Featured articles are articles the site's editors deem to be of the highest quality and should be held up as an example for other articles. Articles are nominated for this status below. The site's editors then review the nominees for content, style, completeness, and overall quality and place their vote. High quality images can be nominated for featured status at Featured Images.
Archives of previous nominations can be found here.
Featured Article Process
Any registered member can nominate any article at any time. Nominated articles should be of high quality and meet the site's style guidelines. They will frequently be recently completed articles or articles that have just undergone a substantial rewrite, but older articles are also suitable candidates.
To nominate an article, list it on the bottom of this page with a three-tier heading, (
===Example===), and briefly explain why you think the article should be given featured status.
After an article has been nominated, any registered member can vote to support or oppose each nomination. Each member can only vote once for a given article, but a member may change his/her vote by striking out the original vote and replacing it with the revised vote.
To vote on an article, state whether you support or oppose the article for featured article status. A vote should be in bold, and all votes must be signed. For example:
* '''Support''': <Comment> --~~~~ or
* '''Oppose''': <Comment> --~~~~
Commenting with your vote is optional, but if you oppose a nomination, please state how the article must be improved to get your support for featured status.
If you are not yet ready to vote but would still like to add your thoughts, you may use:
* '''Comment''': <Comment> --~~~~ or
* '''Question''': <Question> --~~~~
And fill in your concerns or questions.
UESP Administrators will periodically make decisions on article nominations. Decisions will only be made if:
- The article has been nominated for more than seven days.
- Five or more votes have been placed.
- A clear consensus has been reached (either supported or opposed for featured status).
Nominations not meeting these criteria will be left open until a decision can be reached.
Articles whose nominations pass will receive featured article status on the front page for at least one month and receive a small bronze star () on the top right corner. If an article achieves featured status before the present featured article's month expires, it must wait its turn.
Current Featured Article
- Lore:Almalexia (god) 28 July, 2016 - 28 August, 2016
Previous Featured Articles
|Oblivion:Amusei||18 June, 2016 - 28 July, 2016|
|Lore:Sancre Tor||16 May, 2016 - 18 June, 2016|
|Lore:Snow Elf||15 April, 2016 - 16 May, 2016|
|Skyrim:Mountain Climbing||4 January, 2016 - 15 April, 2016|
|Lore:Necromancy||22 November, 2015 - 4 January, 2016|
|Dragonborn:Dragonborn (quest)||15 October, 2015 - 22 November, 2015|
|Online:Pets||8 August, 2015 - 15 October, 2015|
|Skyrim:Erandur||1 July, 2015 - 8 August, 2015|
|Skyrim:Sheogorath||29 May, 2015 - 1 July, 2015|
|Daggerfall:Vampirism||27 April, 2015 - 29 May, 2015|
|Skyrim:Balgruuf the Greater||25 March, 2015 - 27 April, 2015|
|Lore:Skyrim||23 February, 2015 - 25 March, 2015|
|Lore:Sheogorath||20 January, 2015 - 23 February, 2015|
|Lore:Imperial Legion||15 December, 2014 - 20 January, 2015|
|Skyrim:Frostflow Abyss (quest)||27 September, 2014 - 15 December, 2014|
|Skyrim:Arniel Gane||27 August, 2014 - 27 September, 2014|
|Lore:Tiber Wars||27 July, 2014 - 27 August, 2014|
|Skyrim:Thonar Silver-Blood||24 June, 2014 - 27 July, 2014|
|Lore:Potema||28 May, 2014 - 24 June, 2014|
|Skyrim:Isran||24 April, 2014 - 28 May, 2014|
|Skyrim:Lost to the Ages||22 March, 2014 - 24 April, 2014|
|Lore:Nerevar||22 February, 2014 - 22 March, 2014|
|Skyrim:Chillrend||22 January, 2014 - 22 February, 2014|
|Dragonborn:Neloth||22 December, 2013 - 22 January, 2014|
|Lore:Scourge||20 November, 2013 - 22 December, 2013|
|Skyrim:Thieves Guild (faction)||20 October, 2013 - 20 November, 2013|
|Oblivion:Glarthir||19 September, 2013 - 20 October, 2013|
