|Quest||Repairing the Orrery|
|Location||Orrery in the Arch-Mage's Lobby|
|Released||April 17, 2006|
|Xbox 360||Xbox Live for $1.88 US & Canada|
|For problems related to installation, see Installation Issues|
- Harness the power of the stars. Rebuild the defiled Orrery and unlock the secrets of this Mages Guild Inner Sanctum. —Former Official Summary
- The Orrery Pack allows you to help the Mages Guild of Cyrodiil repair the Imperial Orrery, an ancient dwarven machine with mystical properties. Bandits have stolen a shipment of parts destined for the Arcane University; if you can return them, the Orrery will function once more. —Current Official Summary
[Original description from obliviondownloads.com]
Excerpt from Official Guild Correspondence, 3E432
My thanks for the latest trove of information. I understand it is difficult to decipher the glyphs remotely; Arch-Mage Traven has not deemed it necessary for you to make the long trip from Morrowind to visit the Orrery personally. (I know what a hardship that must be for you; your interest in and dedication to Dwemer research has not gone unnoticed at the University.)
From what you have told me, I suspect that not only might it be possible to return the Orrery to a functional state, but we may unlock features that have been hidden to us until now. I have long wondered about the function of the console separate from the primary mechanism; these plans you have sent suggest it might have a significant use. I have seen repeated references to Masser and Secunda, and they are clearly somehow related to this particular section of the Orrery. To what end, I cannot be sure, but I would very much like to find out.
If your excavations continue, I wonder if you might be able to send me some spare parts? The Council has authorized you to send me several cogs, as well as a coherer, cylinder, and one of those fascinating tubes. Formal papers for the shipment should arrive sometime next month (you know how the Council tends to drag its feet, even when it can finally make a decision!)
Thank you again for your assistance with the Orrery. Perhaps someday I'll have the time to visit Ald-ruhn and see these ruins in all their native glory.
- A new, full-featured quest, including dialogue, journals, and rewards.
- Track down the bandits who have stolen the parts for the Orrery, and deliver them to Bothiel at the Arcane University.
- Gain access to the Imperial Orrery in the Arcane University, an incredible mechanical marvel.
- Watch the skies for the changing of the moons. Each phase brings the possibility for a new power.
- Pick the power that best suits your character—boost one stat at the expense of another.