Featured articles are articles the site's editors deem to be of the highest quality and should be held up as an example for other articles. Articles are nominated for this status below. The site's editors then review the nominees for content, style, completeness, and overall quality and place their vote. High quality images can be nominated for featured status at Featured Images.
Archives of previous nominations can be found here.
Featured Article Process
Any registered member can nominate any article at any time. Nominated articles should be of high quality and meet the site's style guidelines. They will frequently be recently completed articles or articles that have just undergone a substantial rewrite, but older articles are also suitable candidates.
To nominate an article, list it on the bottom of this page with a three-tier heading, (
===Example===), and briefly explain why you think the article should be given featured status.
After an article has been nominated, any registered member can vote to support or oppose each nomination. Each member can only vote once for a given article, but a member may change his/her vote by striking out the original vote and replacing it with the revised vote.
To vote on an article, state whether you support or oppose the article for featured article status. A vote should be in bold, and all votes must be signed. For example:
* '''Support''': <Comment> --~~~~ or
* '''Oppose''': <Comment> --~~~~
Commenting with your vote is optional, but if you oppose a nomination, please state how the article must be improved to get your support for featured status.
If you are not yet ready to vote but would still like to add your thoughts, you may use:
* '''Comment''': <Comment> --~~~~ or
* '''Question''': <Question> --~~~~
And fill in your concerns or questions.
UESP Administrators will periodically make decisions on article nominations. Decisions will only be made if:
- The article has been nominated for more than seven days.
- Five or more votes have been placed.
- A clear consensus has been reached (either supported or opposed for featured status).
Nominations not meeting these criteria will be left open until a decision can be reached.
Articles whose nominations pass will receive featured article status on the front page for at least one month and receive a small bronze star () on the top right corner. If an article achieves featured status before the present featured article's month expires, it must wait its turn.
Current Featured Article
- Online:Pets 8 August, 2015 - 8 September, 2015
Previous Featured Articles
|Skyrim:Erandur||1 July, 2015 - 8 August, 2015|
|Skyrim:Sheogorath||29 May, 2015 - 1 July, 2015|
|Daggerfall:Vampirism||27 April, 2015 - 29 May, 2015|
|Skyrim:Balgruuf the Greater||25 March, 2015 - 27 April, 2015|
|Lore:Skyrim||23 February, 2015 - 25 March, 2015|
|Lore:Sheogorath||20 January, 2015 - 23 February, 2015|
|Lore:Imperial Legion||15 December, 2014 - 20 January, 2015|
|Skyrim:Frostflow Abyss (quest)||27 September, 2014 - 15 December, 2014|
|Skyrim:Arniel Gane||27 August, 2014 - 27 September, 2014|
|Lore:Tiber Wars||27 July, 2014 - 27 August, 2014|
|Skyrim:Thonar Silver-Blood||24 June, 2014 - 27 July, 2014|
|Lore:Potema||28 May, 2014 - 24 June, 2014|
|Skyrim:Isran||24 April, 2014 - 28 May, 2014|
|Skyrim:Lost to the Ages||22 March, 2014 - 24 April, 2014|
|Lore:Nerevar||22 February, 2014 - 22 March, 2014|
|Skyrim:Chillrend||22 January, 2014 - 22 February, 2014|
|Dragonborn:Neloth||22 December, 2013 - 22 January, 2014|
|Lore:Scourge||20 November, 2013 - 22 December, 2013|
|Skyrim:Thieves Guild (faction)||20 October, 2013 - 20 November, 2013|
|Oblivion:Glarthir||19 September, 2013 - 20 October, 2013|
|Dragonborn:Lost Legacy||19 August, 2013 - 19 September, 2013|
|Skyrim:Ulfric Stormcloak||18 July, 2013 - 19 August, 2013|
|Skyrim:Darkness Returns||18 June, 2013 - 18 July, 2013|
|Dragonborn:The Final Descent||18 April, 2013 - 18 June, 2013|
|Skyrim:Irkngthand||16 March, 2013 - 18 April, 2013|
|Shivering:Jyggalag||11 February, 2013 - 16 March, 2013|
|Skyrim:Easter Eggs||9 January, 2013 - 11 February, 2013|
|Skyrim:Dragon||29 November, 2012 - 9 January, 2013|
|Skyrim:Delphine||29 October, 2012 - 29 November, 2012|
|Skyrim:Thalmor||28 September, 2012 - 29 October, 2012|
|Skyrim:Legate Rikke||27 August, 2012 - 28 September, 2012|
|Skyrim:Cicero||24 July, 2012 - 27 August, 2012|
|Skyrim:Forsworn||3 May, 2012 - 24 July, 2012|
|Skyrim:Forbidden Legend||30 April 2012 - 3 May 2012|
|Lore:Khajiit||30 March, 2012 - 30 April, 2012|
|Skyrim:The Black Star||21 February, 2012 - 30 March, 2012|
|Skyrim:The Only Cure||10 December, 2011 - 21 February, 2012|
|Lore:Vivec (god)||20 November, 2011 - 10 December, 2011|