|Dragonborn:Lost Legacy||19 August, 2013 - 19 September, 2013|
|Skyrim:Ulfric Stormcloak||18 July, 2013 - 19 August, 2013|
|Skyrim:Darkness Returns||18 June, 2013 - 18 July, 2013|
|Dragonborn:The Final Descent||18 April, 2013 - 18 June, 2013|
|Skyrim:Irkngthand||16 March, 2013 - 18 April, 2013|
|Shivering:Jyggalag||11 February, 2013 - 16 March, 2013|
|Skyrim:Easter Eggs||9 January, 2013 - 11 February, 2013|
|Skyrim:Dragon||29 November, 2012 - 9 January, 2013|
|Skyrim:Delphine||29 October, 2012 - 29 November, 2012|
|Skyrim:Thalmor||28 September, 2012 - 29 October, 2012|
|Skyrim:Legate Rikke||27 August, 2012 - 28 September, 2012|
|Skyrim:Cicero||24 July, 2012 - 27 August, 2012|
|Skyrim:Forsworn||3 May, 2012 - 24 July, 2012|
|Skyrim:Forbidden Legend||30 April 2012 - 3 May 2012|
|Lore:Khajiit||30 March, 2012 - 30 April, 2012|
|Skyrim:The Black Star||21 February, 2012 - 30 March, 2012|
|Skyrim:The Only Cure||10 December, 2011 - 21 February, 2012|
|Lore:Vivec (god)||20 November, 2011 - 10 December, 2011|
|Oblivion:The Path of Dawn||16 October, 2011 - 20 November, 2011|
|Shivering:Syl||30 July, 2011 - 16 October, 2011|
|Daggerfall:Journey to Aetherius||30 June, 2011 - 30 July, 2011|
|Morrowind:Vivec||30 May, 2011 - 30 June, 2011|
|Books:The Infernal City||28 April, 2011 - 30 May, 2011|
|Shivering:Golden Saint||January 2011 - April 2011|
|Shadowkey:Glacier Crawl||November 2010 - January 2011|
|Morrowind:Seyda Neen||October 2010 - November 2010|
|Lore:Septim Dynasty||July 2010 - October 2010|
|Oblivion:Janus Hassildor||May 2010 - July 2010|
|Oblivion:Arcane University||February 2010 - May 2010|
|Lore:Black Marsh||December 2009 - February 2010|
|Oblivion:Rosethorn Hall||October 2009 - December 2009|
|Oblivion:Adanrel||May 2009 - October 2009|
|Oblivion:Creatures||January 2009 - May 2009|
|General:Playing DOS Installments under DOSBox||November 2008 - January 2009|
|Morrowind:Armor Artifacts||September 2008 - November 2008|
|Oblivion:Houses||July 2008 - September 2008|
|Oblivion:Artifacts||June 2008 - July 2008|
|Oblivion:Traps||May 2008 - June 2008|
|Oblivion:Classes||October 2007 - May 2008|
|Lore:Daedric Alphabet||November 2006 - October 2007|
|Lore:Khajiit||August 2006 - November 2006 (revoked August 2011)|
Nominations and Votes
A superbly detailed and well researched article. It has excellent coverage of the subject, great images, and covers one of the fan favorite NPCs.
Support: This article pretty well summarizes an important quest NPC of the game. - KINMUNE ﴾TALK﴿ 03:14, 29 July 2016 (UTC)
- Oppose: Substantial amounts of dialogue are not documented in the article. A lot of it is fairly easy stuff to add like some standard greetings depending if you're in the Companions or not (first 6 or so lines of dialogue here), but there are a few lines that are likely quest-related missing as well from a glance in the CK. The generic conversations he has with fellow members of the Companions are also not currently included on the article. As such, I cannot support this otherwise excellent article quite yet. Forfeit (talk) 17:25, 29 July 2016 (UTC)
- Oppose: Well, if that's the case, then per Forfeit, I change to an opposition. -damon talk ♥ contribs 18:23, 29 July 2016 (UTC)
- Support: <It's a very detailed page and with Skyrim being re-released soon, the nord attitude towards valour and glory may be the first impressiong many new players get. They may want to check out the companions and having Kodlak as a featured is a good idea. Virtually everything he does or says or is involved in is covered. It also helps those who want to roleplay as Kodlak may be an NPC they could overlook or want to refresh their memory of the Harbinger./> --Thelastdovah (talk) 20:01, 6 August 2016 (UTC) The Sheodovah(Formely lastdovah)
An odd choice, I know. But I think this shines as a pretty strong coverage of the topic. I enjoy the comments from Soule, its a unique attribute to the article that I think we should look at including more of (when the creators specifically refer to characters or the like, it would be interesting to include their commentary on them).
