GOTY); Oblivion (Collector's Edition; GOTY; GOTY Deluxe); Skyrim (Collector's Edition; Dawnguard; Dragonborn)
Platform: Xbox 360; PC
Other Profiles: Tikikata (Xbox Live; Steam); TheTigerOfKai (PSN)
A weird glitch occurred on my Xbox 360 copy when I loaded the game and the camera wouldn't work. Usually the right stick would move the character left, right, etc.; however, my camera was completely stationary! My character could only run forward, backward, left, and right while facing forward. It was absolutely terrifying, lol! After a few reloads and not getting the problem fixed, I decided to shut the entire system down and let it "rest" for a little while. Turning the system back on, the "glitch" was fixed and I could turn my character and camera around again! It was so weird, but I'm glad it got fixed. Thought I was going to have to restart my character again, lol!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:21 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games: Oblivion, Morrowind, Skyrim
UESPoints: 25
Cindanwe from Fellmoor must have contracted a serious case of wanderlust. When I sought her out during the related quest (Everything In Its Place), the map marker pointed far outside the settlement, somewhere in the wilds of Dementia. Following the marker, I ended up finding her body, but the moment I tried to search her and retrieve her Notebook, the game crashed. Having reloaded, I promptly ran after her into the wilds, but this time, there was nothing corresponding to the map marker. I circled around the spot, but found nothing, even after diving through the textures with the tcl console command to check if she had perhaps dropped through the ground. The moveto player command didn't help either. It was as if she had vanished from the game completely... Image

But why bounce around to the same damn song?
You'd rather run when you can't crawl...

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:05 pm 
Layman
Layman

ES Games: Arena, Daggerfall, Redguard, Shadowkey, Dawnstar, Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
I attacked the innkeeper in the Khajiiti inn (can't remember it's name, but it's the one with the potato quest) and she ran outside into a nearby Oblivion gate wherein she was swiftly murdered by two Clannfear.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:00 pm 
Initiate
Initiate

ES Games: Arena, Daggerfall, Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: Xbox 360, DOS, Xbox
Other Profiles: Hard Luck 64 stripedflame12 (deactivated)
Last night, when I got to Cloud Ruler Temple, I went to the West Wing to get some Akaviri Katanas and such. After picking up my items, I went to go grab a Blades helmet from the top of the shelf. Once I grabbed it, the clothes in the shelf to the left started having convulsions. Intrigued, I walked over, only for the clothes to fly out and smash me in the chest, nearly killing me. I now have a fear of felt russet shoes.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:55 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games: Oblivion
Platform: PS3, PC
@Daring Fieldmajor

That reminds of this one time I went into the Rockmilk Cave tent and the lower-class clothing on the boss chest was stretched all over the floor, and when touched it snapped like a rubber band and flew around the room, crazy!

And now I'm remembering a youtube video I once saw where this guy went into the Imperial Prison Armory (where you get the Imperial Dragon Armor) and there was a dead guard on the floor. The guard's body was stretched all over the room just like the coarse linens in the tent. When the guy touched an arm (I think it was his arm, I hope it was his arm), UTTER CHAOS!!!

Damn it I wish I could find that video!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:37 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games: Morrowind GOTY, Oblivion GOTY, Skyrim
UESPoints: 2
Yeah that's funny. It happened to me when I was on a rampage in the Imperial City. Whenever I knock out an esential captain he would melt into a ragdoll puddle, flap all over the place, then stand back up. Eventually it happened on the stairs in a house and he got stuck under there. The only thing you could see was his angry face staring at you and yelling threats. xD

Another time I was running from all the guards and exited the city before they could speak to me. Paid off my bounty. Went back to the city and all the guards want to say hi to me. :P

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2783 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112  Next