|Oblivion:The Path of Dawn||16 October, 2011 - 20 November, 2011|
|Shivering:Syl||30 July, 2011 - 16 October, 2011|
|Daggerfall:Journey to Aetherius||30 June, 2011 - 30 July, 2011|
|Morrowind:Vivec||30 May, 2011 - 30 June, 2011|
|Books:The Infernal City||28 April, 2011 - 30 May, 2011|
|Shivering:Golden Saint||January 2011 - April 2011|
|Shadowkey:Glacier Crawl||November 2010 - January 2011|
|Morrowind:Seyda Neen||October 2010 - November 2010|
|Lore:Septim Dynasty||July 2010 - October 2010|
|Oblivion:Janus Hassildor||May 2010 - July 2010|
|Oblivion:Arcane University||February 2010 - May 2010|
|Lore:Black Marsh||December 2009 - February 2010|
|Oblivion:Rosethorn Hall||October 2009 - December 2009|
|Oblivion:Adanrel||May 2009 - October 2009|
|Oblivion:Creatures||January 2009 - May 2009|
|General:Playing DOS Installments under DOSBox||November 2008 - January 2009|
|Morrowind:Armor Artifacts||September 2008 - November 2008|
|Oblivion:Houses||July 2008 - September 2008|
|Oblivion:Artifacts||June 2008 - July 2008|
|Oblivion:Traps||May 2008 - June 2008|
|Oblivion:Classes||October 2007 - May 2008|
|Lore:Daedric Alphabet||November 2006 - October 2007|
|Lore:Khajiit||August 2006 - November 2006 (revoked August 2011)|
Nominations and Votes
This is everything you could want to know about ESO fishing, summarized in one place. It is hands down the best guide of its kind I've seen on the interwebs, and there are quite a few out there. It deserves some attention.
- Support: As nominator. Insignificant RevisionsThreats•Evidence 21:10, 8 August 2015 (UTC)
- Support: One of our best ESO articles. —Legoless (talk) 21:26, 8 August 2015 (UTC)
- Support: I agree! I started the page March of last year as an ugly, tiny stub and I never dreamed it would be as lovely as it is now. Mah bb is all grown up~ (I kid, I kid.) —likelolwhat talk lulzy to me 01:46, 9 August 2015 (UTC)
- Oppose: There are no less than 4 VN's in the lead section. I find it hard to believe this article is the best it can be, is entirely accurate, and is one of the best articles around the ESO namespace when we don't even have all of our own facts completely straight on it. A VN for a bug or something at the bottom? Fine, I'd let that slip in an FA vote, but there's no way I would support an article with so many VNs in the body of the article. Also, hello, I'm back-ish for a little while! -damon talk ♥ contribs 23:57, 9 August 2015 (UTC)
- As the author of all four I am a bit divided if those should be significant enough to oppose it being FA. On one hand they do not look good, and they are a fair bit of the article itself. The tables of all sorts are nice and the pictures are good, but the lead section is the central part of the article and a sizable bit of the total text. On the other hand, I do not know how easy there is to confirm such ESO data. Due to the lack of direct access to much of the game data in ESO, as opposed to the other Elder Scrolls games, there would and should be a lot more vn tags. There should maybe even quite a lot more than there are today in most articles. This would disqualify a lot of otherwise good ESO articles by definition, without good means to improve them more. —MortenOSlash (talk) 04:46, 10 August 2015 (UTC)
- Oppose: I'm with Damon on this one. While I certainly agree with MortenOSlash's point about the difficulties of verifying information in ESO, I would think that time and play-testing would provide sufficient evidence, even if we can't get absolute proof. Once a couple of those VNs are taken down, it might be more FA-worthy. – Robin Hood (talk) 19:55, 10 August 2015 (UTC)
- This discussion nicely highlights the difficulty in confirming anything through playtesting. At most, I would say one of those VN tags could be removed in the near future (the 15 fish limit). We have one of the best ESO fishing guide on the web, and a couple VN tags serve only to point out the limits of our current knowledge to readers, rather than mark the article as incomplete. —Legoless (talk) 20:06, 10 August 2015 (UTC)
- Conditional Support: The vn about the 15 fish limit seems like it wouldn't be too difficult to verify before featuring this article. The others I can live with being in the article for the reasons given above. Overall, this is an excellent article. Forfeit (talk) 00:03, 11 August 2015 (UTC)
- I will attempt to do some testing. I did get a fishing hole with exactly 15 catches when I bothered counting. (I wonder if having 2 or 3 people at a hole will halve/third that number?) Hopefully we can get that vn off, though tbh I don't care whether it's there or not. —likelolwhat talk lulzy to me 01:24, 11 August 2015 (UTC)