- Support: A nice subject matter rarely touched upon by articles presented very well. - KINMUNE ﴾TALK﴿ 03:14, 29 July 2016 (UTC)
- Support: I like this one because it covers a variety of topics about the soundtrack and is not just, for instance, the tracklist. ~ Alarra (talk) 06:22, 29 July 2016 (UTC)
- Support: Awsome, the one word I would use to describe the music in Skyrim, and just TES games in general. My vote goes here. - The Aldmer Professor )Talk)
- Oppose: I feel like the formatting could be improved in some way. I'm not sold on all of the Show/Hide's for the Soule comments, despite the condensation it provides, and I really feel like there has to be a better way that we can integrate those into the articles. And, while this doesn't necessarily represent a lack of data, I don't care for how the Dragonborn music section has all of the Morrowind names set dead center of the table with white space above and below. It creates an illusion that something is missing, having a quarter of a table completely blank. I know that isn't the case, but it's still something I feel could be improved upon in some way by someone who understands tables and formatting better than myself. -damon talk ♥ contribs 14:37, 29 July 2016 (UTC)
- Oppose: Per Damon, the formatting could be improved. there's tons of tables and then text. Not that visually appealing. I'd suggest a format similar to that of Skyrim:Console, where there's a fairly good amount of text in the tables. Phacteria (talk) 16:24, 30 July 2016 (UTC)
Note: For the sake of being open, most of the images on this article are mine. But this is a very strong article, combining important details about construction with excellent tables explaining what is necessary, a visual gallery to show construction. I even like the division between this and linked to articles, which go into more depth on specific wings.
- Support: This article is very informative and helpful concerning its subject. - KINMUNE ﴾TALK﴿ 03:14, 29 July 2016 (UTC)
- Support: I used this one myself after I got Hearthstone and appreciated it. It's very helpful and detailed. ~ Alarra (talk) 06:22, 29 July 2016 (UTC)
- Support: <A very useful article and explains the crafting system for homes. Having some pictures of the interior of being furbished and different layouts would show the complete package and could be done via a few pictures. > --Thelastdovah (talk) 22:33, 6 August 2016 (UTC) The Sheodovah(Formerly Last Dovah)
As one of the first NPCs you meet, and the "tutorial" for smithing, Alvor has a strong impact on players. It's good to see him have an equally strong article to go with it.
- Oppose: Article seems to be a mash-up of a merchant page and a quest NPC page. - KINMUNE ﴾TALK﴿ 03:14, 29 July 2016 (UTC)
- Support: A good detailed page about one of the first characters you meet. ~ Alarra (talk) 06:22, 29 July 2016 (UTC)
- Oppose: Overall, I like the article but I do have a few issues with it. I agree with Kimune in that the page does feel like it's mashing together his merchant information and quest related events. I think the article may benefit from sectioning off this information a bit more. Maybe list the generic dialogue, then the generic conversations under that, then the related quests, then a section for quest-related events, and then the displayed merchandise section. As it is, the Before the Storm details just seem like they were thrown in with the rest of the dialogue. Also, there are a few lines of dialogue in the CK that aren't accounted for on the page (, , and ) so I'd like to see these included in the article or listed as an unused dialogue note before featuring it. Forfeit (talk) 17:24, 29 July 2016 (UTC)
One of the more memorable villains, Ancano establishes great characterization for the Thalmor and has some of the cooler moments in his questline (aiding the article's images, for sure). I would like to see this one featured.
- Support: An excellent summary of the descent into madness. - KINMUNE ﴾TALK﴿ 03:14, 29 July 2016 (UTC)
- Support: I especially like the images in this one; looks great! ~ Alarra (talk) 06:22, 29 July 2016 (UTC)
- Support: Damn it, man, you just made me accidentally spoil myself to the one guild line that is in-progress that I haven't yet gotten to on Skyrim (aside from the Bard College, but 2-3 quests is hardly a "guild") -damon talk ♥ contribs 14:37, 29 July 2016 (UTC)
- Support: Excellent NPC article on a memorable character as well. Very well written, comprehensive treatment in regards to dialogue and rumors, and all the images are amazing as well. Forfeit (talk) 17:24, 29 July 2016 (UTC)
For one of the more memorable random dungeons, I think it's rather impressive as a summary of this location, with some nice accompanying images.
- Oppose: This article has little to set it apart from other dungeon articles. - KINMUNE ﴾TALK﴿ 03:14, 29 July 2016 (UTC)
- Support: Very thorough coverage of the dungeon and a good example of the kind of quality the wiki strives for, even though it's a dungeon like any other. ~ Alarra (talk) 06:22, 29 July 2016 (UTC)
- Oppose: I'm with KINMUNE here. It's a great article in its own right, but I can't think of anything that makes it stand out compared to the millions of other dungeon articles we have. -damon talk ♥ contribs 14:37, 29 July 2016 (UTC)
For one of the few quests with almost no player action, this is a good summary of the NPCs actions.
- Support: Again, great images, and good coverage of one of the main-story quests. ~ Alarra (talk) 06:22, 29 July 2016 (UTC)
One of my favorite Dwemer ruins, nice coverage, good images.
- Support: A solid article. Lots of content without being a wall of text. - KINMUNE ﴾TALK﴿ 03:14, 29 July 2016 (UTC)