Dragonborn:Black Book (quest)
|This page is currently being rewritten as part of the Skyrim Quest Redesign Project.
The page is being rewritten and checked in several stages. All users are welcome to make changes to the page. If you make a change that is relevant to the project, please update this template accordingly, and make sure you have observed the project guidelines.
 Quick Walkthrough
- Be approached by a madman ranting about a black book.
- Kill the madman when he turns hostile and find his note revealing the book's location.
- Retrieve the black book from the dungeon.
 Detailed Walkthrough
In your travels across Solstheim you may come across a madman shouting things related to some mysterious books. After a short conversation your map will be updated with the location of a Black Book and the madman will attack you. After defeating the madman you will need to travel to the location on your map to retrieve the Black Book.
If the madman dies before he finishes the conversation, this quest will not be added unless you read the note on his body.
- The madman will not approach you if you have already collected all of the Black Books.
- If the book you are sent to collect is the one in Tel Mithryn, you will not be able to access it until you've done a number of quests for Neloth, so this quest may remain open for a while.
- You can end up with a glitched journal entry due to being sent to retrieve a book you have already found.
SetStage DLC2WE06 200. This clears the quest and removes the entry.
- After completing or leaving Filament and Filigree or The Sallow Regent you may hear a hissing sound.
- Reentering the book should remove the sound
- Even if you have collected all of the Black Books, this quest may activate, sending you to Tel Mithryn. If this happens, the quest cannot be completed.
 Quest Stages
|Black Book (DLC2WE06)|
|Stage||Finishes Quest||Journal Entry|
Objective 1: Find the Black Book in <Alias=Dungeon>
- The following empty quest stages were omitted from the table: 0, 10, 20, 100, 200, 255.