Featured articles are articles the site's editors deem to be of the highest quality and should be held up as an example for other articles. Articles are nominated for this status below. The site's editors then review the nominees for content, style, completeness, and overall quality and place their vote. High quality images can be nominated for featured status at Featured Images.
Archives of previous nominations can be found here.
 Featured Article Process
Any registered member can nominate any article at any time. Nominated articles should be of high quality and meet the site's style guidelines. They will frequently be recently completed articles or articles that have just undergone a substantial rewrite, but older articles are also suitable candidates.
To nominate an article, list it on the bottom of this page with a three-tier heading, (
===Example===), and briefly explain why you think the article should be given featured status.
After an article has been nominated, any registered member can vote to support or oppose each nomination. Each member can only vote once for a given article, but a member may change his/her vote by striking out the original vote and replacing it with the revised vote.
To vote on an article, state whether you support or oppose the article for featured article status. A vote should be in bold, and all votes must be signed. For example:
* '''Support''': <Comment> --~~~~ or
* '''Oppose''': <Comment> --~~~~
Commenting with your vote is optional, but if you oppose a nomination, please state how the article must be improved to get your support for featured status.
If you are not yet ready to vote but would still like to add your thoughts, you may use:
* '''Comment''': <Comment> --~~~~ or
* '''Question''': <Question> --~~~~
And fill in your concerns or questions.
UESP Administrators will periodically make decisions on article nominations. Decisions will only be made if:
- The article has been nominated for more than seven days.
- Five or more votes have been placed.
- A clear consensus has been reached (either supported or opposed for featured status).
Nominations not meeting these criteria will be left open until a decision can be reached.
Articles whose nominations pass will receive featured article status on the front page for at least one month and receive a small bronze star () on the top right corner. If an article achieves featured status before the present featured article's month expires, it must wait its turn.
 Current Featured Article
 Previous Featured Articles
|Skyrim:Irkngthand||16 March, 2013 - 18 April, 2013|
|Shivering:Jyggalag||11 February, 2013 - 16 March, 2013|
|Skyrim:Easter Eggs||9 January, 2013 - 11 February, 2013|
|Skyrim:Dragon||29 November, 2012 - 9 January, 2013|
|Skyrim:Delphine||29 October, 2012 - 29 November, 2012|
|Skyrim:Thalmor||28 September, 2012 - 29 October, 2012|
|Skyrim:Legate Rikke||27 August, 2012 - 28 September, 2012|
|Skyrim:Cicero||24 July, 2012 - 27 August, 2012|
|Skyrim:Forsworn||3 May, 2012 - 24 July, 2012|
|Skyrim:Forbidden Legend||30 April 2012 - 3 May 2012|
|Lore:Khajiit||30 March, 2012 - 30 April, 2012|
|Skyrim:The Black Star||21 February, 2012 - 30 March, 2012|
|Skyrim:The Only Cure||10 December, 2011 - 21 February, 2012|
|Lore:Vivec (god)||20 November, 2011 - 10 December, 2011|
|Oblivion:The Path of Dawn||16 October, 2011 - 20 November, 2011|
|Shivering:Syl||30 July, 2011 - 16 October, 2011|
|Daggerfall:Journey to Aetherius||30 June, 2011 - 30 July, 2011|
|Morrowind:Vivec||30 May, 2011 - 30 June, 2011|
|Books:The Infernal City||28 April, 2011 - 30 May, 2011|
|Shivering:Golden Saint||January 2011 - April 2011|
|Shadowkey:Glacier Crawl||November 2010 - January 2011|
|Morrowind:Seyda Neen||October 2010 - November 2010|
|Lore:Septim Dynasty||July 2010 - October 2010|
|Oblivion:Janus Hassildor||May 2010 - July 2010|
|Oblivion:Arcane University||February 2010 - May 2010|
|Lore:Black Marsh||December 2009 - February 2010|
|Oblivion:Rosethorn Hall||October 2009 - December 2009|
|Oblivion:Adanrel||May 2009 - October 2009|
|Oblivion:Creatures||January 2009 - May 2009|
|General:Playing DOS Installments under DOSBox||November 2008 - January 2009|
|Morrowind:Armor Artifacts||September 2008 - November 2008|
|Oblivion:Houses||July 2008 - September 2008|
|Oblivion:Artifacts||June 2008 - July 2008|
|Oblivion:Traps||May 2008 - June 2008|
|Oblivion:Classes||October 2007 - May 2008|
|Lore:Daedric Alphabet||November 2006 - October 2007|
|Lore:Khajiit||August 2006 - November 2006 (revoked August 2011)|
 Nominations and Votes
I stumbled upon this article and was thouroughly impressed with how much information and images were available. Those involved with this page did a fantastic job.
- Support: As nominator.--WoahBro (talk) 03:45, 5 May 2013 (GMT)
- Comment: The frost breath shouts had to be verified, and I found out that Draurg Scourge (Over)Lords have these. The fact this hadn't been stated more clearly makes me wonder if this article is really "complete", what else may be missing? I'd like for these things to be clearly stated. ~ Dwarfmp (talk) 03:57, 5 May 2013 (GMT)
- The reason why I nominated this was because someone did verify the frost breath issue, but I guess that wasn't correctly verified...bummer.--WoahBro (talk) 04:09, 5 May 2013 (GMT)
- Oppose: I don't think it's quite ready. I just went through and cleaned up some poor sentence structure and fixed a couple of other issues, and it probably needs at least one more go over by a second set of eyes. Plus, there is at least one image, File:SR-creature-Curalmil.jpg, that could be improved. --Xyzzy Talk 06:53, 5 May 2013 (GMT)
I don't like the placement of the TOC or the intro image; the text shouldn't first spread out above them then be squeezed in between them like that. The image for the Draugr Death Overlord extends beyond the outline in the page. This may only show up for me because I have thumbnails showing at 300px, but still, it looks sloppy.I haven't read the text carefully, but it looks like there's a lot of it. I'm guessing it could be much more succinct, especially in the "Combat Strategies". In fact, I question that whole section's existence. I don't like the whole "See Also" section, either: a "for more information" link to the lore page should be in the text like other pages, the link to the Bloodmoon draugr page is unnecessary, and I don't see the point of a book list for just one book. Minor EditsThreats•Evidence 19:50, 7 May 2013 (GMT)
- Oppose:A lot of the information is unclear, not particularly useful or redundant. For example, I removed a note on draugr trying to surround you during combat. All melee enemies in the game will atrempt to surround you, it's how the AI works. The section on combat lists names for followers such as Nightblade and Sorcerer that most normal visitors will not understand. There's still a lot of work to be done.--~The wind, forsaken~ (talk) 20:29, 7 May 2013 (GMT)
After a little bit of tweaking in the walkthrough to (evidently) complete the Redesign project, I truly feel this article is ready for featured status. It has a lot of clear information, a detailed quest walkthrough, helpful images, and everything I could want in an article. That being said, I am still fairly new around here and am learning what is expected of the wiki, and I do hope this nomination process helps me gain more knowledge. :D
- Support: As the nominator of this article, I suppose it would be most unconventional if I did not cast my support. --written by Nocte Chat with me?Look at what I did! 07:40, 14 May 2013 (GMT)
- Comment: Still mulling this over, but I thought I should point that if thumbnails are set to show at 300px, it creates some spacing issues in the detailed walkthrough. Minor EditsThreats•Evidence 00:34, 15 May 2013 (GMT)